vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2020
I thought I mentioned bringing back Pellegrini?

If kulusevski is projected to be a starter, then why can't Pellegrini, who quietly has been pretty awesome at Cagliari this year.
Saw quite some games of Pellegrini, imo he isn’t ready to be a starter. He’d add more than Sandro in the attacking phase, but defensively he’s not ready yet. Mainly his positioning I didn’t like. I’d like him to be brought Allegri-style, very slowly and making sure he’s mentally up for it. Kulusevski seems more mature and ready than Pellegrini is.

Hopefully we don’t swap Pellegrini, I’m concerned as we’re getting linked to a lot of left backs.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 3, 2020
Saw quite some games of Pellegrini, imo he isn’t ready to be a starter. He’d add more than Sandro in the attacking phase, but defensively he’s not ready yet. Mainly his positioning I didn’t like. I’d like him to be brought Allegri-style, very slowly and making sure he’s mentally up for it. Kulusevski seems more mature and ready than Pellegrini is.

Hopefully we don’t swap Pellegrini, I’m concerned as we’re getting linked to a lot of left backs.
His best position is LWB , hopefully he can learn to be a capable LB he’s still quite young. I’d bring him on next season to be our backup LB. arrow definitely pointing up for this player.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Paratici speaks like he's in full control of everything and all is going according to the plan.

Well, Marotta sounded like that too on the very day he was sacked.

I'm sure this thought has crossed AA's mind many times... all circunstances point to continuity, even because of little to no time for planning next season, but you never know with Agnelli.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he needs to sell MDS, Khedira, Rugani, DC, Berna

getting these guys off the wage bill will be huge.

with that and some money hopefully 45-50 m from sale of rugani , berna and DC would be very good for the club.

then he needs to bring back pellegrini from loan, and sign 1 more midfielder. that should be the minimum. anything after that is bonus

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

with that and some money hopefully 45-50 m from sale of rugani , berna and DC would be very good for the club.

then he needs to bring back pellegrini from loan, and sign 1 more midfielder. that should be the minimum. anything after that is bonus
If you offload Berna and DC, you need one more winger. Kulu alone won't be able to play 50+ games for the whole season :)

My feeling is that DC will be sold while Berna will stay. The first is an international level player with all the fancy glamour around him. EPL or PSG could buy him for cheap.

Berna won't have any market outside of Italy and within the country nobody can afford him. Especially after such a season, it'd be a miracle.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He would've suited well in Allegri's system but if the intention was to make us play a more attractive brand of football, than swapping him for one of our most technically gifted footballers wouldnt have made sense.
Even signing him not at the expense of Dybala would have caused a lot of tactical headaches and we probably wouldn't have seen the best of Dybala like we've witnessed this season.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
He would've suited well in Allegri's system but if the intention was to make us play a more attractive brand of football, than swapping him for one of our most technically gifted footballers wouldnt have made sense.
Even signing him not at the expense of Dybala would have caused a lot of tactical headaches and we probably wouldn't have seen the best of Dybala like we've witnessed this season.
The more I´ve seen of Lukaku in Italy, the more I feel maybe he wouldn´t have been as bad of a fit in Sarri´s system as I thought. He´s technically limited, but he´s so strong he creates space for himself with several opponents on him, which allows him to play people through in tight spaces. He´s got great stamina too, the guy presses like a maniac, which we also miss.

In terms of Dybala, Real used to play Isco in this free role on the right next to CR and Benzema and he flourished. Mainly because Benzema was so good at creating spaces for others, and I think Lukaku could´ve done something similar for us (not to Benzema´s level of course).

Also, compare all of this to what Higuain has given us this year, CR and Dybala would always struggle with his useless contribution in that 9 role. No pressing, no spacing, no headers, no focal point at all. Anyways, let´s see if Milik can do the job or whoever the new striker will be.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

Marotta could sell and buy 10 players in a month, this clown can only almost sell a dybala and then hug him after a scudetto

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Lukaku would’ve done a hell of a job next to Cr7. He works hard and is very unselfish. Underrated passer too. Seeks out teammates very well for such a big guy.

Would individually been a good signing, not at the expense of Dybala though of course.
He can stay exactly where he is and I would be really happy about it

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
One thing that makes a little less irritated is that Fabio and Pavel have to travel each week, sweating in the empty arena to watch the most dreadful football game possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)