Fabio Quagliarella - Thank you Napoli! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juve prepare Fabio swoop
Wednesday 20 May, 2009

Juventus have stepped up their interest for Udinese ace Fabio Quagliarella as Inter threaten to move first.

The Old Lady will be looking to strengthen their striking line this summer with French international David Trezeguet expected to leave.

Azzurri marksman Quagliarella continues to impress at the Stadio Friuli and he has been widely tipped to join one of the peninsula's giants.

Juve have been watching Quagliarella for months, but Inter boss Jose Mourinho is also an admirer of the talented hitman and the champions are said to be preparing a bid.

Stunned into action, Juve sporting director Alessio Secco met with Udinese counterpart Pietro Leonardi yesterday and they reportedly began formal negotiations for a transfer.

Reports suggest that Quagliarella would fetch around £14m and Udinese could demand full rights to rising star Michele Paolucci.

channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
bs rumour i hope

we need a cm beside sissoko and a fb way before reinforcing our striking dept further

ffs secco snap out of your obsession with mediocre strikers

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not necessarily. I'm not comparing the Gold Cup or anything in our region to the Euros or World Cup, but we do usually win top qualification and the Gold Cup from our region. We pretty much always win that. The way I see it, Italy won't win the World Cup or Euros any time soon. The talent isn't there. So he may not win anything.

But all of this is gloryhunting. If people don't "feel" like they want to participate in the culture or have no ideas of assimilation, they can head straight back to where they came from. My great great grandparents had to struggle and do so, made it happen, so there's no reason why this douche Rossi can't make it happen either.

I "feel" like a mama-mia-pizzaria-maker today. Ehhhh yo, pi-zano, whadduya say.... azzurri for me, EH?!
Andy, Andy, Andy, don't let your patriotism cloud your judgement. I really like reading your posts, and agree with most of your assessments regarding players, and your arguments which pertain to Juve; however, in this particular incident I beg to differ with your evaluation of the situation, and compeltely disagree with your classification of the current Italy crop as lacking talent (Chiellini, Santacroce, De Rossi, Marchisio, D'Agostino, Montolivo, Giovinco, Rossi, and Balotelli but to name a few).

I was born in Egypt, and both my parents are Egyptian, yet when I go back to visit my family, I don't feel as comfortable or as secure as I should. I have lived in Thailand for 8 years (this is my 2nd 4 year stint), and in more ways than one, I feel this is home, even though I have no Thai or Asian blood in me whatsoever. I know some Egyptians who moved to the US 25-30 years ago, but they still feel Egypt is their home, and where they belong. The point is, it doesn't matter where you grew up, or where your parents are from, but where your heart lies and where it is that you feel most comfortable.

If Rossi feels like he owes it to himself and his family to play for Italy, then kudos to that; if not, then that is an entirely different story altogether.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Juve prepare Fabio swoop
Wednesday 20 May, 2009

Juventus have stepped up their interest for Udinese ace Fabio Quagliarella as Inter threaten to move first.

The Old Lady will be looking to strengthen their striking line this summer with French international David Trezeguet expected to leave.

Azzurri marksman Quagliarella continues to impress at the Stadio Friuli and he has been widely tipped to join one of the peninsula's giants.

Juve have been watching Quagliarella for months, but Inter boss Jose Mourinho is also an admirer of the talented hitman and the champions are said to be preparing a bid.

Stunned into action, Juve sporting director Alessio Secco met with Udinese counterpart Pietro Leonardi yesterday and they reportedly began formal negotiations for a transfer.

Reports suggest that Quagliarella would fetch around £14m and Udinese could demand full rights to rising star Michele Paolucci.

channel4
NO!!. hopefully it is a rumor, it will be a waste of our summer spendings. we need Fullbacks and a good CB, plus a Central playmaker. I sure hope we don't buy anyone in our attacking department this summer:xfinger: . save it for the next.:agree:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Screw Quagliarella, if we want to replace Trez than we should sign Dzeko. It seems that he gave an interview to Corriere Della Sera where he said that he would like to play in Italy for Milan or Juve.

