vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Do you really think there's a big difference in squad quality between 18/19 and 20/21? Is one competitive and the other one average?
I'm not sure. Current squad is a little bit worse, I think.

BUT it is costing us a lot more money. A more expensive squad really should mean a better squad. Alas.
(Though, if you really want to make it about Marotta, you should look further back. By 18/19 he had a lot less influence.)

Still, the facts remain: the likes of Agnelli, Nedved & Marotta were in charge when this team became very competitve again.
And the moment 1 of those 3 was sent packing, we started deteriorating.

Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe we'll bounce back next season. Who knows? But in football, the only thing that should matter are the results. And those results are not up for debate or discussion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

BUT it is costing us a lot more money. A more expensive squad really should mean a better squad. Alas.
(Though, if you really want to make it about Marotta, you should look further back. By 18/19 he had a lot less influence.)

Still, the facts remain: the likes of Agnelli, Nedved & Marotta were in charge when this team became very competitve again.

Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe we'll bounce back next season. Who knows? But in football, the only thing that should matter are the results. And those results are not up for debate or discussion.
We started deteriorating long before Paratici took the reings, with the sale of Vidal and Pogba and Higuain 's acquisition.
Max did miracles with the team during and after 2016-2017 season.
Sadly Paratici didn't fare any better in stopping the decline so he has to go.
Nedved also.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
:haha:

One inherited an average team & made it competitive. Hell, based on our results (aka the only f*cking thing that matters), one of the most competitive teams in the world.
The other one inherited a competitive team & made it average. So far, at least.
But hey, these days who cares about facts anyway. Opinions & alternative facts, those are all that matter.

I'm obviously not implying that they did it all by themselves, as it's clearly not a one man job.
Paratici's work isn't done yet though, right?

Let's not forget that Marotta brought Delneri as a coach and a host of players that are ranging from below average to Serie B level like Krasic, Jorge Martinez, Elia, Traore, Marco Motta, Aquilani and the list goes on and on.

Agnelli hired Conte and only then working with Antonio is when we started constructing a squad based on his demands. The same is happening in Inter now, Antonio Conte specifically picked almost all the influential players at inter from Lukaku to Hakimi and Barella.

My point is clear. I'm not acting as if Beppe has done nothing right in his Juve career, I'm just perplexed how the same people who hated his work when he was here are suddenly in love with him and think Paratici is the problem now when they thought it was the other way around back then. They both come from the same school and we need to move away from it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Also, I'll never understand why people keep coming up with the sale of player X or the purchase of player Y to make a point for or against Marotta/Paratici.
I really, really couldn't care less. We've made deals over the years that I hated, we've made deals I loved. We've made deals I thought were great, but completely backfired. We've made deals I thought were terrible that turned out absolutely amazing.

In the end though, one look at the results over time should tell you all you need to know.
But I guess that's not an easy concept to grasp :boh:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The problem is not in Paratici, but how our club works

We don't work by priority that we need in our starter but work by opportunities that arise
The prove :

We have Cuadrado, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi all right winger
Then we add to that Kulu (opportunity), Chiesa (opportunity) all right-winger.

Ramsey, Rabiot (free transfer opportunity)
But no one wanting Costa and Berna so we only spending without getting income, that we really need to spend in the position that we really need

If we can sell Costa and Berna for half of their price (we bought both for a total of 80M) when we get Kulu and Chiesa, we can poach Locatelli or De Paul there
last season

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He inherited problems from the Marotta era, but he's had quite some time to fix it no? But has it gotten any better? Has the mid improved at all?

He's brought down the age, yes, with jabronis on high wages who have no business starting for Juve in the first place.
Isn't average age of the squad the like most important thing?

- - - Updated - - -

The age is surely down by much when we offload Higuain, Matuidi , Khedira

And it will go down further because some players have their contract expired and we probably want to sell some old players and bring in younger players

1620212739152.png

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, It will go down to Agnelli who you can blame
As a president, he can do anything he wants every day of the week
Sacking the noob coach and hire world-class one

Like right now, who hear the news that Mou goes to AS Roma. I think that is their owner does that so that happen
Like when Fenway sports group do their analysis and go to Klopp it does as their coach years back then
Like Bayern that have Hansi Flick, the coach who trashed Barca 8-2 and they go for Nagelsman

If you really want a world-class coach go pursue them. Don't go for some noob coach and think as he is a world class
Paying someone to go is not a positive thing

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Isn't average age of the squad the like most important thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Paying someone to go is not a positive thing
But who the one responsible for buying them and keep extending their wages?
We try to offload all of that 3. Higuain on loan +option (that fail), Khedira to some German and Turkish team and England. Matuidi to France but it al is just rumour with no result

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But who the one responsible for buying them and keep extending their wages?
We try to offload all of that 3. Higuain on loan +option (that fail), Khedira to some German and Turkish team and England. Matuidi to France but it al is just rumour with no result
Paratici extended Matuidi. Khedira was extended 3 weeks before we made Marottas sacking official, yet people say he did it on his own? You think Agnelli and the board will let someone that's about to be fired extend contracts for 12M a year gross? Higuain was a stupid buy from the beginning that's true

Jun 16, 2020
I like Paratici, I don’t think that it has been a easy job with all the expectations, our financials who changed drastically with Ronaldo and covid and the wage bill that we’re having.

