Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Bernadeschi hardly played last season
he played PLENTY of games in both of Seria A and CL.

- - - Updated - - -

:yawn: that also means Berna is much less of a key figure and has to compete against substantially better competition within his own team
Doesn't matter. berna for cuadrado's spot in the longer term would be interesting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
he played PLENTY of games in both of Seria A and CL.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. berna for cuadrado's spot in the longer term would be interesting.
Bernadeschi had 5 goals-6 assists in 962 minutes between Serie A and CL last year- 2017-18... which is a fantastic goal+assist/90 min ratio.

His overall gameplay has improved this year and he’s put in some top performances, but his final ball and decision-making around the box has taken a nose dive and been atrocious this year.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
DVl02qIWAAExEuv.jpg

berna plays for a team 10 times better than fiorentina.
I kinda rate Berna more than Chiesa, mostly because imo Berna does great at counter attacks aswell as at grinding against a pinned back defense, while Chiesa can work only on the counters - if I'm not mistaken.

In any case - I don't see how it would be a either Chiesa - or Berna thing, Chiesa is more of a replacement for our left wing.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
We should get him. He is not really a world class talent, but from what I saw from him, he can be better player for us than Dybala or even Berna in knock out games of C1.

For me, he has everything to be a knockout games's player. He has very good technique and great off-the-ball movement. He can shoot very well from both inside and outside the box, dribble out of defender with his technique and speed (which Dybala now can't do) to break the opponent's defensive line. And more important thing are his work rate. In C1's games, when all the teams are very well drilled, his constant off-the-ball movement is more effective than passively play-to-feet football (unless you are a young Messi).

Another advantage for him is his efficiency in using both of his feet. When oppenent's defender is really good, a two-footed player is generally much more effective than one-footed one, unless the one-footed one is too quick for defender to handle (Messi, Robben). Both Berna and Dybala are very one-footed player, they always need to take the ball to their left foot to dribble and even for pass, and since they are not quick enough, they are easily handled by relative fast and offensive defender like we saw in the Ajax, Atalanta games.

So even though Chiesa is not as talented as Dybala (for me), if we want to have a better chance in C1 next year, changing Dybala for Chiesa is not bad at all, and if we can add a extra good CM from Dybala's sale, it is no brainer.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Very mediocre stats if i'm being honest here

- - - Updated - - -

what do the stats look like for this season tho ?
i think that OPTA is the only official and reliable source for players stats but not avalaible yet.
In case you're interested, I found the links here :
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/122402/Show/Federico-Bernardeschi
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322971/Show/Federico-Chiesa
https://fmdataba.com/19/p/22020/federico-bernardeschi/
https://fmdataba.com/19/p/21687/federico-chiesa/

- - - Updated - - -

Bernadeschi had 5 goals-6 assists in 962 minutes between Serie A and CL last year- 2017-18... which is a fantastic goal+assist/90 min ratio.

His overall gameplay has improved this year and he’s put in some top performances, but his final ball and decision-making around the box has taken a nose dive and been atrocious this year.
i don't say that berna isn't a quality player.He has strength, pace and skill and they are playing in different positions.but chiesa is younger and plays for a shitty team.I hope juve can integrate him next season he will be lucky to be able to learn from ronaldo as a teammate.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda rate Berna more than Chiesa, mostly because imo Berna does great at counter attacks aswell as at grinding against a pinned back defense, while Chiesa can work only on the counters - if I'm not mistaken.

In any case - I don't see how it would be a either Chiesa - or Berna thing, Chiesa is more of a replacement for our left wing.
exactly what i think.he would be costa replacement.chiesa's dribble is effective, kind of what mbappe or costa have. keeping ball is also strong.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I missed last game, but a friend told me he was unstopable vs us, especially in thr first half.
He was great, though it doesn't take much to be great against Juventus these days. Nevertheless he set up their goal, and hot the bar twice with furious shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)