vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This was better than Netflix series. They actually tell things, rather than diplomatic/cliches. Paratici seems to like Pep a lot. Get him bro.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Paratici: ‘Allegri more flexible’ | Football Italia
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici explains Antonio Conte wanted “functionality”, while Max Allegri is “more flexible, he doesn’t have one system”.
The director was a big part of the Bianconeri revival, taking care of transfers along with Giuseppe Marotta.
The latter has now moved to Inter, with his protege responsible for the sporting area in his absence.
“I think we were very well matched, complementary,” Paratici explained to Sky.
“I’d deal with the purely technical side of things, the scouting, the relationship with the agents, identifying the players.
“Then there was a meeting with him, he’s a very knowledgeable person who knows football and knows the numbers really well, so he’d tell you how far you could go in a negotiation.
“The best thing is that we were so well matched. I carried things until the final stage, then he intervened with his experience and helped me make as few mistakes as possible.
“I think the toughest negotiation, overall, was the one for [Carlos] Tevez. He’s a player we contacted at the end of our first year [2010-11] at Juventus, when we hadn’t had a good season.
“We had to relaunch Juve and we contacted Tevez all the same, even though we hadn’t qualified for the Champions League. It’s hard to get the great players when you’re not in the Champions League.
“He said immediately though: ‘Yes, even if we are not in the Champions League, I will come to Juve’.
“The deal didn’t get done for other reasons, financial and so on, but we stayed in touch because it was always my objective to bring Tevez to Juventus.
“Conte and Allegri? The transfer market with Conte was down to a player’s functionality with respect to what he wanted him to do.
“That’s a legitimate thing, indeed it makes the job of those who are looking for players easier.
“Conte had a style of play and, quite rightly, we had to find players who suited a system.
“Allegri, in that sense, is more flexible. He doesn’t have one system, he’s more open and has more solutions. So the transfer targets are expanded a bit more.”
The Bianconeri’s big ambition remains to win the Champions League, having been beaten in the final in both 2015 and 2017.
“It’s our ambition, but not an obsession.”

- - - Updated - - -

Paratici: ‘Signing Ronaldo was easy’ | Football Italia
Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici reveals it was “quite simple” to sign Cristiano Ronaldo because “there was no real need to convince him”.
The Portuguese superstar joined the Bianconeri in the summer for €100m, a deal which stunned the football world.
There was skepticism when the Italian champions’ interest was first announced, but in reality the transfer was smooth.
“With Cristiano it was quite simple because he already had it in his head to come to Juventus,” Paratici told Sky.
“There was no real need to convince him. I think around May 25, after the Champions League final he decided. He said: ‘if there’s Juve, then I only want Juve’.
“When we met with [agent Jorge] Mendes to talk about Joao Cancelo he told me: ‘you won’t believe this, but Cristiano wants to come to Juventus’.
“I replied: ’it’s not that I don’t believe it, but it seems difficult to make everything fit’.
“President [Andrea] Agnelli is very present in our daily lives, because he’s always with us or at least reachable, so we can easily meet.
“We plan for days, but this wasn’t planned. I said to him: ‘there could be an opportunity, but it’s important you listen to me until the end’.
“When you turn up to his office and tell him you need to buy Cristiano Ronaldo… it was good sporting news, but then there’s the other part. He understood immediately though, and I realised he was already thinking along those lines.
“When I left his office I thought we could get there. Agnelli said ‘give me a day or two to think about it’, but he called me after three hours.
“To draw up all the contracts we rented a villa on Lake Maggiore for a whole day, with all the representatives of Juventus and the player.”

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don't like that our people keep saying that CL is not an obsession for us.
Milan made it an obsession to avenge for Istanbul - done; Real made it an obsession to finally win their Decima - done;
Bayern made it an obsession to forget the Chelsea fiasco - done.

Get fuckin obsessed already!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Milan made it an obsession to avenge for Istanbul - done; Real made it an obsession to finally win their Decima - done;

I think AA has declared CL being the goal and obsession several times

Max on the other hand underscores the importance of the CL, but not that it's an obsession

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

When something is an obsession, that's when stress levels go up and you fuck up.

It's true for everything. You need a balance in goal-setting. If your bonus is 20% of your pay or less, you see a small spike in performance. If it's more than that, you perform worse than without bonus.

5 times winner Ronaldo himself says it can't be an obsession.

I hope winning it at their stadium is an obsession for Atleti.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
When something is an obsession, that's when stress levels go up and you fuck up.

It's true for everything. You need a balance in goal-setting. If your bonus is 20% of your pay or less, you see a small spike in performance. If it's more than that, you perform worse than without bonus.

5 times winner Ronaldo himself says it can't be an obsession.

I hope winning it at their stadium is an obsession for Atleti.
I mentioned three instances of super clubs obsessing over CL and achieving it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)