Federico Chiesa - AM RL, SS - Fiorentina (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016

Should be our primary target this summer
How on earth do you make him as our primary target this summer: we have Dybala, Kean, Berna, Costa, Cuadrado, Ronaldo, Mandzu.... you really consider him as primary? I'd be happy to have him if we sold someone like Cuads or Costa, but I don't see him as even a massive improvement on them, if at all....

We definitely have positions in need of more urgent replacements like the midfield that has been craving a real world class player since 2016.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When B81 is this much against a player, its time to buy. :p

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth do you make him as our primary target this summer: we have Dybala, Kean, Berna, Costa, Cuadrado, Ronaldo, Mandzu.... you really consider him as primary? I'd be happy to have him if we sold someone like Cuads or Costa, but I don't see him as even a massive improvement on them, if at all....

We definitely have positions in need of more urgent replacements like the midfield that has been craving a real world class player since 2016.
I think we will be selling a few in attack this summer: Dybala IMO already has a food out the door, one of Cuads/Costa probably going too.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not against him. I just don't see him as some savior. He shouldn't be a primary target for a club of our caliber. Maybe a primary target for a Napoli, or present day Milan and Inter, but he should be a secondary option, tertiary even, for a club of our stature.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He shouldn't be a main target for us imo, but if we were able to more or less swap him with the lolzilian, go ahead.

Younger, italian, not injury prone, lower wages and can't be more inconsistent than half season Costa.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
He'd be a priority easy, if we weren't so stacked with forwards already.
Would be more than happy for him to join but only after the big issues in the squad are fixed.

Apr 17, 2013
He'd be a priority easy, if we weren't so stacked with forwards already.
Would be more than happy for him to join but only after the big issues in the squad are fixed.
agree
first buy 1 world-class central defender (ex deligt)
second buy 1 world-class central midfield (ndombele)
third buy world-class physio
fourth buy 1 young italian midfield (tonali zaniolo barella)
fifth buy chiesa

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
@Bianconero81 is usually a very good judge of footballers ability. If B81 is constantly shitting on a player, he’s probably not that good.

The only player who I (somewhat) disagree with him on is Pjanic.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't mind Chiesa however no doubt he's overhyped here

And honestly, you have to wonder if Chiesa is some beacon of consistency seeing the way Costa is being criticized for being inconsistent. Chiesa still has a long long way to go.

At this point , going from Costa to Chiesa would no doubt be a downgrade. We will also miss the explosiveness that Costa brings in his game which we probably won't get with Chiesa since he is a different mold of player altogether.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chiesa is 21 years old and just emerging as an international player, Douglas Costa is a 28 year old established international, it's odd to make a direct comparison.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I don't mind Chiesa however no doubt he's overhyped here

And honestly, you have to wonder if Chiesa is some beacon of consistency seeing the way Costa is being criticized for being inconsistent. Chiesa still has a long long way to go.

At this point , going from Costa to Chiesa would no doubt be a downgrade. We will also miss the explosiveness that Costa brings in his game which we probably won't get with Chiesa since he is a different mold of player altogether.
So due to the fact that you haven't watched enough of Chiesa, you're going to make a conclusion that he will not be beneficial to our team?
Chiesa is a hard worker. He's super direct in his way of playing. He cuts the crap and has a go for goal, while Costa is out there playing street football

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What explosiveness would we miss? Chiesa is extremely fast and much more direct. Douglas is maybe the fastest player in the world, but he doesn't do much with it in the end.

Before we miss anything, Douglas would have to make himself relevant.

Jul 13, 2010
What explosiveness would we miss? Chiesa is extremely fast and much more direct. Douglas is maybe the fastest player in the world, but he doesn't do much with it in the end.

Before we miss anything, Douglas would have to make himself relevant.
Sometimes sheer explosiveness is enough for the team to wake up. Costa always creates show and more importantly, opens up the space for others to finish it off. I agree he would rather keep the ball on the ground at all times, but look at Bernardeschi's end product - on target for 1/10 attempts and balloons the ball almost all the time.

Don't be harsh on flash, he's good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)