vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This whole season is probably going to be a wash anyway. Who knows when this team will start firing on all cylinders with such a monumental shift in philosophy. Which brings me to another issue. If this club is in full support of the coach, to the point where they let go of arguably one of the top coaches in the world in the process, then I think it should be the club's responsibility to give him the players that he needs, not the ones that make the most sense on the balance sheet.
Well, the balance sheet is also the product of the last couple season worth of transfers so whatever was made this summer is also technically the product of a couple years I would think.

I agree there though, which is why I'm surprised they wouldn't give Dybala a chance with Sarri. Maybe he will end up staying, who knows.

easily the strangest summer I can recall supporting this club. Said it yesterday. With defense and midfield it felt genuinely that the club had structure and a plan. This thing with dybala blows that to smithereens.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
There is one very simple explanation for all of this: sell now or financial suicide / FFP problems later. And you can bet your house on it that this same issue is going to arise again in the not so distant future.
Other clubs know it & take advantage of it. As they should.

Cancelo: it's obvious that we were desperate to get rid of him. Ideally, we hoped to complete the deal before July 1st, but couldn't. Held out a few weeks longer to see if we could find more interested clubs. Apparently not, so the one club that does want to sign him has an extremely strong position to negotiate. Essentially, our need to get rid of him was bigger than City's need to sign him.

And from the looks of it, the Dybala situation seems similar. Although 75m wouldn't exactly be peanuts imo.
Then you don't make purchases instead of selling your best assets at half price.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Icardi is a player that keeps the ball for two seconds. Expecting him to transform our attack is delusional. Without creative support he is a liability. We already have players who can score but our problems are creating good enough scoring opportunities and players like Icardi are not the answer.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Sure, agree there. But do you actually take it personally too?

I agree certain things can be frustrating as with any club, but to say a guy should go to hell? LOL
I don't take it personally. He's not signing him to piss me off, or so i hope :shifty:

However, i do expect a compensation-pay of 50.000 a year as long as i have to watch Icardi in a Juve shirt.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't take it personally. He's not signing him to piss me off, or so i hope :shifty:

However, i do expect a compensation-pay of 50.000 a year as long as i have to watch Icardi in a Juve shirt.
:D

What if we won the CL this year with Icardi. Talk about mind games.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I think alot of this mess that Paratrici is trying to clean up started with Marotta. So many aging players were given contract renewals on high wages under Marotta.
- Khedira renewed until 2021 in September 2018 (Marotta);
- Mandzukic renewed until 2021 in April 2019 (Paratici);
- Matuidi didn't renew yet.

Paratici and Marotta are even in this matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)