kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
This topic is the new Marco 'The Escape Goat' Motta thread.
The only difference is that Marco mota would score on an empty net.
This guy had only 2 great games in 3 years. One against Atletico and one against Fiorentina. It's to little and for his price tag a joke. It's as if he isn't even trying anymore.
Meanwhile manbro has been relegated to God knows where. :(
I never sweared at a juve player this much since de ceglie.

I even said this before the match.

I see that bernardeschi keeps getting chances to disappoint. Too bad Ramsey isn't recovered yet.
I hope to be proven wrong for once.

He really proved me wrong didn't he. Loan him to sassuolo so he can become the new berardi.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The only difference is that Marco mota would score on an empty net.
This guy had only 2 great games in 3 years. One against Atletico and one against Fiorentina. It's to little and for his price tag a joke. It's as if he isn't even trying anymore.
Meanwhile manbro has been relegated to God knows where. :(
I never sweared at a juve player this much since de ceglie.

I even said this before the match.
He really is just terrible, I don't know why we ever wasted money on him. It's his third season here, each year he has got progressively worse to the point that he no longer carries even a faint threat. Even the 2 games he has played well in I've considered his performance nothing more than average. He's not a winger - he's not fast or skilful enough and he can't cross. He's not a midfielder - he's not technical enough & cant tackle. He's definitely not a forward - his touch is too poor and he can't finish. What is he?

Can't believe Barca came in for him and even more ridiculously we didn't snap their hands off

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
He really is just terrible, I don't know why we ever wasted money on him. It's his third season here, each year he has got progressively worse to the point that he no longer carries even a faint threat. Even the 2 games he has played well in I've considered his performance nothing more than average. He's not a winger - he's not fast or skilful enough and he can't cross. He's not a midfielder - he's not technical enough & cant tackle. He's definitely not a forward - his touch is too poor and he can't finish. What is he?

Can't believe Barca came in for him and even more ridiculously we didn't snap their hands off
I just felt sad for Allegri, to deal with him, Can & Matuidi at one season ....

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There are two deep flaws with us insisting on Berna.
-A. He is not an AMF, he is a secondary striker, he can't play as a full fledged forward , because he doesn't have a good shoot, despite the dribbling and decent pace, can't play as a winger, because he can't defend at all. He can play a supportive role as a distraction.
Berna obviously lacks the necessary vision and tactical awareness to create chances, he is only great at being him self at the right spot, but even if he does, he can only be an empty toothless threat...
As a team we like cohesion and a man to link out midfield with our front line, like Pjanic links the back with the middle. It is not Berna's fault that we have failed to get such a replacement for 4-5 years and the best we can do is crippled Ramsey.
-B. He is not even Juve material to begin with.
He was very impressive with Fiorentina, his quality was really shining among mediocre players and he looked great on every appointed role, but in a team like Juve, this doesn't means much.
Fiorentina always plays hard ball with us, like they do with Chiesa now and we had a tendency to overpay every single time. We paid extra beware we were in a desperate hunt for decent young and Italian players and the only credentials we needed was U21 caps. So after paying a fortune,(40mil) the expectations were high for him.
But most of those players don't deliver at the highest levels .
We just never learn...

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
There are two deep flaws with us insisting on Berna.
-A. He is not an AMF, he is a secondary striker, he can't play as a full fledged forward , because he doesn't have a good shoot, despite the dribbling and decent pace, can't play as a winger, because he can't defend at all. He can play a supportive role as a distraction.
Berna obviously lacks the necessary vision and tactical awareness to create chances, he is only great at being him self at the right spot, but even if he does, he can only be an empty toothless threat...
As a team we like cohesion and a man to link out midfield with our front line, like Pjanic links the back with the middle. It is not Berna's fault that we have failed to get such a replacement for 4-5 years and the best we can do is crippled Ramsey.
-B. He is not even Juve material to begin with.
He was very impressive with Fiorentina, his quality was really shining among mediocre players and he looked great on every appointed role, but in a team like Juve, this doesn't means much.
Fiorentina always plays hard ball with us, like they do with Chiesa now and we had a tendency to overpay every single time. We paid extra beware we were in a desperate hunt for decent young and Italian players and the only credentials we needed was U21 caps. So after paying a fortune,(40mil) the expectations were high for him.
But most of those players don't deliver at the highest levels .
We just never learn...
I am starting to think he's a bench material at most. While playing for us he's been just average. He isn't good in any aspect of the game apart from work rate. Probably even below average when it comes to decision making and finishing scoring opportunities. Still, I hope he can improve his weaknesses but it's probably very unlikely.