Mar 14, 2004
Screw Quagliarella, if we want to replace Trez than we should sign Dzeko. It seems that he gave an interview to Corriere Della Sera where he said that he would like to play in Italy for Milan or Juve.
One year miracle in a one year miracle club. Neither will Wolfsburg be champions next year neither will Edin(whom I like the most in Wolfsburg) score 25 goals again....

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
One year miracle in a one year miracle club. Neither will Wolfsburg be champions next year neither will Edin(whom I like the most in Wolfsburg) score 25 goals again....
You wanna bet about Dzeko? He is far from one year miracle, he is developing into great player, and he didn't came up from nowhere, it is yet to be seen the best from him.

Diego Ribas

Nov 18, 2008
Very good player!!! Bravo Secco.

Quagliarella can play as an forward and as a winger. When 4-4-2 is sitting on a bench, but with a 4-2-3-1 (which is likely to be in the Juve Spalletti) he will be played on the right wing instead of Camoranesi because Argentinean is often the injuries. On the wing you must quickly run - Del Piero is slowly, and Marchionni not able to take the ball... WELCOME QUAG !! :)

We do not need any Dzeko - we have two high-attackers (I does not count Trezeguet). The third is not needed, especially in the 4-2-3-1, which probably we will to play.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004

Quagliarella can play as an forward and as a winger. When 4-4-2 is sitting on a bench, but with a 4-2-3-1 (which is likely to be in the Juve Spalletti) he will be played on the right wing instead of Camoranesi because Argentinean is often the injuries. On the wing you must quickly run - Del Piero is slowly, and Marchionni not able to take the ball... WELCOME QUAG !! :)

We do not need any Dzeko - we have two high-attackers (I does not count Trezeguet). The third is not needed, especially in the 4-2-3-1, which probably we will to play.
you are going way overboard here
this is just a rumour and you made it as it is a done deal and all parties,signatures are done
so wait before rushing to conclusions

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont think that Secco has the authority or the time to make a try for that move right now. He is stupid enough to overpay for such an overrated would-have-been.
Do not trust any kind of rumors, until the final decision for our new coach is made...

Diego Ribas

Nov 18, 2008
Secco overpay?! Inter buys some who do not know "Arnautovic" for 14 million, Milito and Thiago Motta for 20 milion + Acquafresca (worth 13mln) :lol:

We spend 40 million for: Diego, Cannavaro, Criscito and Quagliarella.
Inter will spend 45 million and buy Milito, Motta and Arnautovic ... :lol:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The difference is that Inter can afford to overpay and they are doing this on purpose,
they have always doing that on purpose because thats what Moratti wants...

Diego Ribas

Nov 18, 2008
Ok, so do not say that Secco overpay, just because he is careful in the issue of money.
As if he to overpay to by give 30 million for Diego, and not quarrel with each euro from 1.5 years :)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Just imagine if Chiellini had some American parents who went to Italy, yet he chose the USA over the Azzurri. Trust me, the reactions would be much worse.
Of course Rossi is italian boy and always will be. The major part of latvians that ran away from fascism and communism and emmigrate to USA, Germany, Brazil and other contries have kids who are latvians too and even their grand-child probably will consider themselves latvians even if they will visit our country twice in a year. USA can't ask everyone who because of various reasons aren't living in their parent's country to become their citizen or repay the country by playing in the NT if the guy is good enough. Besides Rossi developed as footballer in Italy and England, which makes your argument even more insane.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Secco overpay?! Inter buys some who do not know "Arnautovic" for 14 million, Milito and Thiago Motta for 20 milion + Acquafresca (worth 13mln) :lol:

We spend 40 million for: Diego, Cannavaro, Criscito and Quagliarella.
Inter will spend 45 million and buy Milito, Motta and Arnautovic ... :lol:
Arnautovic and Milito are both better then Quag. Fabio is the most overrated striker in Serie A. He is the perfect example of how you cant judge players based on Youtube etc. He scores a couple of wonder goals a season and is hailed the next big thing. All of our current strikers are better then him, talentwise and scoring wise. It's shocking how many good chances Quag missed this season, dont let a couple of nice goals fool you. It's not even that big of a deal, he shoots from impossible angles atleast 3 times a match.

There's no logic in selling Iaquinta/Trez and replacing him with this guy.

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009

TRUE :thumbs:

:mark:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)