Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Seems like a long time ago, in a diffrent system, diffrent coach.

Matri, isnt the cf our system wants, but its the reserve it needs.
Really? A Batman reference? :D
I disagree even though I can see where you are coming from. Matri isn't a like for like replacement to Llorente neither is Quagliarella. So in the end it depends on what kind of players you like coming off the bench.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Matri actualy plays about the same as llorente does in style, but is ALOT less good in everything.

as in "he's also somewhat a targetman"

sell matri, and when llorente needs a rest, we get the fucking 2SS system again.
NO
tevez-matri is seriously good enough

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Matri actualy plays about the same as llorente does in style, but is ALOT less good in everything.

as in "he's also somewhat a targetman"

sell matri, and when llorente needs a rest, we get the fucking 2SS system again.
NO
tevez-matri is seriously good enough
Matri is about as much a target man as Giovinco or Quagliarella are. He's an of the shoulder poacher type player which is great for certain systems. Sadly not really ours (anymore).

That being said, I agree that he's more needed than Quag as a back up simply due to the fact that he occupies the space on the pitch that we need occupied so as to facilitate options for the support striker and midfielders.

The other simple reason we should sell Quagliarella before Matri is probably value. Matri is younger and has a longer contract so we have more time to recoup some investment on him.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Quags needs to be sold asap. He wasn't a starter last few seasons, and he definitely wont be with Tevez & Llorente on the team as well. If he stays this year, his price will drop drastically next year with the little amount of time that he will get this year, and he'll be year older.

To the fanboys - Yes, he's a decent player, had few nice goals, but he's not needed anymore. Its part of the business, no need to get emotional about it.

DST17

May 3, 2012
Matri is just a year younger than Quag. And the "space" that he occupies can be occupied by any other sort of wooden material. The only thing he really does is that - he is on the field and a defender is probably around him. What can Matri bring to the table when coming in as a sub in a tight game ? Absolutely nothing. And that's what we're talking about here. Who would be a better sub, because there's no way either of them would play as a starter. I would much rather have a unpredictable and explosive at times player like Quag in a tough match than Matree who in no way makes his presence known and is almost useless for the team.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Quags needs to be sold asap. He wasn't a starter last few seasons, and he definitely wont be with Tevez & Llorente on the team as well. If he stays this year, his price will drop drastically next year with the little amount of time that he will get this year, and he'll be year older.

To the fanboys - Yes, he's a decent player, had few nice goals, but he's not needed anymore. Its part of the business, no need to get emotional about it.
Matri needs to be sold asap. He wasn't a starter last few seasons, and he definitely wont be with Tevez & Llorente on the team as well. If he stays this year, his price will drop drastically next year with the little amount of time that he will get this year, and he'll be year older.

Did you see what i just did there?

Dec 31, 2008
Matri needs to be sold asap. He wasn't a starter last few seasons, and he definitely wont be with Tevez & Llorente on the team as well. If he stays this year, his price will drop drastically next year with the little amount of time that he will get this year, and he'll be year older.

Did you see what i just did there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)