Fabio Quagliarella - Thank you Napoli! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you think Zlatan will stay at Inter? A few days ago it was 100% staying, today it is 90%.

It's his fifth year in Italy and he has won five Scudetti and failed miserably in the CL. You know well that he wants the Ballon d'Or and you know how is the only way to get it.

Which is sickening actually.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No to this over-rated, mediocre Forvet! I don't care about his stats in PES, FM, or Grandma Fudge's street soccer game!

Ranieri is gone, which means we don't need to sell Trezeguet. Now, depending on which formation we choose to deploy next season, we might not even need to acquire a new striker should Trez or Iaq leave. The strikers department is the last one that requires tampering with. Leave it till the end of the 2009-2010 season ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And Andy, who are you kidding, you would be one his his biggiest fans if he joined Juve ;) You just like to the act of a dumped ass bitchy ho too much to let it go :D
I think someone of your stature, someone passionate about football, could understand why we don't like the player.

But then again, I can see why you wouldn't care, learning about where you're from and all.

Just imagine if Chiellini had some American parents who went to Italy, yet he chose the USA over the Azzurri. Trust me, the reactions would be much worse.

I have no reason to like the player because he doesn't play for my club or country, and in some ways, I hope he never will. :tup:

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
I think someone of your stature, someone passionate about football, could understand why we don't like the player.

But then again, I can see why you wouldn't care, learning about where you're from and all.

Just imagine if Chiellini had some American parents who went to Italy, yet he chose the USA over the Azzurri. Trust me, the reactions would be much worse.

I have no reason to like the player because he doesn't play for my club or country, and in some ways, I hope he never will. :tup:
Right on man! I was so mad he chose Italy over the US the country he was born and raised in

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But he is a very good player, much better than Quagliarella. I would take him anyday; in any case, he made the right choice.

His parents are Italian, he probably feels more Italian, and let's be honest he stands to win a lot more playing for Italy, not to mention competing in more prestigious competitions like the European Cup as opposed to the Gold Cup or some Mickey Mouse tournaments like that.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
No to this over-rated, mediocre Forvet! I don't care about his stats in PES, FM, or Grandma Fudge's street soccer game!

Ranieri is gone, which means we don't need to sell Trezeguet. Now, depending on which formation we choose to deploy next season, we might not even need to acquire a new striker should Trez or Iaq leave. The strikers department is the last one that requires tampering with. Leave it till the end of the 2009-2010 season ;)
If the club had the cash to reinforce the midfield and defence right now, then i would agree with you. But they dont and i think one of iaquinta or trezeguet will be used to generate cash to buy a some more defenders and possibly midfielders.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
and let's be honest he stands to win a lot more playing for Italy
Not necessarily. I'm not comparing the Gold Cup or anything in our region to the Euros or World Cup, but we do usually win top qualification and the Gold Cup from our region. We pretty much always win that. The way I see it, Italy won't win the World Cup or Euros any time soon. The talent isn't there. So he may not win anything.

But all of this is gloryhunting. If people don't "feel" like they want to participate in the culture or have no ideas of assimilation, they can head straight back to where they came from. My great great grandparents had to struggle and do so, made it happen, so there's no reason why this douche Rossi can't make it happen either.

I "feel" like a mama-mia-pizzaria-maker today. Ehhhh yo, pi-zano, whadduya say.... azzurri for me, EH?!

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Right on man! I was so mad he chose Italy over the US the country he was born and raised in
That's quite similar to Amauri, isn't it? He was born and raised in Brasil, yet he's eagerly awaited to play for the Azzurri. Yes, he developed himself as a professional footballer in Italy, but the same can be said about Rossi.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Not necessarily. I'm not comparing the Gold Cup or anything in our region to the Euros or World Cup, but we do usually win top qualification and the Gold Cup from our region. We pretty much always win that. The way I see it, Italy won't win the World Cup or Euros any time soon. The talent isn't there. So he may not win anything.

