vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The midfield has a huge improvement, to not call it significant is big understatement. Both of the midfield additions are better than every midfielder we had except for Pjanic. That's 2 starters, hardly an insignificant change.
Maybe we should wait to see that midfield in action? Calling it a "huge improvement" before even a single game has been played sounds a bit silly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The comments from Sarri about how he doesn't care about the transfer market and just lets someone else handle strike me as funny considering Chelsea signed his boy Higuian last year.

i bet it was part of his contract negotiations with the club. We offered him a chance to be here but Fabio Fica made it clear that there would be some conditions.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The comments from Sarri about how he doesn't care about the transfer market and just lets someone else handle strike me as funny considering Chelsea signed his boy Higuian last year.

i bet it was part of his contract negotiations with the club. We offered him a chance to be here but Fabio Fica made it clear that there would be some conditions.
I wouldn’t blame Sarri on this one. Dybala was one of the few players he mentioned in his first press conference.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Maybe we should wait to see that midfield in action? Calling it a "huge improvement" before even a single game has been played sounds a bit silly.
Do we need to see a full match to know Ramsey is probably better than Khedira? Or Rabiot is probably better than Matuidi?

If you need to watch a match to see this, you're a bit silly.

AllegriGOAT

Jul 30, 2019
I bet this is what Sarri wanted. He keep his mouth shut and let Paratici do whatever he want and when shit start to happen he'll say the players don't fit with his philosophy and blame the board for not get him the right players.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
problem is not that they are better and younger than Sami and Matuidi but with them and their wages you won't be able to get a better CM

We needed 1 of them not both.
I like Ramsey but 28years old and injury prone.
Would've skipped him over someone like Milinkovic or Pogba or someonelse

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I bet this is what Sarri wanted. He keep his mouth shut and let Paratici do whatever he want and when shit start to happen he'll say the players don't fit with his philosophy and blame the board for not get him the right players.
And at the end in that situation who will lose?Of course Juve.

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, we improved that atrocious midfield of last season, but that wasn't that hard. Now, i'm very impressed with what i've seen from Rabiot and i believe he will be massive for us. However, a midfield consisting of Pjanic - Ramsey - Rabiot is still too weak IMO (depending on what your targets are that is). As things stand now, we downgraded our fullbacks and improved our CB's (especially in the depth department). With the sale of Dybala and acquisition of Lukaku eventually happening, i we are also downgrading our attack. I don't believe we will make any big signings after we complete the moronic deals of Dybala and Cancelo.

Danilo - MDL(Bonucci) - Chiellini - Sandro
Ramsey - Pjanic - Rabiot
Bernardeschi - Lukaku - Ronaldo

This looks like a team Sarri would field in the early stages of the new season, and TBH it looks very underwhelming to me. 5/10 summer.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Let's wait at least a full summer before jumping into a conclusion. But after a bright start his latest decisions are head scratching.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Very anxious to hear all the bad rumours
I almost every hour refreshing this forum or football site expect to listen that we wont exchange Dybala with Lukaku and Cancelo with Danilo.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Do we need to see a full match to know Ramsey is probably better than Khedira? Or Rabiot is probably better than Matuidi?

If you need to watch a match to see this, you're a bit silly.
We have seen Khedira and Matuidi up close for years now, and I've seen more than enough of Ramsey and Rabiot. No question as to who are better.
See, I'll judge based on performances rather than "names". I am silly like that.

But if I had to take a guess, I would say a midfield of Pjanic, Ramsey & Rabiot is going to struggle quite often. Basically against every half decent opponent.
Then again, considering Ramsey's injury issues, we probably won't see that combination too often :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
yea surely he has been planning this since he signed the contract here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)