s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
With Costa coming back surely bernadeschi gets benched again and Sarri reverts back to a front 3 right?
sarri said the other day that neither cr or dybala is a true cf, so they aren't suited to 4-3-3. he also said that costa played trequartista before at shakhtar, and he'll be trained to play in that position with juve too. bottom line is that diamond is here to stay.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
His best attributes are his workrate, strength, ball control and ball shielding. He doesn’t have the end product of an attacking mid, but he does have the qualities of a potential centre mid.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He is crap, his best match ever was against Atletico at home last season but you see that he cant hold that level for many matches as he isnt a worldclass player.
The issue being here isnt that he is not a world class player. The issue is that he isnt good enough to start here or at any of the big teams. Yet he starts because Sarri evaluated we can only play 4312, despite having no attacking midfielder among our first team players and then stubbornly forcing Bernadeschi in a role he has no required skill set for. Consequently he sticks out like a sore thumb and gets lambasted every week for being absolutely horrendous.

- - - Updated - - -

How can someone play as attacking midfielder when 99% of times he makes the wrong decision, doesnt have an eye for a pass, cant shoot, etc? Im puzzled wtf is going on here, in our training grounds, dressing room?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He looks gassed. Out of Breath and thus without composure when he finally touches the ball.
Fitness issue or the role asking too much of him? I refuse to believe he suddenly forgot how to play.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i still suspect some family reasons behind his long dip in form. he's been consistently terrible since his kid was born. as a father i can certainly relate to that: proper sleep is the last thing the parents get in the first couple of months after the kid is born. he's obviously not a world class player, but even more obviously not that useless piece of dead weight he looked all season. his decision making never was his best attribute, but the way he screws up basically every single decision he faces lately is just out of the ordinary.

in his first season here, he averaged a goal or an assist every ~80 minutes and has been a useful impact sub along with costa. now he's literally our worst player. you simply don't forget how to play football in two years when you're 25.

Apr 17, 2013
@Mark I know it's been a week since he left us, the emotion is still present, but it would be well to go ahead and moove his topic to the rookie section or Legend (maybe it would be good to organize a poll ?).

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i still suspect some family reasons behind his long dip in form. he's been consistently terrible since his kid was born. as a father i can certainly relate to that: proper sleep is the last thing the parents get in the first couple of months after the kid is born. he's obviously not a world class player, but even more obviously not that useless piece of dead weight he looked all season. his decision making never was his best attribute, but the way he screws up basically every single decision he faces lately is just out of the ordinary.

in his first season here, he averaged a goal or an assist every ~80 minutes and has been a useful impact sub along with costa. now he's literally our worst player. you simply don't forget how to play football in two years when you're 25.
I'm also a father and about to have our second child. I would be inclined to think that someone playing at the elite level he is can get away with requesting sleep. Don't get me wrong I'm always helping out my wife and making sure it is shared but if I was playing juve earning the money he is and if it as impacting my performances then getting a nanny to look after children at night would be the first thing is be doing to make sure I get into form again.

His first season was very good...I was a big fan and couldn't work out why he didn't start. Now he is just in all sorts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)