Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It shows a lot about Matri's true standing in the world, that in Matri's greatest hour all his fanboys care about is Quagliarella.

Even when Matri deserves more attention than Quags for once in his loveable, but mediocre carreer, all eyes are on :chin:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It shows a lot about Matri's true standing in the world, that in Matri's greatest hour all his fanboys care about is Quagliarella.

Even when Matri deserves more attention than Quags for once in his loveable, but mediocre carreer, all eyes are on :chin:
Just here to rub it in bro.

Matri gets Juve to Coppa Final with brilliant display against Fiorentina...

Matri wins Juve's 10th coppa, and the silver star, after 20 year wait...

Matri saves Juve's unbeaten season and the first scudetto since 05/06, against both Milan 1-1, and Napoli 3-3...

Matri gets Juve 3-0 win away against Celtic in CL Rof16 first year back in CL...

Quags biggest Juve contribution... A goal away to Chelsea in first group stage match in 2012. A goal at home to Chelsea. That's it. That's about the total of Quags noteworthy contributions in a Juventus jersey. :rofl:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Matri saves Juve's unbeaten season and the first scudetto since 05/06, against both Milan 1-1, and Napoli 3-3...

Matri gets Juve 3-0 win away against Celtic in CL Rof16 first year back in CL...

Quags biggest Juve contribution... A goal away to Chelsea in first group stage match in 2012. That's it. That's about the total of Quags noteworthy contributions in a Juventus jersey. :rofl:

lol

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
WΏΏdy?;4943202 said:
You are one of those rare guys that on the eve of their sister's wedding, instead of celebrating you would rather yell in her husband's face about how you saw her naked back in childhood.
It's a joke.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
WΏΏdy?;4943202 said:
You are one of those rare guys that on the eve of their sister's wedding, instead of celebrating you would rather yell in her husband's face about how you saw her naked back in childhood.
:lol: I think he's just mad because he just realised that even Matri's better than Llorente.

So true. :D the raging debate.

Ownage.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Quags biggest Juve contribution... A goal away to Chelsea in first group stage match in 2012. A goal at home to Chelsea. That's it. That's about the total of Quags noteworthy contributions in a Juventus jersey. :rofl:
After today, Juventus goals:

31 - Matri
30 - Quagliarella

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

That dummy from Matri to create the space!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
They'd be good at someone like Torino, Quag drops off into space and Matri just plays around the box. Maybe an idea for next season.
The way serie a is these days, they'd be good at most teams, especially after their time together at Juve. It'p definitely has a positive effect on a player to experience a championship winning team in their career. Although, I wonder if Milan will sell him after the loan is completed. You can't say, seeing how that ship is steadying.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Proof that they were a devastating duo in their time. Miss the pairing.
Proof that they were a devastating duo in their time. Miss the pairing.
I'm just having fun fanning the flames of the Quags-Matri war... But this. So this. Conte should have given them more of a run together, especially during Vucinic's absences. Their qualities and attributes complement one another quite well, it's more that Conte never actually gave them a good run of games together to develop a great partnership. Especially that second scudetto season, and CL with Gio returning. I would have much rather seen both these guys play more often than the Gio crap.

Quags killed it in Europe for us... Matri killed it in Serie A. Look up his scoring record against Inter, Napoli, Milan, Fiorentina, Udinese, Lazio. It's crazy. He scored at a rate far better than his average against the top Serie A sides. Much like Quags scored at a fantastic rate in Europe compared to his Serie A average.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Tbh Vucinic was probably still the best option whenever he as available, even if he didn't show up for half of the matches. He was just great in connecting the midfield and the other striker, or laying it off to Vidal or Marchisio when they were doing one of their forward runs.

Playing Gio was a waste though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tbh Vucinic was probably still the best option whenever he as available, even if he didn't show up for half of the matches. He was just great in connecting the midfield and the other striker, or laying it off to Vidal or Marchisio when they were doing one of their forward runs.

Playing Gio was a waste though.
:agree:

I just think Matri-Quags up front as our Coppa Italia combo, and in the matches Vuci missed due to injury, as there were a few if I recall correctly... It could have developed into something really nice for us in those two years. Vuci-Quags, and Vuci-Matri were probably our best forward combos though. Conte playing Borriello so frequently in that first scudetto season after winter transfer was just cringeworthy. He was so terrible, he didn't score his first goal for us until April 25th. And then trying to play a Vucinic-Giovinco combo up front the next season was equally awful. Some of his forward choices were just ridiculous. Oh well. It all worked out in the end.

Nov 17, 2012
I'm just having fun fanning the flames of the Quags-Matri war... But this. So this. Conte should have given them more of a run together, especially during Vucinic's absences. Their qualities and attributes complement one another quite well, it's more that Conte never actually gave them a good run of games together to develop a great partnership. Especially that second scudetto season, and CL with Gio returning. I would have much rather seen both these guys play more often than the Gio crap.

Quags killed it in Europe for us... Matri killed it in Serie A. Look up his scoring record against Inter, Napoli, Milan, Fiorentina, Udinese, Lazio. It's crazy. He scored at a rate far better than his average against the top Serie A sides. Much like Quags scored at a fantastic rate in Europe compared to his Serie A average.
:agree: My feelings almost exact, though I think you're a bit harsh on Quags in Serie A. He did deliver for us in tight games, like that above goal vs Inter, or that double against Chievo a week after Carrera subbed him on to the Chelsea away leg. His back heel for us against Udine in his first year here.. It's not really fair to say Quag didn't deliver in the league, but after Conte's arrival, and even less so than Matri, he was never given the opportunity to find consistency and continuity. I agree I think Matri and Quag would've been quite the force if they had someone like Pereyra, Pepe, Pogba or Tevez in the whole behind them. Stupid thing is, I like Quagliarella more, obviously, but I've never disliked Matri, in fact I'd even say I like him and a fan of his. I'm just revolted by the ungrateful vitriol some here unfairly show the Il Chin.
:chin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)