Fabio Quagliarella - Thank you Napoli! (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2007
Andy, Andy, Andy, don't let your patriotism cloud your judgement. I really like reading your posts, and agree with most of your assessments regarding players, and your arguments which pertain to Juve; however, in this particular incident I beg to differ with your evaluation of the situation, and compeltely disagree with your classification of the current Italy crop as lacking talent (Chiellini, Santacroce, De Rossi, Marchisio, D'Agostino, Montolivo, Giovinco, Rossi, and Balotelli but to name a few).

I was born in Egypt, and both my parents are Egyptian, yet when I go back to visit my family, I don't feel as comfortable or as secure as I should. I have lived in Thailand for 8 years (this is my 2nd 4 year stint), and in more ways than one, I feel this is home, even though I have no Thai or Asian blood in me whatsoever. I know some Egyptians who moved to the US 25-30 years ago, but they still feel Egypt is their home, and where they belong. The point is, it doesn't matter where you grew up, or where your parents are from, but where your heart lies and where it is that you feel most comfortable.

If Rossi feels like he owes it to himself and his family to play for Italy, then kudos to that; if not, then that is an entirely different story altogether.
+ REP!

Right on, my man. Someone who knows what they are talking about.

Jan 7, 2007
Not necessarily. I'm not comparing the Gold Cup or anything in our region to the Euros or World Cup, but we do usually win top qualification and the Gold Cup from our region. We pretty much always win that. The way I see it, Italy won't win the World Cup or Euros any time soon. The talent isn't there. So he may not win anything.

But all of this is gloryhunting. If people don't "feel" like they want to participate in the culture or have no ideas of assimilation, they can head straight back to where they came from. My great great grandparents had to struggle and do so, made it happen, so there's no reason why this douche Rossi can't make it happen either.

I "feel" like a mama-mia-pizzaria-maker today. Ehhhh yo, pi-zano, whadduya say.... azzurri for me, EH?!
You follow the Azzurri, at all? Because you couldn't be more wrong about that you said. Look at their U21 lineup and tell me they "lack" talent. That's utter garbage & you know it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I dont think that Secco has the authority or the time to make a try for that move right now. He is stupid enough to overpay for such an overrated would-have-been.
Do not trust any kind of rumors, until the final decision for our new coach is made...
:agree:

Within the last couple of days, the Board said that it will be Cannavaro, (probably) Diego and then wait and see who the new coach is and what they want.

Jan 7, 2007
Very good player!!! Bravo Secco.

Quagliarella can play as an forward and as a winger. When 4-4-2 is sitting on a bench, but with a 4-2-3-1 (which is likely to be in the Juve Spalletti) he will be played on the right wing instead of Camoranesi because Argentinean is often the injuries. On the wing you must quickly run - Del Piero is slowly, and Marchionni not able to take the ball... WELCOME QUAG !! :)

We do not need any Dzeko - we have two high-attackers (I does not count Trezeguet). The third is not needed, especially in the 4-2-3-1, which probably we will to play.
It's not official yet, so let's not get too excited. It Trez does leave, then this is a good move. Like Iaquinta, Quag gets a bad rap of being overrated. The kid keeps getting Lippi's attention, so there is definitely something good happening there.

Still, I just consider this a rumor though. We sounded like we had Cassano gift wrapped to us not too long ago and now look :cry:

Diego Ribas

Nov 18, 2008
Quagliarella is another type of attacker so I can not judge it in comparison with Milito. It's as if a Compare Cassano and Trezeguet ...

And Arnautovic is a complete unknown player, footballer did not known, it is not known whether the check is in the Italian league. Shot only 12 goals in a weak league, and Quagliarella has the same number of goals + 8 in the UEFA Cup and gives assurances that he will check. Inter inventions players type Quaresma buys too much money, then they will not play well. Arnautovic to be the same, you see.

I also dream of Cassano, but I know that we can not afford to Antonio or Lavezzi. Therefore, I will rejoice with the representative of Italy - Quagliarella. :)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Quagliarella is another type of attacker so I can not judge it in comparison with Milito. It's as if a Compare Cassano and Trezeguet ...

And Arnautovic is a complete unknown player, footballer did not known, it is not known whether the check is in the Italian league. Shot only 12 goals in a weak league, and Quagliarella has the same number of goals + 8 in the UEFA Cup and gives assurances that he will check. Inter inventions players type Quaresma buys too much money, then they will not play well. Arnautovic to be the same, you see.

I also dream of Cassano, but I know that we can not afford to Antonio or Lavezzi. Therefore, I will rejoice with the representative of Italy - Quagliarella. :)
:wallbang:

Oh, give ma u f**ing break, we should sign him cuz he is Italian.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree:

Within the last couple of days, the Board said that it will be Cannavaro, (probably) Diego and then wait and see who the new coach is and what they want.
Well, be it Golden Boy Ciro I bet we go after some defenders then.:snoop:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Not nearly as bad as he is being made out to be. Regardless, I like our current group of strikers. If Spalletti becomes coach, or Trez leaves, than Ill take this rumour more seriously.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I agree.Quagliarella is a very good player,but not someone that we would need right now.Not because he isnt good enough,but we have enough attackers already.

Even if do get him,I'm sure someone will be offloaded.No team,and yes,not even Secco,would keep a strikeforce of Del Piero,Amauri,Iaquinta,Trezeguet and Quagliarella in his side.That's simply too much.

If we do get him after a striker is offloaded,i would welcome the move.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
I agree.Quagliarella is a very good player,but not someone that we would need right now.Not because he isnt good enough,but we have enough attackers already.

Even if do get him,I'm sure someone will be offloaded.No team,and yes,not even Secco,would keep a strikeforce of Del Piero,Amauri,Iaquinta,Trezeguet and Quagliarella in his side.That's simply too much.

If we do get him after a striker is offloaded,i would welcome the move.
:agree: I'd even say that now it's too much in attackers department and someone has to go to make place for a cheaper (mainly in wages) backup, a role which should suit Quagliarella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)