vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
You just said yourself criticism was not having replacement for caceres and benatia and zero reinforcemnta for midfield.

So we got admiral and de ligt. Rabiot and Ramsey...for a total cost of 70 million for ALL players combined. So immiedialty that's great business and getting really good players.

So you would agree he got players for the areas we are weak in, but now your argument is dybala shouldn't be sold for lukaka. Dybala. A player who hasn't been relevant for 2 seasons for us. Aside from his harrick. In cl group stages last season. Do you remember a memorable run of games from him? I sure dont.
Demiral and De Ligt are great signings in terms of quality of the players, that's true.

Rabiot looks great when everything is OK, but has a pretty bad reputation, so now it's difficult to be sure that this is a really solid signing in the long run. As for Ramsey, however good he is (and he's really good when he's fit), his health issues make it impossible to be confident that this player will be really useful for the club. So, the midfield is maybe fixed, or not fixed at all. There's no way of knowing this with these signings. And this is very tiresome after all these years with constant problems in this area.

As for Dybala, I'm totally fine with selling him for decent money, or, say, swapping him for a superstar like Pogba (the midfield still needs him) or Neymar. But that's not what's likely to happen. Not at all.

Also, apart from those signings, the management already sold Spinazzola and Kean, two players who gave many hopes that this team has a bright future. Now there are way too strong rumors about Cancelo replacement with a worse player, and nobody can understand what is the logic the management use when picking who's next to be sold.

So, all in all, something is better, something might be better or not, and something looks worse. As a result, it looks like nothing changes in terms of the overall club progress. Add Sarri to this equation, and it looks even less promising.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our situation remind us the sacrifices that had to be made to survive serie B and calciopoli.
How and why we got in this situation?
How many years will it take to recover?
Are the sacrifices already made enough, nearly done, or merely the beginning?
Why are wasting so much cash and crazy salaries on new crappy players?
This situation will become the norm now?
I think that when the transfer window closes, we deserve a briefing.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Based on what?
Who said we were at all interested in Ndombele? We got Rabiot and Ramsey on a free and now Demiral who is the best young defender in serie a
where are you guys now from this guy?

lets wait till we sign lukaku.

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici is a mess and bad, but we should all be psyched about Sarri.

:rofl:
laugh more when we sign lukaku.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
You just said yourself criticism was not having replacement for caceres and benatia and zero reinforcemnta for midfield.

So we got admiral and de ligt. Rabiot and Ramsey...for a total cost of 70 million for ALL players combined. So immiedialty that's great business and getting really good players. But those transfers dont count be cause according to your argument , selling an irrelevant player is ruining mercato for us after all those important signings for the areas we are weak in

So you would agree he got players for the areas we are weak in, but now your argument is dybala shouldn't be sold for lukaka. Dybala. A player who hasn't been relevant for 2 seasons for us. Aside from his harrick. In cl group stages last season. Do you remember a memorable run of games from him? I sure dont.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Irrelevant for 2 seasons?

you missed all the games lol

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I'd also like to discuss this widespread opinion that Paratici does a great job with all these so called free signings. I totally disagree with that.

1. Ramsey got a very high salary he would never get here if he weren't so called "free signing". There was also a signing-on fee. So, let's not call this transfer free. It's not.

2. Rabiot got a very high salary plus 10-million signing-on bonus. That's not free at all.

Real "free signings" are Beppe's masterpieces like Pogba, Barzagli, Pirlo. Some of them weren't considered "free" but actually are much closer to this notion than those mentioned before.

Paratici just paid what he was asked for and what other clubs weren't ready to pay (and they had solid reasons for that, because both Ramsey and Rabiot have their issues), and threw a huge load on the salary budget. I don't see signs of great management here.

When he signed De Ligt, he also just paid what he was asked for. This player went to Juventus mainly because Barcelona and PSG refused to pay what Ajax were asking for. It looked like Juventus was just an afterthought and only money mattered (don't forget about that release clause rumors too).

So far it seems like all Paratici does is throwing money left and right in the amounts requested by the other party and without thinking about long-term consequences.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I'd also like to discuss this widespread opinion that Paratici does a great job with all these so called free signings. I totally disagree with that.

1. Ramsey got a very high salary he would never get here if he weren't so called "free signing". There was also a signing-on fee. So, let's not call this transfer free. It's not.

2. Rabiot got a very high salary plus 10-million signing-on bonus. That's not free at all.

Real "free signings" are Beppe's masterpieces like Pogba, Barzagli, Pirlo. Some of them weren't considered "free" but actually are much closer to this notion than those mentioned before.