Its really difficult to judge what have been his decisions and which are made by Marotta.

To me though its quite clear that he should have a partner with a different set of skills like had with Marotta. Agnelli should hire someone, that fault is up to him.

Paratici has a good eye for talent I think, but his negotiating skills are horrible and we seem to bend over with every demand the player/agent wants. Has been the case with Rabiot, Ramsey or now probably with Donnarumma. And ultimately we have to fill the gaps with strange plusvalenza deals. Agnelli should to something about it. Sign players because they want to play here, not because we pay 4m more. That isn’t sustainable

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I like Paratici, I don’t think that it has been a easy job with all the expectations, our financials who changed drastically with Ronaldo and covid and the wage bill that we’re having.

Its really difficult to judge what have been his decisions and which are made by Marotta.

To me though its quite clear that he should have a partner with a different set of skills like had with Marotta. Agnelli should hire someone, that fault is up to him.

Paratici has a good eye for talent I think, but his negotiating skills are horrible and we seem to bend over with every demand the player/agent wants. Has been the case with Rabiot, Ramsey or now probably with Donnarumma. And ultimately we have to fill the gaps with strange plusvalenza deals. Agnelli should to something about it. Sign players because they want to play here, not because we pay 4m more. That isn’t sustainable
Does not compute

Strickland

May 17, 2019

is it costing a lot more money? 2018/19 wage bill was 219m, 2020/21 it's 236m. Dont have time to look into the yearly cost of players that includes transfer fee ammortization, but that's probably a similar story, a 5-10% increase in 2020/21 compared to 2018/19.

our performance started deteriorating right away after Marotta left, which strongly indicates he was the architect of that failure. Tici didn't inherit a well built squad from Marotta, he inherited a messy situation he hasn't been able to fix + we have made some very questionable decisions in the coaching department, that has lead to those poor results.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Tici fans are almost as entertaining as Sarri boys

the venn diagram might be almost perfect as well
One and the same. You gotta be a Sarri fan if you are a Tici fan. Tici did say verbatim: “We consider Sarri the ideal Juventus coach.”

And Tuz clowns think Agnelli was the one who wanted the chainsmoking bum here, and Tici had nothing to do with it. :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

is it costing a lot more money? 2018/19 wage bill was 219m, 2020/21 it's 236m. Dont have time to look into the yearly cost of players that includes transfer fee ammortization, but that's probably a similar story, a 5-10% increase in 2020/21 compared to 2018/19.

our performance started deteriorating right away after Marotta left, which strongly indicates he was the architect of that failure. Tici didn't inherit a well built squad from Marotta, he inherited a messy situation he hasn't been able to fix + we have made some very questionable decisions in the coaching department, that has lead to those poor results.
:lol:

Our decline started when Tici brought in the Ronaldo proposal and we bought him while ignoring all the actual needs of the squad that Allegri was begging to have fixed. Marotta disagreed with this half-assed “galactico” path and was shitcanned, and we’ve gotten progressively worse since. If anything the Galactico obsession of the Tici-Nedved-Agnelli trio has killed the squad make-up as we don’t have the money to do anything but half-ass it.

If Beppe and Allegri were still here, we’d have a better, more well-rounded squad with guys like Barella now. Beppe made mistakes but on the whole was a fantastic sporting director, doesn’t mean we should rehire him, but I definitely miss his competence and professionalism.

Tici is nothing but a clown at this point, and has dropped us into the abyss.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Paratici's work isn't done yet though, right?

Let's not forget that Marotta brought Delneri as a coach and a host of players that are ranging from below average to Serie B level like Krasic, Jorge Martinez, Elia, Traore, Marco Motta, Aquilani and the list goes on and on.

Agnelli hired Conte and only then working with Antonio is when we started constructing a squad based on his demands. The same is happening in Inter now, Antonio Conte specifically picked almost all the influential players at inter from Lukaku to Hakimi and Barella.

My point is clear. I'm not acting as if Beppe has done nothing right in his Juve career, I'm just perplexed how the same people who hated his work when he was here are suddenly in love with him and think Paratici is the problem now when they thought it was the other way around back then. They both come from the same school and we need to move away from it.
Key difference here.

When Marotta bought average players, he wasn't crippling our finances. Whereas with Tici, every poor signing he makes seems to have significant impact on our finances. Besides Tici has had way more misses than hits in these last 3 years.

Tici likes to make flashy, fancy signings, something which is not very characteristic of Marotta. Ofcourse given that they've both worked together, there is bound to be similar elements in the way they operate but they also have vastly different philosophies in how to build a team. The evidence is clearly there.

Just look at Marotta's work at Inter. The first thing he did was discard the 'bad apple'/pussyfag that is Icardi and then proceeded to build the team from the back and made the spine stronger including the midfield which is the reason for Inter's success today.

Tici on the other hand is more concerned about marketability, brand value, players with fancy skills while taking half assed measures to reinforce the rest of the squad which badly needs addressing.

I understand what you're trying to say. We eventually need to move away from 'club policy' of market opportunities and plusvalenza but just pointing out that Beppe handled these 'constraints' so to speak, way better than Paratici. We were in a far healthier situation under him ensuring sustained dominance in league. Now we don't even have that, let alone contending in Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)