Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Matri needs to be sold asap. He wasn't a starter last few seasons, and he definitely wont be with Tevez & Llorente on the team as well. If he stays this year, his price will drop drastically next year with the little amount of time that he will get this year, and he'll be year older.

To the fanboys - Yes, he's a decent player, had few nice goals, but he's not needed anymore. Its part of the business, no need to get emotional about it.

Did you see what i just did there?
I'd sell both if it were up to me. But the point stands that his price will drop a lot if he stays one more year to half of the current 10m Euros rumor. Your not looking at this economically. Vucinic will the first sub used by Conte, and then there is Gio...How many minutes do think he'll get with all those in front of him? Honestly? Is it worth keeping him for the last 10 minutes of some games? It will really be a waste not to cash in on him when he is clearly surplus to requirement.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I'd sell both if it were up to me. But the point stands that his price will drop a lot if he stays one more year to half of the current 10m Euros rumor. Your not looking at this economically. Vucinic will the first sub used by Conte, and then there is Gio...How many minutes do think he'll get with all those in front of him? Honestly? Is it worth keeping him for the last 10 minutes of some games? It will really be a waste not to cash in on him when he is clearly surplus to requirement.
Exactly.+REP

Moreover,he's contract is over in 2 years,so we'll be in a hurry to sell him next summer,and will not get more than 3-4M after a season with a very low ammount of minutes.
So the first to go MUST be Quag.i love him,but he won't get the minutes,and as Ramin said you can't waste that chance from economically point of view,take the 8-10M now,while you can.
If an offer of 12-15M arrives for Matri we should sell him as well IMO.

We'll do just fine with 4 forwards.no need to have a 5th striker who will play 2-3 games all season.(Bendtner/Anelka...)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think that only one will end up getting sold. We've no idea how Llorente, Tevez will turn out, Giovinco is hardly reliable and 4 guys for 2 positions is a bit thin in case injuries hit us. I'd rather keep Quag/Matri than watch us go panic shopping in January.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I doubt either one of them will be sold. Maybe one gets loaned out
That would be VERY stupid.and makes no sense.we have 6 forwards right now.1 or 2 must leave.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that only one will end up getting sold. We've no idea how Llorente, Tevez will turn out, Giovinco is hardly reliable and 4 guys for 2 positions is a bit thin in case injuries hit us. I'd rather keep Quag/Matri than watch us go panic shopping in January.
Conte likes Gio,and don't forget you have Pepe back as well,and if needed formation also could be changed.
If the right offers arrive we better sell both.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Conte likes Gio,and don't forget you have Pepe back as well,and if needed formation also could be changed.
If the right offers arrive we better sell both.
Conte likes Gio, but in the more important matches at the end of last season he didn't trust him, Matri and Quag were both favored when it came to deciding games. And whatever the formation, I think Conte's gonna stick to using two forwards, either it's 433 or 352 or some other, so Pepe's not exactly competing with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)