• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
'The truth will out on Quaglia' Tuesday 31 August, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has promised to reveal the reasons why he sold Fabio Quagliarella to Juventus.

The move caused a great deal of shock last week, not least among Napoli supporters because Quagliarella was a hometown hero.

“By now Quagliarella is the past,” De Laurentiis said. “But someone will say their piece on this question in the next few weeks.

I am always thinking about the future, never about the past.”

When asked about how he left his relationship with Quagliarella, De Laurentiis told Sky Italia: “We left it with him going to Juventus.

“I think that feelings for someone come quickly or they don't come at all. Someone has said that in the next few weeks they'll say their piece on this question. As a man of cinema, I don't want to ruin the surprise,” he smiled. :shifty:

Fi
Apparently De Laurentiis thinks he is smarter than everyone else… Apparently

Well I will give him credit that he is smarter Marotta and anyone working for him. But I can tell you why they sold Quag –

Its because he fucking sucks balls. It doesn’t take a smart person like De Laurentiis to figure that out.

Face ass!

No wonder Dru loves him.
You're damn right

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Apparently De Laurentiis thinks he is smarter than everyone else… Apparently

Well I will give him credit that he is smarter Marotta and anyone working for him. But I can tell you why they sold Quag –

Its because he fucking sucks balls. It doesn’t take a smart person like De Laurentiis to figure that out.
:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Wait, who here said Quaggy was "so good"? Must have missed those posts.

You know, him possibly suiting us / our formation better than Diego, doesn't equate to him being excellent player. At least I don't think it does.
Lots of people. Just read the first few pages of his thread.

And I see you're a proponent of imposing a system on players who aren't suited for it. That's just ridiculous.

I never said Diego sucked, once you stop putting words in my mouth, I am ready to discuss with you.
You basically did. You said he can't be that good because no other club besides Wolfsburg wanted him.

Dance around the issue all you want -- your opinion is very shortsighted, but you are very much like the Barca fans you despise when it comes to critiquing Juventus.

The Oracle has spoken.

I don't really get what the point of your co-ownership and loan argument is, although I don't think you really appreciate how the co-ownership system works so that's not surprising. Quagliarella was loaned out between the ages of 19 and 21, shocker. Early in his Udinese career he was co-owned out to a smaller Serie A team, again very normal for how they operate, and he impressed enough for Sampdoria to purchase that half. This is where he grows as a player, goes on to play regularly for Udinese and then to Napoli who pay close to €18m in total for him. Look at that profit for Udinese! Now he is at Juventus. This is the story of dozens of players around Italy. We talk again and again about how the system works with young players and then you start trying to discredit Quagliarella as a player by saying he can't be good because he has been 'loaned and co-owned his whole career'. Only a minority of players in Serie A stay at their team when they have been bought at a young age.
I won't go over the flaws of the system with you again because you're too dumb to understand, frankly. I've made my case, you think loans and co-owns are great because it's the Italian way, good for you. You don't want your own football to grow, fine.

But my post was directed to JCK, not you. Jack didn't have an answer and that's not surprising.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know the flaws of the system very well oh mastermind, and in this case you are totally wrong because that scenario hasn't arisen for Quagliarella, his career has grown very well with it ;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's your biggest problem, Andy. You don't see a greyscale, it is either black or white. When I said Diego was not good enough, you translated that as "he sucks", when I said Quag can be a good support striker, you translated it as "Quag is world class". You just refuse to see in between the extremes and it makes discussing anything with you as annoying as it can get.

Diego and Quag are different players, I never rated Diego as high as you do and I don't think Quag is the answer to the forward problem but you just don't like such an opinion. You crave for giving "sucks" or "kicks ass" and when you don't see such an answer you rely on name calling.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Remember De Laurentiis signed him in the first place for a shedload of money, so Quagliarella can't be that bad or De Laurentiis that smart ;)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Remember De Laurentiis signed him in the first place for a shedload of money, so Quagliarella can't be that bad or De Laurentiis that smart ;)
Sorry buddy but its both

De Laurentiis is a dumb fuck (but then again so is our management) and Quag is really not that good. He is mediocre in the most optimal manner

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
De Laurentiis had some ''quantity over quality'' mercato himself in the summer of 09. They were spending some money, Real Madrid, Man City and Napoli had a summer of signing everything that moved. Napoli weren't signing anything great. They mostly got him because he is from Napoli and scores some nice looking goals. I can tell you if this guy was born in Palermo he would've never been a Napoli player and was in that fucked up Udinese squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)