But all of this is gloryhunting. If people don't "feel" like they want to participate in the culture or have no ideas of assimilation, they can head straight back to where they came from. My great great grandparents had to struggle and do so, made it happen, so there's no reason why this douche Rossi can't make it happen either.
Absolutely. We're not talking about a football wasteland like Canada either. You can understand why Owen Hargreaves and Jonathan de Guzman told the CSA to piss off and choose to play for another country (despite it being a little distasteful, and in De Guzman's case, disrespectful to his own brother). Soccer is going nowhere fast in Canada because we're unwilling to devote the amount of time, effort and money needed to build a proper program. Not to mention the shameful international record, one world cup appearance (cause Mexico was host) and couldn't even muster one goal as host nation of the U20 World Cup.

Nor are we talking a nation like Brazil, where only a chosen few out of a huge talent pool can ever play for the Selecao. Again, it makes sense if you're marginal to look at another country to get some international experience. Take Amauri, as good as he is, at best he may only be a reserve call-up in Brazil. He might not even have had consideration if he didn't start talking Azzurri.

The US has been working hard to field a good product domestically and internationally. While clearly a few steps below Italy, they are still a regular World Cup entrant, and dominant in their confederation. They are doing good things, and every year look more competitive.

I guess long story short, you have to question the integrity of a guy who refuses a solid (emerging) footballing nation to gloryhunt. Like you said, Italy may not be dominant again for a while, and he might miss the boat to win some international trophies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's quite similar to Amauri, isn't it? He was born and raised in Brasil, yet he's eagerly awaited to play for the Azzurri. Yes, he developed himself as a professional footballer in Italy, but the same can be said about Rossi.
No, it cannot. Rossi established himself first in the US, then in England and then Spain. BLOOM!

But you guys can have him. Onyewu will own his bitch ass while Rossi tosses his salad.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Absolutely. We're not talking about a football wasteland like Canada either. You can understand why Owen Hargreaves and Jonathan de Guzman told the CSA to piss off and choose to play for another country (despite it being a little distasteful, and in De Guzman's case, disrespectful to his own brother). Soccer is going nowhere fast in Canada because we're unwilling to devote the amount of time, effort and money needed to build a proper program. Not to mention the shameful international record, one world cup appearance (cause Mexico was host) and couldn't even muster one goal as host nation of the U20 World Cup.

Nor are we talking a nation like Brazil, where only a chosen few out of a huge talent pool can ever play for the Selecao. Again, it makes sense if you're marginal to look at another country to get some international experience. Take Amauri, as good as he is, at best he may only be a reserve call-up in Brazil. He might not even have had consideration if he didn't start talking Azzurri.

The US has been working hard to field a good product domestically and internationally. While clearly a few steps below Italy, they are still a regular World Cup entrant, and dominant in their confederation. They are doing good things, and every year look more competitive.

I guess long story short, you have to question the integrity of a guy who refuses a solid (emerging) footballing nation to gloryhunt. Like you said, Italy may not be dominant again for a while, and he might miss the boat to win some international trophies.
:tup: Top notch stuff, Thunderball.

+REP

Jan 7, 2007

good point. Now that Ranieri's gone, I guess we the whole Trez situation might be reversed?

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
No, it cannot. Rossi established himself first in the US, then in England and then Spain. BLOOM!

But you guys can have him. Onyewu will own his bitch ass while Rossi tosses his salad.
Well, he decided to left US and came to Italy, he grew up in Parma's youth system, where Ferguson's scouts noticed him, not in the US. Nevertheless, basing on your arguments, Michael Corle... erm, Giuseppe Rossi should represent England ahead of US then, because he spent most of his football career there, especially if Amauri should represent Italy becase of the same argument.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he should represent whoever the hell he wants, he can represent italy and chose to. his heart is obviously azzuro.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
he should represent whoever the hell he wants, he can represent italy and chose to. his heart is obviously azzuro.
Of course. But some will tell you he did it only because Italy's NT is more attractive for him and he *should* represent the US. On the other hand, the same people will tell you that Amauri *should* represent Italy. They know better than players, what the players should do, obviously.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Aren't both Rossi's parents Italian? In some parts of the world that'd make him Italian than American because his parents were American... My li'l brother was born and brought up in the UAE but he's not a citizen... he behaves like an Indian and his customs are that of an Indian because thats how he was brought up... Maybe Rossi was brought up the same way and he felt more Italian than he did American..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)