s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What has happened to this guy? Some might say he was never great but he was still miles better than this display.

Dude is on shit form, he knows it, and is trying to force things. Someone needs to help him get out of his own head.
he's being played by his coach, so he has no choice. the coach has no other choice either: costa is injured, so we're forced to play 4-3-1-2, but ramsey is also out, so it's either berna or bentancur for the trequartista position. sarri only tried bentancur once as a tq, and he was so brilliant that maurice moved him back to mezz'ala after like 50 minutes.

sarri knows that berna is in shit form, but still, his workrate keeps berna on the pitch. he's useful for the pressing, useless with the ball, which is unusual for a player who made his career so far by dribbling, assisting and scoring. his contribution off the ball probably outweights his current sturaroesque skills. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Imagine if he came out as transgender last season. He would have utterly dominated the women’s World Cup like no one else ever has before. He’d dribble past the entire USWNT and nutmeg Rapinoe in the process before scoring the winner for Italy in the final.

His confidence would have been sky high for this season.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Imagine if he came out as transgender last season. He would have utterly dominated the women’s World Cup like no one else ever has before. He’d dribble past the entire USWNT and nutmeg Rapinoe in the process before scoring the winner for Italy in the final.

His confidence would have been sky high for this season.
He would still shoot at defenders legs regardless and miss easy chances.
Kinda reminds me of iturbe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The reason to why I mentioned Matuidi is because he is a player fundamentally limited by his own (lack of) technical ability. There is no amount of hard work in the world that can compensate for the fact that he lacks natural control of a football.

Bernardeschi’s issues are different. He’s comfortable with the ball at his feet, but his decision making is suspect. IMO that is a more fixable problem.

Against Atletico, Berna assisted the 1-0 with a brilliant cross and created the penalty for the 3-0 with an amazing dribble.
I’d much rather see Juve lineup with Matuidi on the pitch. Although he is a tad limited he knows what his limits are and he’s one of our best midfielders whether you like it or not. We look a much poorer side without Matuidi.

As you can see from the video below Bernadeshit is unaware of his limitations (close control, dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting, decision making) and does them anyway.

very sad display. i wonder whether sarri can resurrect him too. :seven:

Jun 6, 2015
I can’t help but think of a Mousa Dembele (that old Tottenham and Belgium midfielder).

He was a left-footed physically imposing player (like Berna) who was comfortable with the ball at his feet but had poor end product (like Berna). Then Pochettino moved him from winger to central midfielder and became one of the very best CMs in the Premier League at his peak.

He was a player who did not hit his stride until he was about 27-28.
Not that it's really that relevant to your point, but the positional shift already happened when Dembele was at Fulham. Martin Jol was the coach who changed Dembele's position if I'm not mistaken. Tottenham bought him as a central midfielder.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Bernardeschi’s weakness has always been finishing. His passing, ball control, and dribbling are better than he’s shown so far this season. A permanent move to the midfield is the best option. I think it’s all mental with him. He’s pressing.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I think he would be shit, wherever you place him. He cant pick a pass, cant shoot, cant dribble, cant tackle... Why does he play as much? Injuries or no injuries field anyone else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)