vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Yeah, when Buffon and CR7 not in squad anymore we will drastically turn down our avg age

And I really think it will be happen next season. And we will have greater wage bills if we let go CR7, sell all deadwood loaned out players, and go for Haaland and Aouar

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Without knowing the parameters he had been given i think the squad has improved overall. Who knows what he may have had should covid never existed. We could have brought in a pogba type for example.

The dry loans concern me. 12 months time could see us in the same position trying to offload them again. But if he was told to do this to support additions then not much can be said.
I think loan is best option for current condition. And at least we dont need to pay their wages.

And if they do their best while on loan and impressed it will be more easier for us to sell compare than they sit on the bench whole season for us ( + we are bleeding on wages)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
such a comment from a big hater like you ..... fair enough :mino: am a fan :fab3:
I don't like Tootsie, but this has nothing to do with hating. It's not a super team. One look at our midfield should tell you that.

Now, are we in a better position than we were last year? Yes, we are. We've lowered the average age of the squad, disposed of the deadwood (albeit some on loan only, with the exception of that leechfuck Khedira), and added some exciting young players, depth, and an ambitious coach.

Nonetheless, we still have visible weaknesses, and our coach is a novice. Yes, exciting times await, but it's not a super team.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't like Tootsie, but this has nothing to do with hating. It's not a super team. One look at our midfield should tell you that.

Now, are we in a better position than we were last year? Yes, we are. We've lowered the average age of the squad, disposed of the deadwood (albeit some on loan only, with the exception of that leechfuck Khedira), and added some exciting young players, depth, and an ambitious coach.

Nonetheless, we still have visible weaknesses, and our coach is a novice. Yes, exciting times await, but it's not a super team.
only time juve had a super team in recent memory was back in 2005 when we got vieira. that team then was a complete super team.

would you agree then, that juve is more about making players into superstars and thus a superteam, as opposed to assembling them? look at juve 2011 and juve 2014.

not be confused with buying super players. ronaldo, pirlo, even tevez in recent times. but super teams happen through course of a season of a team coming together.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

that's what I've been repeating for years: once buffon and chiellini retire, we keep pinso as our only homegrown player, we sell berna as we should, we won't even have 4 italians in the squad by the 17+4+4 rule. dybala qualifies as an association grown player, so for next year, we might end up with bonbon, dybala and chiesa as "italians".

watch us to overpay for every usable italian from now on. and that's the reason why tonali was a bargain, not because he's so special.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

that's what I've been repeating for years: once buffon and chiellini retire, we keep pinso as our only homegrown player, we sell berna as we should, we won't even have 4 italians in the squad by the 17+4+4 rule. dybala qualifies as an association grown player, so for next year, we might end up with bonbon, dybala and chiesa as "italians".

watch us to overpay for every usable italian from now on. and that's the reason why tonali was a bargain, not because he's so special.
Donnarumma
Locatelli
Castrovilli

those will be targets for next Summer for sure. Watch out for any break-out players too.

BTW. Chiellini will be replaced by Rugani IMO. That is if the former retires.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Donnarumma
Locatelli
Castrovilli

those will be targets for next Summer for sure. Watch out for any break-out players too.

just noticed the guy forgot about frabotta. let's hope he'll prove himself as a worthy vice sandro.

if rugani is our chiellini replacement in the squad then we can just forget italians. he's simply not good enough.

i like both locatelli and castrovilli.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

I don't know what is a super team for you ....

for me ...talented players in every position ...that is a super team ...not a galactico teams aka Real ..superstates every where ....

this Juve is talented every where and the good thing ...the players complement each other and the collective outcome is something unique and special

I don't need a super stars to call this team a super although we have CR7, Dybala and DL ....

about your point that our mid is not good enough ... you are right ..but this is undone with the wingers , so the mids will only focus on cleaning the dirt (McKenne)

dictate the play (Benta) and hold on possession (Rabiot and Aurthur) ....those for any creativity from thier side is a bonce ....

I feel this Juve is real team ..

with this level ..the minimum is the CL final now ....

what do we need more FGS ....Defense (Check) mid (Check) attack (Check) ...

TimelyShoddyKusimanse-size_restricted.gif

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Donnarumma
Locatelli
Castrovilli

Would be nice if Juve actually had an Italian break out player for once instead of always having to buy them.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Donnarumma
Locatelli
Castrovilli

The first two are almost certain imo. Locatelli has been clear enough that he wants to join and Donnarumma still hasnt renewed and has Raiola as his agent.

Castrovilli can replace someone like Ramsey but then we are basically using Fiore as our feeder club lol

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We had Kean, Berardi, Immobile. But fir different reasons it didn't work out.
immobile is my only regret. sure, kean would be a good depth option, but odds are he'll never be more than that for a juve level club. same for berardi: no ambition whatsoever, that local hero status fits him perfectly, he'll never be a big club player.

immobile though... he matured a lot since his dortmund fiasco, and he became one of the most consistent 9's of the top5 leagues for the last couple of seasons. does not stike me as a big game player, still, he could have been a cheap and satisfying option for that position for 90% of any season.

juve is simply all about the results. we don't have time to put faith in youngsters and let them fail for years in order to grow. unless we manage to find a new pogba or del piero somehow, i mean some players who clearly show their immense talent at such an early age, then we'll rarely have usable homegrown players. let's hope the u23 team helps us a bit and we can promote 1 or 2 players from that team every year.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
I loved Beppe, but we have reached a point in the many years since calciopoli that his shrewd deals could only take us so far. His penny pinching, love of freebie’s, creative co-owns, loans with option et al. modus operandi was really great at rebuilding the base of the club after the disastrous Secco-Blanc-Cobolli-Gigli triumvirate (many of you fools have forgotten how we were absolutely mired in mediocrity then), but imo we have outgrown that approach. Its about time we threw our weight around like the big club we were pre 2006.

The hate Paratici gets on here is baffling. This guys been at the helm for less than 2 years and has, by all accounts, been the driving force in making signings like CR7 and De Ligt, these big money statement signings a lot of you mothafucka’s here have been crying for over the years. He’s had to clean up some of Beppe’s old deals while making his own mark with his own signings. Not to mention the guy has an astute eye for talent and was responsible for scouting many of the good signings we brought in during Andrea Agnellis’s era. A lot of Beppe devotees forgot how he was shat on here for the first couple of years of his tenure for having a “provincial” mentality and how he was running this club like it was Sampdoria. It took some time for the general opinion of the great man to change.

Fab’s done pretty good so far. He’s significantly reduced the average age of what was one of europe’s oldest squads, has trimmed our wage bill by getting salaries like Higuain and Matuidi off the payroll, is slowly moving out some of the remnants from Beppe’s time and has been focused on signing young exciting talents. Give the man 2 more years and lets see what he can do when the squad should be composed of mostly his signings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)