vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Under the circumstances it was a good mercato. My only concern is perhaps the overall squad is on the small side but the younger overall age and versatility of players should hopefully make up for that.

A lot of people criticize him for not being able to get rid of players. Just remember that a lot of those players are legacy contracts he may not have had a hand in. Players are highly paid, win titles here and don't want to take a pay cut to go to an inferior team.

Have some doubts on Morata but he is reaching his peak so you could see the best of him to come.

Ultimately time will tell how good the mercato was.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Excellent? are you people drunk?
Whats excellent?
We play without LBs.
The forwards we got are unneeded and all of them suck at scoring, who will score next year when CR7 will be gone?
How are we going to get yet another prolific finisher when our budget and salary cap will be wasted???

Danilo will be a starter!

We have 2 crippled players for CAM, a super important role that our team will be built upon, both of the players who can play there, Ramsey and Arthur are the very definition of "injury prone".

We made massive capital loses by failing to release any player without full compensation, or selling them. We paid full salaries for players like Higuain for the remainder of their contract and we replaced them, with inferior players, again with huge salaries. What's the point of releasing them, when we paid their full stay anyway??? That's was Epic waste of money!

Again we moved without a plan, without pre-made deals and made panic buys and random acquisitions on unneeded players their managers threw at us.

I understand that Pirlo brought some optimism on the field and this, despite being weakened overall, has the potential to do great things, if the managers gets the best from the players, because they have been massively under performing so far, but this has nothing to do with the crucial mistakes made in this transfer window.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Whats excellent?
We play without LBs.
The forwards we got are unneeded and all of them suck at scoring, who will score next year when CR7 will be gone?
How are we going to get yet another prolific finisher when our budget and salary cap will be wasted???

We have 2 crippled players for CAM, a super important role that our team will be built upon, both of the players who can play there, Ramsey and Arthur are the very definition of "injury prone".

We made massive capital loses by failing to release any player without full compensation, or selling them. We payer full salaries for players like Higuain for the remainder of their contract and we replaced with inferior players, again with huge salaries.

Again we moved without a plan, without pre-made deals and made panic buys and random acquisitions on unneeded players their managers threw at us.

I understand that Pirlo brought some optimism on the field and this, despite being weakened overall, has the potential to do great things, if the managers gets the best from the players, because they have been massively under performing so far, but this has nothing to do with the crucial mistakes made in this transfer window.
cronios. the haters here will claim that LB is fine because of some unknown young player. but the only reason he was given a chance is because he is italian.

like literally chiesa and frabotta are only playing because within italy there was heavy criticims over juve giving chances to foreign young players like arthur, kulu, and de ligt.

also did u see we let costa go on a loan with no fee? this is a nightmare. we better hope dybala and ronaldo stay fit otherwise we are in trouble.

disgusting that we paid so much for chiesa, with we needed Aouar and a LB

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Whats excellent?
We play without LBs.

We made massive capital loses by failing to release any player without full compensation, or selling them. We paid full salaries for players like Higuain for the remainder of their contract and we replaced them, with inferior players, again with huge salaries. What's the point of releasing them, when we paid their full stay anyway??? That's was Epic waste of money!

Lord Paratici :bow:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He did way better so at the end he's quite aware how bad was all the decisions he made last season: high salaries and dead weights everywhere, exceed squad size, he brought Sarri (paying chelsea to release him) and try to change Paulo for Lukaku.

Better later than never.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Whats excellent?
We play without LBs.

oh I guess i forgot all of that. LOL sorry

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You guys must be missing the fact that we wasted huge amounts of millions this year.
It was wrongfully reported that we lacked capital for transfers and you thought we will get nothing and you are overjoyed with Trash that are better than nothing.
But we did commit huge amounts of cash for that trash. Every new year when we buy trash you claim maybe it's not mandatory to keep and you forget that we do keep them all in the end and when we send them away, we do pay the salaries we would, should we kept all those years of their remain contracts.
When we pay 2 years of salaries to a player like Higuain, who eats away a large ammount of our salary cap, we are not ridden of his salaries to make space for a Morata, we paid them in advance and pay extra Morata salaries for the very same year.
You may don't pay and you don't care, but our club does. These new toys are not coming for free, they come at the expense of proper champions, that could help us win the CL.
The more trash we waste, the less capital we have to buy proper players.
If we did not have the money, or at least did not commit next year's money, it would be a different matter, but we did, we wasted enough money to get what we actually should.
Just like it happened last year with Ramsey, i told that it is not a profit that he came for free, he came at the expense of a proper starter and you have seen how much he helped us at CL.
Apologists just claimed that we needed time and Juve just lost yet another season, now by getting Chiesa and Morata, we are wasting this season and the next...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

this looks good as a summary. on an other positive note, our wage bill will look much better too. the squad is younger, which doesn't automatically mean it's also better - but it will probably handle an other lockdown or an other busy schedule much more effectively than last season's oldies.

downside: khedira stayed, those who left either were free transfers with minusvalenza or dry loans so they will be back as an other terrible headache for next summer. no proper fullback signing. no aouar. striker is a bit underwhelming. chiesa is obviously a good signing, but 50+bonus is still too much post covid.

all things considered, this was a positive mercato. marotta's legacy is still way too heavy, and it will be until we get rid of some players on absurdly high wages, but we made some steps in the right direction.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The good was Kulusevski, Arthur-Pjanic swap deal and lowering the age. The bad was Chiesa and his awful price tag and just loaning out every damn player which resulted in us not generating any sales revenue at all this transfer window.

How the hell do you manage to not get money for a 22 year old CB that you bought for 26m a year ago(Romero) and two guys like Rugani and Pellegrini who are still young?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The attack has been thoroughly revamped, and the midfield as well to a lesser degree. He did excellent to rob Barcelona with the Pjanic - Arthur swap. He also did well to greatly reduce the average age of the squad by bringing in some promising young players, but all the "deadwood" has been loaned out or released rather than sold. It is what it is considering the circumstances.

However, I think we could've done with a "big name" for the midfield, as to me it feels a bit weak at this point. We'll see how players develop though. Additionally, unless Frabotta is here to stay then we're short on LBs once again.

I'd give this a 7/10 right now, we've improved but still there are weak spots.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My real questionts for him would be why we generated almost no money in the extis of Rugani, Pellegrini and Romero. Perin?

Those are the concerning ones to be honest.

Matuidi, Khedira, Costa, Higuain are a lost cause, damaged goods with no resale value and thats it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The attack has been thoroughly revamped, and the midfield as well to a lesser degree. He did excellent to rob Barcelona with the Pjanic - Arthur swap. He also did well to greatly reduce the average age of the squad by bringing in some promising young players, but all the "deadwood" has been loaned out or released rather than sold. It is what it is considering the circumstances.

However, I think we could've done with a "big name" for the midfield, as to me it feels a bit weak at this point. We'll see how players develop though. Additionally, unless Frabotta is here to stay then we're short on LBs once again.

I'd give this a 7/10 right now, we've improved but still there are weak spots.
I think that is a fair assessment at this point. It is nice to get some fresh faces in midfield, especially Arthur and Kulu. I would characterize many of these signings as potential breakout players that have relatively decent potential; perhaps not world class but they could excel here, especially under a manager with new ideas. The fact that we still can't sell and the Chiesa deal being so high in this market definitely knocks the rating down a point, or two. If Chiesa has a breakthrough season then that could change, hope he does but I don't see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)