vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I feel its a 7, and maybe its more down to my enthusiasm and how much I miss watching us as well as the excitement around seeing us attack more.

However, i sat down and calculated our major incomings and outgoings and its actually come out to 6.

This is how i did it,

Category 1:Incomings
De Ligt 10
Danilo 7
Romero 7
Pellegrini 7
Demiral 9
Ramsey 8
Rabiot 8
Buffon 8
64/8
AVG=8

Category 2: Outgoings
Cancelo 2
Spinazzola 2
Kean 2
Audero 10
Sturaro 10
Orsolini 8

AVG=6

Category 3: Failed Deadwood
Perin 1
Pjaca 1
Khedira 2
Matuidi 2
Can 3
Mandzukic 3
Rugani 2

AVG=2

Categorty4: Manager 7

Total of averages: 8+6+2+7 = 23
Grand Average
23 divided by the 4 categories =5.75

I'll round that to 6

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel its a 7, and maybe its more down to my enthusiasm and how much I miss watching us as well as the excitement around seeing us attack more.

However, i sat down and calculated our major incomings and outgoings and its actually come out to 6.

This is how i did it,

De Ligt 10
Danilo 7
Romero 7
Pellegrini 7
Demiral 9
Ramsey 8
Rabiot 8
Buffon 8
64/8
AVG=8

Cancelo 2
Spinazzola 2
Kean 2
Audero 10
Sturaro 10
Orsolini 8

AVG=6

Perin 1
Pjaca 1
Khedira 2
Matuidi 2
Can 3
Mandzukic 3
Rugani 2

AVG=2

Grand Average

I'll round that to 6
Perin shouldn't count as a failure because he got injured. Don't think that is the clubs fault or inability to sell.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Does the selection of the coach count towards a Mercato rating?
Kean Getting sold put a damper on the mercato for me, i know he was least year of contract but we should not have put ourselves in that situation
We completely reinvigorated our ageing backline with 2 great signings at cb, i'm not that sour on Cancelo leaving, too much of a liability in defense for my liking, if Danilo is half the offensive player and double the defensive then its a worth trade tbh.
thank fuck we didn't get Lukaku or Icardi.
Not a bad mercato, but ommiting so many players from CL is really poor, should have been sold
6.5-7 for me

Last edited:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Very good mercato in my opinion. All areas of the squad are stronger than before, even in attack where Higuain is an upgrade on Kean. Wish we didn't sell Cancelo but if Danilo steps up it could yet turn out to be a good move. We should have gotten rid of Mandzukic, Perin and a midfielder but can we really blame the club for that when players straight up refused to leave and Perin failed his medical? Keeping Dybala and not signing Lukaku or Icardi was a huge plus.

8/10

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Considering the performance of Matuidi and mainly of Khedira and Higuain for the first 2 games - players who I thought were washed up -, the squad suddenly looks a lot better. Add to that the surprisingly excellent performance of Danilo the last game, and also the refound game of Alex Sandro.

If these guys confirm the early good signs, we are in a good spot.

But IMO the team is clearly thin at fullbacks - this is the worriest part -, and I think we also lack another winger. We have no one similar to Douglas Costa. If he gets injured, we're fucked.

The sales of Cancelo, Kean and Spinazzola were disappointing, but it will be offset if the guys aforementioned keep their games up.

Biggest concern is reliance on injury ridden players. Douglas Costa has been regularly injured all his career. We have no backup for Alex Sandro and not only De Sciglio, but also Danilo has been also injured a lot. Not to mention Ramsey.

rainhard

May 5, 2004

This is how i did it,

De Ligt 10
Danilo 7
Romero 7
Pellegrini 7
Demiral 9
Ramsey 8
Rabiot 8
Buffon 8
64/8
AVG=8

Cancelo 2
Spinazzola 2
Kean 2
Audero 10
Sturaro 10
Orsolini 8

AVG=6

Perin 1
Pjaca 1
Khedira 2
Matuidi 2
Can 3
Mandzukic 3
Rugani 2

AVG=2

Grand Average

I'll round that to 6
The failed deadwood is to much downgrade, it is actually 7/10 mercato for you, because it is not Paratici fault they rejected the move.

De Ligt, Demiral, Romero and acquiring Rabiot and Ramsey for free (for this move only it can be 9/10 mercato for me)

I will give 7 rating because lack depth in fullback reason. I think this down to Sarri did not really rotate, so we pick as much players that can play in both side (MDS and Danilo). And we have Cuadrado as fill gap when needed

For selling department, we can offload some players, Perin, Emre Can (i think he will need playing time because Euro 2020 is coming) when winter mercato open

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Emre Can & Mandzukic left out of the Cl Squad, good play Fabio.
Emre cans versatility will be missed, Its a shame brainless engine matuidi was chosen ahead of him. I know matuidi and khedira started well but oh boy I hope they made the right choice. Ramsey hasn't even reached full fitness, may have been safer to put Ramsey in the knockouts. Bentancur chosen ahead of can in strange as well ,on paper all be it, i can see why though with the type of football we will play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Purchases and sales that actually happened were fine.

