duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Too many games, that's the only I can see why we r using him as starter... once we get the entire squad fit he would be in bench as a rotational player as he should

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I'd even have Ozil in his current unmotivated, semi-retired state over Berna behind the strikers. He's lazy and disappears but at least you know you'll get good vision, fluidity and creativity from him there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not a good player?
No, worse than that. He has the reputation of a good player, the minutes, he looks like he's a good player on the ball, he has a bit of flair, he's powerful and athletic, his left foot is strong and can pass, cross or shoot, any variation....

But put him in a game and watch it fail over and over, he just doesn't have any composure when it comes to that last cold pass or shot. This isn't just the odd game or a few it's the majority of games. You can look at stats and it's plainly obvious - 8 to 10 G&A per season doesn't cut it playing AM for Juventus. Sarri can see this, which is why he has already spoken about moving him further back into midfield. An AM who usually can't find the final pass or a good shot is not going to keep playing in that role forever, but for now with Ramsey's random fitness he has to play.

He's 25 years old now and isn't any better than the player who we signed, in fact he scores less goals, and he's moving away from being a genuine attacking player. Maybe we'll see a positional evolution like Marchisio where he ends up being a top level mezz'ala playing from either side, but he'll still needs to improve how clinical he is to excel in this role.

I'm not sure about anyone else but he always looks to me like he's trying too hard and rushes everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)