The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
4 pages of praise, this thread needs a sour post.

Couldn't we get Berardi for half this money? ;)

Seriously though, good signing but I think we should've gone for Berardi and Bernardeschi in this team.
Berardi will not be sold that cheap. The myth of 25mln was based on a story we have some kind of an agreement with Sassuolo. Neroverdi sold Defrel for 25mln recently. For Mimmo they will demand at least 35.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't mind the signing. Just worried about Dybala at the moment.

I can see the following...... Real Madrid sell Morata and maybe buy Mbappe or try for Dybala
Barca sell Neymar to PSG and maybe try and buy Dybala.
I really hope we can keep him for at least 2-3 more years.

Maybe the Berna transaction is also about grooming him to be on par with Dybala for when he leaves next year.
After the Bonucci sale, if we sell Dybala too, the mercato becomes an automatic 0!

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
4 pages of praise, this thread needs a sour post.

Couldn't we get Berardi for half this money? ;)

Seriously though, good signing but I think we should've gone for Berardi and Bernardeschi in this team.
Next year. Funded with the Dybala money.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Okay I'm hyped now.

We have a potentially devastating attack next season.

Berna-Dybi-Doug
------Higgy

Whoa... That will truly hard to defend against. I hope we start seeing more 4-0 like scorelines for Juve.

Between him and Costa, who'll play left and who'll play right?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think Douglas is the better player. Moreover, we paid only 6mln for him ;).
We'll see. I'm not a fan of Costa, he looks like a bad fit. But paradoxically that might make him a good fit, as in he is a different taste to our usually more functional type of players. The anti- Mandzukic maybe.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Our forward line looks rather decent at this point.

Now I hope for a quality mid and a good RB :xfinger: eventhough I still think De Sciglio will be starting.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Our forward line looks rather decent at this point.

Now I hope for a quality mid and a good RB :xfinger: eventhough I still think De Sciglio will be starting.
Yeah it gives us a lot of options, even without Dybala and Mandzukic for example. We had no options the past season. We could go for an all out wing attack for example.

Buffon
Barzagli Rugani Chiellini
Cuadrado Marchisio Pjanic Sandro
Costa Higuain Bernardeschi

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah it gives us a lot of options, even without Dybala and Mandzukic for example. We had no options the past season. We could go for an all out wing attack for example.

Buffon
Barzagli Rugani Chiellini
Cuadrado Marchisio Pjanic Sandro
Costa Higuain Bernardeschi
A bit odd to quote myself, but it got me thinking.
If we bring back Spinazzola as backup. Our team might be more suited to a variation of 3-4-3 rather than the current 4-2-3-1. I think it would help us with the lack of physique in the middle, as their would be more bodies there.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Welcome, Federico!

I think he will play on the left and Costa on the right. They can always swap which is great.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A bit odd to quote myself, but it got me thinking.
If we bring back Spinazzola as backup. Our team might be more suited to a variation of 3-4-3 rather than the current 4-2-3-1. I think it would help us with the lack of physique in the middle, as their would be more bodies there.
Not buying a 3-4-3 at all, means Dybala/Higuain are benched or badly out of position and we have to drop one of Dybala/Costa/Berna

As a plan B or rotation option, fine.

But that would leave us absolutely threadbare on the bench. We'd have 1 CB option and all of our wide players bar Pjaca would be on at once.

In fact, i'd say 3-4-3 would be a terrible idea with the squad we have. Not to mention playing a back 3 without Bonucci is shit, his ball playing skills were the only reason we never got pressed into oblivion.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
Welcome Federico! A good transfer for future, I think he might have I repeat might have a first not so great season here and see his maximum potential in like 2-3 years, at least this is how I see te things now , now he can easily transform in a flop or hopefully in a beast as he got the right mates to play in attack , meanwhile I expect douglas costa to have a better impact in first season and then slowly regress and fade away , but that's just theories, as for the similarities with baggio, the only similarity is that he comes from fioentina and probably will end up at milan at 29-30 :p , on serious note he has some "baggio" flair, but can't be compared with roberto, fiorentina baggio was already in a different league compared with berna , but for now he might be considered as an important player,and I think he can be a very good player for us.Btw will he get number 10 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)