Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope he isn't too shit - otherwise we'll struggle to dispose of him. Like Rugani, I hope his appearances are limited, never in the CL, but enough to attract attention. A 35-40 million offer and arrivederci; alternatively, we can use him in exchange for Zaniolo. Many teams will be skeptical after that ACL tear, but I'm sure Zaniolo will still be a beast. Burnturdeski will never be a Juve caliber player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He played his ass off in that atletico game. He showed really good grinta and stamina in that game as a winger. If he can consistently apply that type of Game as a midfielder, he would be good to go.

What worries me is his decition making, he seem to have zero confidence in him and whatever he does goes to shit.

What i want of him is to see first and foremost, sacrifice and he is very good as that because he always gives his all. After that, i would like him to try more his passing game, and last but not least, i want him to return to his first season shooting form, when every ball he kicked had a purpouse. Now he is always in tight positions and gets hasty as fuck to kick the ball into the stands.

Maybe as a midfielder he will have more time to aim his shots instead of being always rushed with the defenders in his face when he plays as forward.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Cms are supposed to keep the ball well and not lose it cheaply or constantly like berna does eveytime he plays so not sure what makes everyone think he's going to great here but this is last excuse out the window.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Cms are supposed to keep the ball well and not lose it cheaply or constantly like berna does eveytime he plays so not sure what makes everyone think he's going to great here but this is last excuse out the window.
Matuidi keeps the ball very well. He actually looses almost everytime. He complicates even 2 meter passes.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
The exact reason why people want him out of the midfield tho isnt it ?
Berna is not intelligent enough to be played Trequartista. That's why moving him to midfield makes perfect sense. It's not like no one expects Matuidi or Benta to have 10 assists and 5 goals per season.
lol as if Sarri bothered learning to read English.
His assistant knows english :p

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
But when you're an attacker, you have more responsibility to produce something, so you go for harder moves. And Berna has shown recently that he's incapable of these moves.

Now if you play him deeper and take that responsibility from him, can he just pass sideways like Matuidi? I mean, I hope so. Otherwise lol.

I think what he offers that's different from our other options is the ability to take space with the ball. To dribble out of our own 3rd like his Fiorentina days when there was more room to run.

I hope Sarri is telling him, "Look, just forget about goals and assists right now. Just run your ass off and when you pinch a ball and you have room, burst it forward and then pass sideways to Ronaldo. If the ball is already ahead of you, use your legs to get into the box and see what happens."

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hope Sarri is telling him, "Look, just forget about goals and assists right now. Just run your ass off and when you pinch a ball and you have room, burst it forward and then pass sideways to Ronaldo. If the ball is already ahead of you, use your legs to get into the box and see what happens."
He's literally just done it, the absolute madman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)