Paratici just paid what he was asked for and what other clubs weren't ready to pay (and they had solid reasons for that, because both Ramsey and Rabiot have their issues), and threw a huge load on the salary budget. I don't see signs of great management here.

When he signed De Ligt, he also just paid what he was asked for. This player went to Juventus mainly because Barcelona and PSG refused to pay what Ajax were asking for. It looked like Juventus was just an afterthought and only money mattered (don't forget about that release clause rumors too).

So far it seems like all Paratici does is throwing money left and right in the amounts requested by the other party and without thinking about long-term consequences.
Sorry but free signing pogba cost us 27 mil. Ask raiola.
Also everyone thought of pirlo and barzagli as washed up players that's why we got them on a free and so cheap (baeza 300k I believe. )
In case of rabiot how much would we pay for him last year if he was under contract. At least 50 mil.?
How about Ramsey, would they sell him for 20 , seeing how their forum are bashing their management for losing him for free?
He even started for them until the end although he already signed for juve.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
He was good at talent spotting. He should have stuck to that.

That price for Kean....
Who is Everton’s sporting director? He’s clearly more talented at negotiations than Paratici

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Sorry but free signing pogba cost us 27 mil. Ask raiola.
That was not the cost of signing but the cost of selling. If he stayed here forever, Raiola would never see that money. But even when he did, they were compensated by Man Utd. So, it's not like Juventus went to -27 million dollars at the end of the story. They just got 70-something instead of 105.

Also everyone thought of pirlo and barzagli as washed up players that's why we got them on a free and so cheap (baeza 300k I believe. )
Yes. And that's where your manager's talent shines if you have it. You make decisions other people don't because they just don't see what you see. I'm pretty sure Paratici also played some role in those deals as a part of Beppe's staff, but there's a big difference between being the part of the team and the head of it.

In case of rabiot how much would we pay for him last year if he was under contract. At least 50 mil.?
Yes. And that's why he wouldn't be bought, because considering his toxic reputation, the club wouldn't be willing to pay for him that much.

How about Ramsey, would they sell him for 20 , seeing how their forum are bashing their management for losing him for free?
If the player is constantly injured and barely plays, even 10 millions are too much, not to mention the salary. But, of course, Arsenal fans are pissed. They already got him, so why losing him for nothing for they club? He had his issues, but losing him for free was too much indeed.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
That price for Kean....
Who is Everton’s sporting director? He’s clearly more talented at negotiations than Paratici
Hell any management are great in negotiating deals with us really.

I remember when rumors were out that we’re signing Higuain for 90 mil. Everyone in here thought that’s no way our management are that clueless but guess what happened !

Other than Pogba deal. Our guys always had buy high - sell low mindset.

By the way, anyone noticed that Raiola seems to love our management and always wants to deal with them, while almost every big club out there seems to stay away from him ! He truly knows how to toy with these guys and make a fortune out of it.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
That was not the cost of signing but the cost of selling. If he stayed here forever, Raiola would never see that money. But even when he did, they were compensated by Man Utd. So, it's not like Juventus went to -27 million dollars at the end of the story. They just got 70-something instead of 105.

Yes. And that's where your manager's talent shines if you have it. You make decisions other people don't because they just don't see what you see. I'm pretty sure Paratici also played some role in those deals as a part of Beppe's staff, but there's a big difference between being the part of the team and the head of it.

Yes. And that's why he wouldn't be bought, because considering his toxic reputation, the club wouldn't be willing to pay for him that much.

If the player is constantly injured and barely plays, even 10 millions are too much, not to mention the salary. But, of course, Arsenal fans are pissed. They already got him, so why losing him for nothing for they club? He had his issues, but losing him for free was too much indeed.
What was pogba's selling price again?
105, right so juve renounced some 27 mil.
I hardly call that free. You can make the case that he could never develop and stay here forever , but I can make the same statement in pirlo or barzagli's case.
Also you know that paratici was on board when we signed those too.
Also you didn't answer how much would rabiot cost if he would still be under contract like last year.You would think that psg would beg us to take him seeing how much they tried to make him renew.
Also in case of Ramsey, arsenal stupid management thought he is not wort 5.5 million a season and now they feel they shot themselves in the foot.Also seeing that he is always injured do you see arsenal selling him for 10 mil. When oxlade chamber... left for 40 mil. :)
But juve thinks he deserves so and only time will tell if they were right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)