Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Berna gives us the same spastic running as Matuidi, he can complete the same sideways passes, and can actually pass forward without struggling as if his life depends on it.

Also, Berna's ball control is much better than Matuidi, which makes him harder to dispossess, and as a result makes us harder to press.

Of course it's just one game. We need a bigger sample size to make any real conclusions.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
he gets dispossessed too easily, still, this is one of his rare positive matches this season.
Did well, nice to have a midfielder willing to run past the attackers. It creates more room for them.
Udinesse played there b team. 8/11 were reserve players. Very hard to pass judgment based on this information.
He needs to show his qualities against decent opponents first.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
he gets dispossessed too easily, still, this is one of his rare positive matches this season.
Sample size ain't the best, but i think i prefer having him on the right or left of a mid three. Might come in handy there with his runs and workrate.

Certainly better than making him a focal point behind the strikers imo. Also less pressure and responsibility.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
a good game is a good game.
don't know why people have to play down his performance because the opponent was bad
We are not playing his performance down.
Most of us say that we should not get too carried away by his performance based on the level of the opposition.
He needs this kind of performance against much better opponents and I hope he gets a chance to show us a new Bernadeschi, one that could thrive in his new position.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
All credit to you if this experimental succeeds tbh :D
I want credit too. I never saw him as a winger and was veen surprised when he arrived and was used in the forward line.

But i said it before the game and ill say it again: we need more sample to analyze.

Anyways good game and was in the line of what i wanted to see

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)