For me the inability to sell more players was the major disappointment.

I think to me will tell whether it all comes together.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Paratici doesn't know what he's doing!'

By Football Italia staff

Former Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli believes the club were wrong to dispense with Beppe Marotta and Max Allegri.

Marotta and Allegri played key roles in turning Juve into the dominant force they are in Serie A today, but the Old Lady have since promoted Fabio Paratici to the role of general manager, while ex-Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri is now Coach.

“Marotta knows what he’s doing, Paratici no,” Cobolli Gigli, who was patron between 2006 and 2009, told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“It’s well-documented that I don’t have great respect for Sarri, for his past statements.

“As a Coach I can’t hide he did well with Napoli and Chelsea, but there were other Coaches who could’ve replaced Allegri, Guardiola for one.

“I’m someone who doesn’t forget things. I remember Sarri’s statements and gestures.

“It seems to me that Sarri went too far and I don’t think he can change. He’s at a certain age.

“We’ll see what he does as a Coach. His [first] Press conference seemed well-constructed to me.

“it seemed to me that he’d forgotten everything he previously said. He wasn’t very coherent.”

The 74-year-old then reserved particular criticism for Paratici, accusing him of mishandling the Bianconeri’s transfer dealings over the summer.

“I think the problem with Emre Can stems from a bad transfer window overseen by Paratici. Marotta wouldn’t have overseen such one.

“Mandzukic and Emre Can can’t be excluded. Dybala was only included because they couldn’t sell him.

“Paratici and Andrea Agneli were wrong, the latter because he gave the former too much freedom.

“The players know that if they perform well, they can also find teams in January, perhaps more prestigious ones.

“Lukaku was a big setback. Marotta managed to fix the Icardi situation because he knows what he’s doing, Paratici no.

“I’d have preferred Allegri to stay, like Agnelli and Nedved had said. There was some miscommunication.

“I’d have preferred Guardiola or Deschamps. Ancelotti wouldn’t have left Napoli.”

- - - Updated - - -

STREET!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Dru

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

By Football Italia staff

Former Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli believes the club were wrong to dispense with Beppe Marotta and Max Allegri.

Marotta and Allegri played key roles in turning Juve into the dominant force they are in Serie A today, but the Old Lady have since promoted Fabio Paratici to the role of general manager, while ex-Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri is now Coach.

“Marotta knows what he’s doing, Paratici no,” Cobolli Gigli, who was patron between 2006 and 2009, told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“It’s well-documented that I don’t have great respect for Sarri, for his past statements.

“As a Coach I can’t hide he did well with Napoli and Chelsea, but there were other Coaches who could’ve replaced Allegri, Guardiola for one.

“I’m someone who doesn’t forget things. I remember Sarri’s statements and gestures.

“It seems to me that Sarri went too far and I don’t think he can change. He’s at a certain age.

“We’ll see what he does as a Coach. His [first] Press conference seemed well-constructed to me.

“it seemed to me that he’d forgotten everything he previously said. He wasn’t very coherent.”

The 74-year-old then reserved particular criticism for Paratici, accusing him of mishandling the Bianconeri’s transfer dealings over the summer.

“I think the problem with Emre Can stems from a bad transfer window overseen by Paratici. Marotta wouldn’t have overseen such one.

“Mandzukic and Emre Can can’t be excluded. Dybala was only included because they couldn’t sell him.

“Paratici and Andrea Agneli were wrong, the latter because he gave the former too much freedom.

“The players know that if they perform well, they can also find teams in January, perhaps more prestigious ones.

“Lukaku was a big setback. Marotta managed to fix the Icardi situation because he knows what he’s doing, Paratici no.

“I’d have preferred Allegri to stay, like Agnelli and Nedved had said. There was some miscommunication.

“I’d have preferred Guardiola or Deschamps. Ancelotti wouldn’t have left Napoli.”

- - - Updated - - -

STREET!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Dru
Actually I now feel more confident regarding Paratici.. C.Gigli is the definition of doesnt know what he is doing.. I dont understand how he got a job other than a janitor..

- - - Updated - - -

Cobolli-Gigli should never talk about Juve again. He's the definition of incompetent.
You beat me to it!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

By Football Italia staff

- - - Updated - - -

STREET!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Dru
:lol: He's saying all the same things we said :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)