Fabio Quagliarella (21 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What needs to happen is some kind of way in which a player can be released, if a side is willing to pay a portion of his remaining contract. Let's say Quags is still owed 5 mil over two years... well we could release him for 2.5 million. The same could have been done with Iaquinta. You wouldn't want to do so with any player there was a chance of receiving a transfer fee for, but any player who was refusing to move, it would sure be nice. It's a joke that a player can continually refuse transfers, especially within the league.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
hey, please, look at me! give me some attention!
:D ;)

Today our man turns 31!
His birthday already passed.

- - - Updated - - -

He's not "officially" frozen out like :beppe: said but I guess he probably is.

:p
I think Beppe was pretty up front about the situation, as he normally always is. It seems like they informed the player he wouldn't be playing the EL as a result of this, and Quag seemingly took the hit. Just read on TJ that theres no problem between the player and team/coach as it was discussed in advance, which is actually pretty fair of the club if that is the case. Marrotta did say there was no reason to freeze him out of the squad, and i think id agree with that. He also addressed the agent's words, so i think he said it like it is. If this flu thing is an excuse or otherwise, i think we'll know by the weekend pretty much or if not this weekend, next match day for sure.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Matri added much more to the general team play and making space for others than Quags does, whereas Quags is much better off the bench offering the chance of a much-needed goal. To me they were about equal, but we got a good offer for Matri, so I was happy with selling him.

Quags should have left this window though. We're basically accepting now that we're going to get peanuts for him in the summer. He talks about being respected by the club, but the reverse is true also. The club that brought you in, paid you a good salary, and played you in quite a number of important matches, and overlooked some of your antics, is wanting to move forward, so gracefully move on. His agent clamours on about respect, but Quags is showing the club no respect at all by refusing to move.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Matri added much more to the general team play and making space for others than Quags does, whereas Quags is much better off the bench offering the chance of a much-needed goal. To me they were about equal, but we got a good offer for Matri, so I was happy with selling him.

Quags should have left this window though. We're basically accepting now that we're going to get peanuts for him in the summer. He talks about being respected by the club, but the reverse is true also. The club that brought you in, paid you a good salary, and played you in quite a number of important matches, and overlooked some of your antics, is wanting to move forward, so gracefully move on. His agent clamours on about respect, but Quags is showing the club no respect at all by refusing to move.
His agent spoke about the lack of respect, not him. And i think even then, Quag has also given the club a fair contribution too. Right now though, people are making him out to be Amauri. The truth, or rather, the sad truth is, that 95% of the people on the forum hitting out at his decision not to move mid season, would've done the exact same thing. Waited for the paycheck and possibly winning another title, before moving on. Its a pretty reasonable thing to do under the contract. Ive said before, if he's willing to trade off almost certainly a WC berth and EL game time, then thats his loss.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His agent spoke about the lack of respect, not him. And i think even then, Quag has also given the club a fair contribution too. Right now though, people are making him out to be Amauri. The truth, or rather, the sad truth is, that 95% of the people on the forum hitting out at his decision not to move mid season, would've done the exact same thing. Waited for the paycheck and possibly winning another title, before moving on. Its a pretty reasonable thing to do under the contract. Ive said before, if he's willing to trade off almost certainly a WC berth and EL game time, then thats his loss.
I meant to say his agent, yes. Agents do talk %*$* all the time. So I suppose it's to be expected. I don't think his remaining here is the end of the world, yet tell your agent to keep his mouth shut. Quags has been much more important for us than an Iaquinta or Amauri, yet he is still behaving poorly. There really isn't any defense for his staying here and not playing at all. Sure it is his loss, but it is also the loss of the club having to pay his wages for another half-season, and watching his transfer value drop further and further.

ANd the other question no one has raised, is who's to say he will move on next transfer window? I'd say that it is iffy at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)