Federico Bernardeschi - AM RLC - Fiorentina (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Wut?!?!?!
There are so many holes in that argument I am not even sure where to begin :D

Higuain is a fine player for a certain level of expectations. What he has never been, is not and will never be, however, is a leader i.e. a player for the big scene, the big games.
The whole reason why Juve paid those moneys for a 29 yo player was namely those big-stage moments, so not entirely sure what makes you consider that transfer an example of Juve/Marotta hitting the mark.
Goals against Monaco, Lyon, Napoli, Fiorentina, Roma, Torino, Lazio suggest otherwise.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Wut?!?!?!
There are so many holes in that argument I am not even sure where to begin :D

Higuain is a fine player for a certain level of expectations. What he has never been, is not and will never be, however, is a leader i.e. a player for the big scene, the big games.
The whole reason why Juve paid those moneys for a 29 yo player was namely those big-stage moments, so not entirely sure what makes you consider that transfer an example of Juve/Marotta hitting the mark.
Main point I was trying to make was that Bonucci is not someone you just know will be great anywhere.

It will be very interesting to see how he'll fare at Milan. It may work out really well, it may end up being a total fiasco. Or somewhere inbetween.

This is true for most players of course, and we're taking a gamble with Berna as well. But some players in football offer certain guarantees, and in my opinion - and this is why I brought up Higuain as an example - he is one of them. You just know that you're getting tons of goals.

As for Higuain being brought in for the "big-stage moments", I believe that was more of a fan expectation than a calculation by the club. He has choked so many times during big moments that I don't think the club looked to him as the one to step up in such occasions. I'm sure there was hope that he would, but I'm positive that the main reason he was brought in was to be a goal guarantor season after season across all tournaments (particularly in the Serie-A).

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Real getting cash to get Mbappe from the sells of two bench players (Morata 80-85m, Danilo 30-35m), while we cant get Bernardeschi from the sale of our best defender. :cry:

Jul 21, 2006
Let him enjoy it until they get a transfer ban...or worse. :klin:
Indeed, and apart from that I am in Hong Kong and lately Chinese gov't press are cristicizing 'irrational offshore investment' and naming Suning (the Chinese co that basically bought Inter). And the Zhejiang consortium that bought AC Milan was also being mentioned among those being audited.

Dont think anything will happen to them this year, but those Chinese money wouldnt be there forever that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)