Fabio Miretti (12 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He is young, will be inconsistent it's inevitable. But damn it's so apparent it's worth investing in this kid.
Also this game he just wasn't as flashy as he was before, but even this wasn't any flop worthy performance

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
he wasn't even that bad tbh. If you watch him off the ball hes always moving and making runs (99% of which get ignored/not spotted)

Even that tackle he made that he got a yellow on looked pretty clean. I also remember one switch he tried leading Cuadrado into that didn't work because Cuadrado didn't even make an effort to run into the space. That got scored as an inaccurate pass when it really wasn't his fault. He had other passes that were his fault though so im not saying he had a great game or anything, but he'll be fine.

Jun 16, 2020
I was really impressed with him. Forget the few mistakes he made and some easy balls that he lost. You have to look over that by these young players.

His movement was amazing in the first half. Kept finding space between the lines, one of the few players that made himself continuously available. Good job Fabio!

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
With Miretti's runs it's more visible on the TV how many 1-on-1s we would have if the team would have an ounce of split vision. Vlahovic keeps getting offside but it's not always apparent from the TV how he ended up there. Miretti's runs can be seen again, and again, and again, however, since he starts from a deeper position. I don't know how many goals the dude would score each game if Pirlo would put on his boots again. All the more reason why I want Fagioli to play instead of the other... stuff... we have. At least Paredes spots some runs occasionally, but seem to lack the precision and a bit too slow in noticing the opportunities (thus far at least).

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
With Miretti's runs it's more visible on the TV how many 1-on-1s we would have if the team would have an ounce of split vision. Vlahovic keeps getting offside but it's not always apparent from the TV how he ended up there. Miretti's runs can be seen again, and again, and again, however, since he starts from a deeper position. I don't know how many goals the dude would score each game if Pirlo would put on his boots again. All the more reason why I want Fagioli to play instead of the other... stuff... we have. At least Paredes spots some runs occasionally, but seem to lack the precision and a bit too slow in noticing the opportunities (thus far at least).
I think Paredes will start picking out more of the runs as he gels with the team, easy to forget hes only been here a minute, and he has already shown he has the range and isnt scared to attempt some longer passing

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think Paredes will start picking out more of the runs as he gels with the team, easy to forget hes only been here a minute, and he has already shown he has the range and isnt scared to attempt some longer passing
Seems very likely. He has been a lot better than I anticipated.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I love what Miretti does off the ball. No other mid we have makes as many smart runs. Makes me think he can even play as a SS. He’s still raw and will make mistakes especially defensively but what do you expect, he barely has any experience above serie C. Just let him play through the failure and he’ll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah thats the problem with playing Rabiot and McKennie with Paredes, you're basically just putting everything on Paredes since the other two couldn't spot a run to save their lives. Rabiot doesn't even look and mckennie couldn't accurately pass it even if he did spot one. Paredes needs to play with Fagioli and Loca imo. Rabiot can come on when they have a lead to protect.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Even though he took a heavy touch, I really liked his run off the ball in the second half from Bonucci's long ball. He timed it brilliantly to be our most advanced player, it's been a long time since we've had mids doing that.

He just needs to improve his composure in the box and his strength but it will come with time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)