Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Damiao is still in Brazil? Poor fella, he has been been close to finally get out for 3 straight years now.
Not.good.enough

Tottenham or nipples didnt want to take the gamble on him and only teams that really want him are Southampton and Zenit. Nobody is convinced and his price is quite high too.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The applications out there, now is the time of assessment. Fabio Quagliarella has many offers from England but also from Qatar. Between Tuesday and Wednesday will come the official proposal at Al Gharafa, Doha club that is ready to put on the plate about 7 million Euros for the Juventus striker. Quagliarella would be ready for a three-year contract.
-GDM

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Likewise, although I'm pretty sure it'd be more tempting than going to Norwich or Southampton or Sunderland in England. His only real goal would be to get a call up for the Azzurri next year, and playing for those teams isn't going to improve his chances anymore than playing for Al Garafa to be honest.
Surprised at your lack of faith in Quag. If he were to score 20 PL goals with any team he'd definitely be in the thoughts of Prandelli for selection. On the other hand he could score a hat-trick every game for Al Garafa and he won't get a look in.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't think Prandelli will give him a look in. He didn't do it, even when Quag was in a good run of form mid season for us. I think Prandelli's selection for the world cup barring injury will be among the following, Balotelli, El Sharawaay, DiNatale (retiring?), Gilardino, Giovinco. And unless Gabbbiadini or Immobile show some signs of life this season, they may get a wild card entry. But that's really it. Quag won't be considered IMO. If he was in anyway part of the plan, he'd have got a look in, at least during the friendlies. Same applies to Matri IMO.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
When was Quag ever in any decent spell of form? I don't think 4-5 games count, I mean half a season or a season.

Don't forget Rossi. There is still a year, and Italy's strikers have not been settled under Prandelli.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't understand this half a season or full season expectation from a player who was 14th or 15th on the team roster in terms of minutes played. He could only be judged on a game to game basis and he probably didn't even start 5 games in a row to get that kind of continuity. The only way to have judged him is in the window before certain friendlies or qualifiers. But anyway.

Sure, Rossi is on that list. Might be too much for Cassano, but you never know. I don't know if we should count Diamanti/Cerci on the list too, but I'm pretty certain Diamanti will be on the squad. And sorry, I forgot Insigne. Far too much for Quag and Matri to overcome in the course of one season, given that they haven't featured in Prandelli's 2-3 year reign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)