vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We shouldn't try to fix them all at once. That's a classic way to fall into desperation and to make panic buys. I'd rather we focus on decreasing the average age of the squad every year while reinforcing one to two positions at a time. Right we need a CM, a backup or starting LB and RB, a striker and a winger. We can't get them all this window.
We should focus on a right back and CM first and then think about the other positions.
This is the approach Liverpool took to build their current team.
I agree with you. We dont need major overhaul but we need to buy smart over the next 2-3 years, reduce the wage bill as well as it will give us more leverage. I feel cm position with Arthur and winger position with Kulusevski are covered and we wont see major investments in those departments. With Arthur, Rabiot, Bentacur, Matuidi and Ramsey being around we have no room for another high earner. I dont think we will manage to get rid of Costa, due to lack of demand since he cant seem to play consistently without getting injured.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Bernadeschi wont leave imo since no club would match the salary we are paying him, which is infuriating.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Being stuck with Matuidi and Ramsey for another season :sergio: :wallbang:

Bertha Burnturdeski still here :yuck: :inter:

Sometimes, just sometimes, fuck this club with their fucked up decisions
Hindsight is 20/20, at that time Bernadeschi looked as genuine prospect and not many challenged managements decision to spend 40m for him. For the last year or so, his game deteriorated, his decision making proved to be horrendous to the point whatever he does, he should have done exactly the opposite and now we are stuck with him, especially since he got improved contract. No one will touch him and we wont sell at loss. But regardless we are witnessing again calls to spend 40-50m for young and promissing Italian players, like Tonali or Zaniolo. I hope we will be more aware this time around.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
What measures can be taken, if any, to cancel the contracts of (if we can't sell):
Pjaca
Perrin
Khedira
Bernardeschi
Higuain - (hopefully, will leave)
MDS
Danilo
Matuidi
Rugani

Doubt Bonucci is gonna go anywhere.
Hate to say this but it may be time to ask Chiellini to hang up his boots at the end of this season.

Jul 13, 2010
To make decisions. It's a good start with cfo, but I'd say he should fucking take Fabio and Pavel to a 1 on 1 and tell them to get things sorted or else. Would you imagine AA firing them? I think sometimes ppl get too comfortable and immune and they are not working as well, I think Fabio and Pavel are exactly in this situation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Being stuck with Matuidi and Ramsey for another season :sergio: :wallbang:
I can see it happening. TBH I think it's fair to give Ramsey another season, even as dire as he is now, I think that is down to his physical condition.

2021 contracts - Sami Khedira, Gonzalo Higuain, Blaise Matuidi, Giorgio Chiellini, Gianluigi Buffon

I'd expect all of those players will be gone by then. Maybe Buffon will hang around for a year, but he can't play forever.

Matuidi and Khedira being sold this window is based on them receiving a good offer and the club kind of forcing them out like they did Mandzukic and others before that. If they don't receive a good financial offer they'll just stay here. Wouldn't you? The club have shown many times that they can be ruthless to even champions, and it's certainly time they did that with Khedira. Matuidi is technically not good enough to play as the kind of progressive midfielder we want. His character and desire are unquestionable.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He has big task to do in this pretty hard mercato ruin by covid.

Hopefully he can deliver to get rid the deadwood and bring reinforcement
But with so much overhaul and reinforcement, we will need some time for the new players to gel with the team

I am happy with Kulusevsky as he always deliver game by game with Parma.
For Arthur, I see him as Pjanic revitalisation plan, great job to capture young and talented midfielder (cutting 7 years by paying 10+ M euros)
It is just feel like giving Pjanic for free and take younger player that can become Pjanic or even better for only 10 M

He need to find another center back for our ageing CD
Another right back, midfielder and central forward , hopefully cf that can play on the wing as backup too

My fear is, while we get great name in this mercato, but there are no strong midfielder in the team that can control the play
And because of so much new player in the squad + hectic pre season, hopefully we still can deliver in opening season as that will be crucial

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Clearly we're in the middle of a generational shift. I've always admired and compared ourselves to Bayern Munchen. Those guys have been so successful with their rebuild after the era of Robbery. I think we need to buy young guys who have dominated this league and who want to win. Players like SMS and even Zaniolo are perfect here and we know they have the ability to dominate.