When Douglas and Ramsey are back Federico will have to go back to getting subbed on at the 88th minute.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The reason to why I refuse to completely give up on Bernardeschi is because I still think there’s a good player in there somewhere.

He scored 14 goals for Fiorentina in one season. That’s why we paid 40m for him. For Juve he‘s been sporadic and inconsistent, but at his best he’s brilliant. Never forget that game against Atletico where he looked unstoppable.

There’s a very obvious difference that sets Berna apart from the likes of Sturaro or even Matuidi. Those players are severely limited by a complete lack of talent and inability to control a football. Bernardeschi’s problems are psychological, which can be fixed much easier.

The first thing he needs to do is lose weight though.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The reason to why I refuse to completely give up on Bernardeschi is because I still think there’s a good player in there somewhere.

He scored 14 goals for Fiorentina in one season. That’s why we paid 40m for him. For Juve he‘s been sporadic and inconsistent, but at his best he’s brilliant. Never forget that game against Atletico where he looked unstoppable.

There’s a very obvious difference that sets Berna apart from the likes of Sturaro or even Matuidi. Those players are severely limited by a complete lack of talent and inability to control a football. Bernardeschi’s problems are psychological, which can be fixed much easier.

Decision making and ball-hogging can't be easily fixed

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Decision making and ball-hogging can't be easily fixed
I can’t help but think of a Mousa Dembele (that old Tottenham and Belgium midfielder).

He was a left-footed physically imposing player (like Berna) who was comfortable with the ball at his feet but had poor end product (like Berna). Then Pochettino moved him from winger to central midfielder and became one of the very best CMs in the Premier League at his peak.

He was a player who did not hit his stride until he was about 27-28.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Still useful to have in the squad but clealry not a starter. Costa ramsey and dybala all a head as the creative options in that final third. Ut why cant bernadewchi be a sub? Over ciritisms aside he is good enough to be the squad.

We have an issue right now...Costa and ramsey can't be relied on due to being injury prone. Dybala can play a creative role but is better suited to a more advanced role. Bernardeschi and Bentancur in that hole behind the forwards are just not good enough in that role.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

He was a one hit wonder at Fiorentina - so many players have had one good season.

That’s quite insulting to Matuidi, who is x3 the player Berna will ever be. Matuidi is actually good at his role whereas Berna is incapable of any role he’s given.

Even the game against Atletico, what did he actually do that was so outstanding? I don’t consider a goal or an assist from a player playing in the final third as particularly phenomenal. Ronaldo was unstoppable in that game, not Berna. Berna had an 8/10 game which is good not great.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think the pressure gets to him . He just can't perform day in day out in a stressful environment. At Fiorentina he never had these expectations. He was a sure starter regardless of his performance.
In juve he knows he always has to perform which in turn puts pressure on your decision making.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
He was a one hit wonder at Fiorentina - so many players have had one good season.

That’s quite insulting to Matuidi, who is x3 the player Berna will ever be. Matuidi is actually good at his role whereas Berna is incapable of any role he’s given.

Even the game against Atletico, what did he actually do that was so outstanding? I don’t consider a goal or an assist from a player playing in the final third as particularly phenomenal. Ronaldo was unstoppable in that game, not Berna. Berna had an 8/10 game which is good not great.
The reason to why I mentioned Matuidi is because he is a player fundamentally limited by his own (lack of) technical ability. There is no amount of hard work in the world that can compensate for the fact that he lacks natural control of a football.

Bernardeschi’s issues are different. He’s comfortable with the ball at his feet, but his decision making is suspect. IMO that is a more fixable problem.

Against Atletico, Berna assisted the 1-0 with a brilliant cross and created the penalty for the 3-0 with an amazing dribble.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I was really against his move to Juve, I talked trash from the very beginning and his current form is bad but Berna isn't as bad as many here are trying to make out.

Some bench and a couple of late subs with some random goal or assist it would help him. I also think we should try B2B with him and see how it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)