vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Somehow, that's lost on some.
Could you or @dolph please list us his achievements across all competitions and the squad he had available during his 3-years reign at Napoli and the one year at Chelsea, aswell as the opponents which he knocked or/and knocked him out when his team started as favorites/on par?

I know facts or numbers don’t tell the whole story but maybe i am missing something and i’d gladly agree with you guys if i am proven wrong when saying he did at most what was expected of him for the squads he had available and by no means did he overachieve or fully meet expectations in any competitions other then the one season where Napoli pushed us to the last matchdays for the Scudetto aswell as the most recent EL win with a more than fairly equipped Chelsea side, and to be fair enough, i’d include eliminated by eventual CL winners Real Madrid in the ROof16 also to be considered as getting the max out of the resources available to him at the time.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Could you or @dolph please list us his achievements across all competitions and the squad he had available during his 3-years reign at Napoli and the one year at Chelsea, aswell as the opponents which he knocked or/and knocked him out when his team started as favorites/on par?

I know facts or numbers don’t tell the whole story but maybe i am missing something and i’d gladly agree with you guys if i am proven wrong when saying he did at most what was expected of him for the squads he had available and by no means did he overachieve or fully meet expectations in any competitions other then the one season where Napoli pushed us to the last matchdays for the Scudetto aswell as the most recent EL win with a more than fairly equipped Chelsea side, and to be fair enough, i’d include his UCL group of death 3rd place exit aswell as getting eliminated by Real Madrid in the knockouts also to be considered as getting the max out of the resources available to him at the time.
4902037A-4C1A-43EF-A60F-34CCFCF6DECF.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Really wonder what your take would have been if say Guardiola, Zidane or even Pochettino would have been appointed instead because from what i am reading here, other then the fact you personally like Sarri for a number of years now, to you he is also the best choice we could have went for and also a very good fit to this Juventus roaster despite realistically nothing truly recommending him to take on such a star-studded squad or even the challenge itself of winning on all fronts...We get it you don’t like Allegri and was fed up with him as many of us were but why the sudden urge to praise and defend Sarri at all costs despite doing basically nothing here yet to actually be worthy of it?

Also iggnoring the fact our previous coach had 3 direct years in which he went head to head with our current one and we all know what happened is definitely questionable to your assesment.
As I said I havde praised and defended him for 3 years so it’s not a sudden thing.

I would be happy with either one of Zidane, Guardiola or Poch. All quality coaches, who would do well here, but none of them were available in the summer.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I been praising Sarri for 3 years, calling him a top coach, based on the work he done in Napoli and partly Chelsea. For me he got the max out of the material he was given, which for me is the sign of a quality coach. My assesment of Sarri has nothing to do with our management appointing him.

I praised Allegri plenty just like I been critical of him, and I will do the same with Sarri.
Yeah about that... In Serie A he did well to push us till the end but in CL he really didnt meet expectations... Finishing 3rd, 6 points behind 2nd placed Shaktar, was pretty bad.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

I know facts or numbers don’t tell the whole story but maybe i am missing something and i’d gladly agree with you guys if i am proven wrong when saying he did at most what was expected of him for the squads he had available and by no means did he overachieve or fully meet expectations in any competitions other then the one season where Napoli pushed us to the last matchdays for the Scudetto aswell as the most recent EL win with a more than fairly equipped Chelsea side, and to be fair enough, i’d include his UCL group of death 3rd place exit aswell as getting eliminated by Real Madrid in the knockouts also to be considered as getting the max out of the resources available to him at the time.
It's been debated at length. Nothing new to add and can't be arsed.

And I didn't mean you specifically. But I read the same stuff everyday in every thread. It's mostly the jck, pi, dai, brutto, etc menopausal posters.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah about that... In Serie A he did well to push us till the end but in CL he really didnt meet expectations... Finishing 3rd, 6 points behind 2nd placed Shaktar, was pretty bad.
That had more to do with De Laurentiis and club and their Serie A only goal than Sarri.

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Let’s all agree to disagree, it’s perhaps an endless debate that won’t really lead to anything in the end as clearly our view of it despite being similar is however miles apart whereas certain facts remain and are there for everyone to see in the same way it remains to be seen how Sarri wil fare here, as is not a given he will fail solely based on his Napoli cycle just as is not a given he is the right man for the job here, just by the appointment itself.

Time will tell, but pointing out his past failures and appointment here is surely warranted, without taking anything away from the fact he is a top coach which obviously deserves his chance now that he is here.

Jun 6, 2015

And I didn't mean you specifically. But I read the same stuff everyday in every thread. It's mostly the jck, pi, dai, brutto, etc menopausal posters.
Well done :tup: The kind of petty remark that would sound stupid coming from a five year old let alone from an adult.

I've actually been cautiously optimistic on this season for a while now. That's the kind of incurable optimist I am when it comes to Juve. Still not sure he's what we need to make that final step and win the CL but we'll see how the season develops. It's still way too early to make conclusions one way or another.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

That had more to do with De Laurentiis and club and their Serie A only goal than Sarri.
I dont understand. They played with their strongest line up in CL. Surely they would have rested few key players against City, Shaktar so they would be fresh and motivated to perform against mighty Empoli or Sassuolo. But they didnt... :confused: They won grand total of 6 miserable points. Focusing on Scudetto argument is flawed anywho because no one in their right mind would sacrifice CL for possible Scudetto push, in autumn...Even the most ardent fans of Sarri need to accept that Napoli underachieved that particular season. Then they choked spectacularly after having one hand on Scudetto....

Nothing against the guy though, just pointing put the facts. ;)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I dont understand. They played with their strongest line up in CL. Surely they would have rested few key players against City, Shaktar so they would be fresh and motivated to perform against mighty Empoli or Sassuolo. But they didnt... :confused: They won grand total of 6 miserable points. Focusing on Scudetto argument is flawed anywho because no one in their right mind would sacrifice CL for possible Scudetto push, in autumn...Even the most ardent fans of Sarri need to accept that Napoli underachieved that particular season. Then they choked spectacularly after having one hand on Scudetto....

Nothing against the guy though, just pointing put the facts. ;)
I remember him resting players in 1 or 2 CL games.

You also have to take into account preparation and motivation. If club keeps repeating CL doesn't matter, Serie A is the goal, what does that tell the players?

I don't know what you mean by flawed. That small club minded narrow vision talk was mentioned plenty of times, their primary goal was Serie A and Serie A only, and that directive comes from the club/president, not the coach.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I prefer for allenatore that can maximize the player, turn them from raw diamond to world beater

Like what Sir Alex do with Man Utd, Neville brothers, Beckham,Scholes

That is why, it will be great if we can get Chiesa and/or Tonali. They are exceptional talents and the most important thing is both suit Sarri style

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)