We need to invest in a few sure things this summer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great decision selling mandzukic and not replacing him in the team.

Just great logic.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
In hindsight Mandzukic would have been a perfect player for the slog of these post-restart games, but we definitely moved away from his kind of football once Sarri arrived.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What measures can be taken, if any, to cancel the contracts of (if we can't sell):
Pjaca
Perrin
Khedira
Bernardeschi
Higuain - (hopefully, will leave)
MDS
Danilo
Matuidi
Rugani

Doubt Bonucci is gonna go anywhere.
Hate to say this but it may be time to ask Chiellini to hang up his boots at the end of this season.
Canceling contracts is not a good maneuver for the obvious financial penalties the club would incur. But also, it's not good PR for potential transfers and their agents wouldn't be comfortable working with the club either if the club has a rendered history of canceling agreements.

Just not a good look overall

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Assuming that we are looking at a 3 man midfield next year, then it is pretty obvious that Rabiot-Bentancur-Arthur are going to be the starters.

Which is fine, given the upward trajectories of all three.

We still need at least 1 more quality midfielder for rotation purposes, to go along with Ramsey and if Matuidi is still on the roster next season. If Blaise is gone, then we need 2.

What we REALLY need help in is wingers and Fullbacks.

Cuadrado shouldn't be a Fullback. Yes, he has gotten better at it, but A) He's going to be 33 next year, and B) He really should be a part of any attacking formation we use.

Sandro needs to go. Sell him to the highest bidder and bring back Pellegrini. Take the money from Sandro's sale and put that towards a proper RB.

Higuain, Bernardeschi, and Costa need to be replaced with younger, more athletic options.

Speed kills in today's game, more so than any other time that I can remember. If you are able to make the defense hesitate for even a half second, you have a big advantage.

Costa would be perfect if not for the fact that he only plays around 15 matches per year.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Assuming that we are looking at a 3 man midfield next year, then it is pretty obvious that Rabiot-Bentancur-Arthur are going to be the starters.

Which is fine, given the upward trajectories of all three.

We still need at least 1 more quality midfielder for rotation purposes, to go along with Ramsey and if Matuidi is still on the roster next season. If Blaise is gone, then we need 2.

What we REALLY need help in is wingers and Fullbacks.

Cuadrado shouldn't be a Fullback. Yes, he has gotten better at it, but A) He's going to be 33 next year, and B) He really should be a part of any attacking formation we use.

Sandro needs to go. Sell him to the highest bidder and bring back Pellegrini. Take the money from Sandro's sale and put that towards a proper RB.

Higuain, Bernardeschi, and Costa need to be replaced with younger, more athletic options.

Speed kills in today's game, more so than any other time that I can remember. If you are able to make the defense hesitate for even a half second, you have a big advantage.

Costa would be perfect if not for the fact that he only plays around 15 matches per year.
Assuming we apply your ideas we are a starting LB short, also Kulu replaces Berna and Cuadrado replaces Costa in your scenario.
Tbh I Would keep Sandro unless we receive an attractive offer, and focus on a starting RB, an Higuain replacement and an established midfielder.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Assuming we apply your ideas we are a starting LB short, also Kulu replaces Berna and Cuadrado replaces Costa in your scenario.
Tbh I Would keep Sandro unless we receive an attractive offer, and focus on a starting RB, an Higuain replacement and an established midfielder.

I thought I mentioned bringing back Pellegrini?

If kulusevski is projected to be a starter, then why can't Pellegrini, who quietly has been pretty awesome at Cagliari this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)