Federico “Maurice” Cherubini (35 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Doing an awesome job so far. All three acquisitions are promising young players on great deals.

I'm a bit disappointed about the LB situation but I imagine that is more to lack of funds than anyone rating Sandro and Pellegrini.

Don't blame him for Arthur and Ramsey still being here because nobody is ever going to buy either of them.

If what Italiacalcio10 says is true, and we will be rich come next summer, I really can't wait to see what Cherubini can do when he actually has money to spend.

Also glad we didn't cave, panic and bring back an overpaid, over the hill Pjanic when it seemed like the Locatelli deal was slowing down. Was the right decision to keeppatient, keep their nerve and wear Sassuolo down with meetings.

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
He doesn't need many meetings if he want. He was pretty sure in the end he would get loca so no need to rush to get best deal.
Kean deal in 2 days and get 2 years free loan (again) and obligation for just 20M? Thats a good start to be juve DS

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
75m from Ronaldo exit. Simply buying backup striker and calling it mercato chiuso would be very underwhelming.

Not much time left but needs to upgrade at least one if not two of LW/LM, LB, and regista/CDM.

- - - Updated - - -

Also glad we didn't cave, panic and bring back an overpaid, over the hill Pjanic when it seemed like the Locatelli deal was slowing down.
Lol

You guys panicked big time with Locatelli didn't you, lmao

Let me guess, #CherubiniOut was trending

Need to revisit Pjanic thread for the lolz. Saw certain posters drooling over signing him for free not too long ago, still saying better than Arthur lol.

Last edited:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What a deal maker this guy is, I'm impressed so far considering the circumstances. Could you imagine what it'll be like once this guy actually has some financial power to move around with??

:weee: :weee: :weee:
Imo we need to calm down a bit with the praises.

Still too early to praise him or criticize him. Very small sample size plus we are yet to see how the new signings will turn out.

Loads of people were jerking off to Tici's mercato last summer. The usual suspects banging on about how he reduced 'average age' of the squad and all that jazz.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

Still too early to praise him or criticize him. Very small sample size plus we are yet to see how the new signings will turn out.

Loads of people were jerking off to Tici's mercato last summer. The usual suspects banging on about how he reduced 'average age' of the squad and all that jazz.
Good point. Y’all just chill.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Speaking purely of the pricing and structure of the deals of course

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

the jesus

Jun 10, 2009
New mgm, but still the same useless BS. I understand that CR7 leaving this late put them in a bad position, but Kean as the only new player after losing CR7 and the shit we’ve seen in the league this far? What a complete and utter shitshow.

Jun 16, 2020
Far, far from impressed by everything Cherubini has shown so far.

The most positive thing is Locatelli, by far. Good deal financially, it took a bit of time but it was worth it. I consider Ihattaren as a good deal aswel, he’s regarded as a great talent who after the loss of his father quite recently, seemed to had his struggles mentally. For the price and risk I think we made a great deal. Kaio Jorge is impossible to judge, but young and cheap so I’ll see this as something positive. I’m happy with Kean to altough I think that we overpaid a bit.

Then Ronaldo as it’s a different case. I’ve been neutral on his departure all summer as I wanted to see who’d replace him. The timing has been horrible, accepting a financial loss even more. Basically there are only financial advantages now.

What really bothers me the most, is that we ignored our midfielders again. So many urgent sells; Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentancur, Bernardeschi and we failed to find a solution for all of them. Add De Sciglio and Rugani to the mix you just know we’ll face the same struggles again. Vicious circle

Rugani who couldn’t impress in France and at Cagliari replaced Demiral. No immediate financial benefits, and after Romero it’s a embarrassment to be honest. I can’t understand it.

The defense didn’t improve, midfield has something extra with Loca, but far from what it should be while having 4 talented midfielders out on loan (Rovella, Fagioli, Ranocchia, Ihattaren), attack downgraded, Ronaldo is superior to Kean.

And if it wasn’t for Pellegrini saying no to a loan, De Sciglio would be Sandro’s replacement. Incredible that we have to witness that in 21/22.

Last edited:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Far, far from impressed by everything Cherubini has shown so far.

The most positive thing is Locatelli, by far. Good deal financially, it took a bit of time but it was worth it. I consider Ihattaren as a good deal aswel, he’s regarded as a great talent who after the loss of his father quite recently, seemed to had his struggles mentally. For the price and risk I think we made a great deal. Kaio Jorge is impossible to judge, but young and cheap so I’ll see this as something positive. I’m happy with Kean to altough I think that we overpaid a bit.

Then Ronaldo as it’s a different case. I’ve been neutral on his departure all summer as I wanted to see who’d replace him. The timing has been horrible, accepting a financial loss even more. Basically there are only financial advantages now.

What really bothers me the most, is that we ignored our midfielders again. So many urgent sells; Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentancur, Bernardeschi and we failed to find a solution for all of them. Add De Sciglio and Rugani to the mix you just know we’ll face the same struggles again. Vicious circle

Rugani who couldn’t impress in France and at Cagliari replaced Demiral. No immediate financial benefits, and after Romero it’s a embarrassment to be honest. I can’t understand it.

The defense didn’t improve, midfield has something extra with Loca, but far from what it should be while having 4 talented midfielders out on loan (Rovella, Fagioli, Ranocchia, Ihattaren), attack downgraded, Ronaldo is superior to Kean.

And if it wasn’t for Pellegrini saying no to a loan, De Sciglio would be Sandro’s replacement. Incredible that we have to witness that in 21/22.
:agree:

This mercato almost passed but we hardly improved and given the state of the team Allegri must become a miracle worker if we want anything from this season.

Also, Allegri is our biggest signing this mercato, I just hope he'll find a way to bring back the mentality and get the best out of the team, like he used to.

If we put everything into perspective, this was inevitable, it was about time to pay for all those bad decisions we (lord) made earlier. We can only hope that we will somehow recover financially and will be able to get rid of at least of a few deadweights we have in the future.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
In what world can Cherubini be at fault for not finding a solution for Ramsey and the like?

He did not make any of those deals, there are absolutely no clubs interested in those players and the only thing he could have done is take a major loss on them, same thing he is criticized for Ronaldo's transfer.

You think he would not like to swap out garbage for an amazing midfielder somewhere?

We cannot afford to get players on top of current ones, we need to ride it out and hope either our garbage starts looking decent under Allegri and someone wants them or they become less of a burden over the years and we can take a smaller loss on them.

This is what I kept telling people who wanted to get rid of CR at all costs because he is too expensive - with or without him Juve does not have money. 5-10 players who earn combined what Ronaldo did are a much bigger problem than he ever was.

This is a new cycle, Cherubini cannot be judged for two additional summers at least. We will be limited to 1-2 players per mercato until this mess gets cleared up. And the solution is not to get new players on top of current ones because you are going in circles then and would need to sell Chiesa or De Ligt to cover for that because guess what - nobody will touch our garbage.

Sure, we might end up selling them anyways if a crazy offer comes, but at least we do not have to sell them under price because of other issues now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)