Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Grosso has failed at every big club he's travelled to. That's not the case with the players you mentioned.

Even disregarding this stuff, Grosso is average defensively. The only thing he's got going for him is that he's quick with the ball and can cross. If you think such a player is an excellent left-back, then there's no point in me discussing anything with you.
Also, were roberto carlos, maicon or dani alves great defenders? Not particularly. They made their name doing more offensive duties. Im not sayin grosso is on their level, im just saying he would be an excellent addition if he could even partially give Juve the qualities as you say of 'only' being quick-footed and having a good cross.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Grosso will be a great signing for us. Not a faultless player, but I think he'll fit in (Ciro's system) very well.
Why the hell did you post something about Grosso in this thread...?! Oh wait...

Not sayin that Grosso is a dream signing.. but is there anything Grosso isn't better at than our current LBs? For such a low sum of money he will be a stable factor in our team, rather than a liability. I reckon it will be quite a difference on the left flank with him there.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
maybe i just want to see you youth come thru, but i still think DC has what it takes. then again, i have no issue with grosso playing and him getting the chances when grosso is rested. if we get grosso, we should push to offload molinaro.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
He has played in the CL already this season, has he not? So we cant use him there..
I think it doesn't matter if they play in the preliminaries, it counts if they play in the group stage onwards, then they become cup tied if they transfer to another team in January.:agree:

Both are sports but Juventus are not representing Turin nor are they a club that has players ONLY from Turin. Azzurri on the other hand is representing a nation with a selection of the best ITALIAN players. Juventus are a club, an organisation, a company call it whatever. They do have significance to the city they were founded in but they are not there to represent that city or town. They are there to compete in that sport FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. The national team competes in the same sport for the good of IT'S OWN COUNTRY.
Hey Jack. did you hear something about FIGC, trying to make clubs wear an extra patch that represents there city?. Cobolli Gigli said, that Juve will not wear the extra patch because it doesn't just represent Turin, it represents all of Italy and all the fans around the world. Just though i should mention that since you said something similar.:beer:

Any person who's a fan of the Azzurri and is not Italian.
I'm a proud Azzurri Fan Boy.:D and of Germany, France, The Ivory Coast, Russia, Serbia, England..etc. I just love watching great footballers play this beautiful game. and I love Juventus, and the Azzurri is practically all juventus:spliff: :beer: :bigscarf:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Hey Jack. did you hear something about FIGC, trying to make clubs wear an extra patch that represents there city?. Cobolli Gigli said, that Juve will not wear the extra patch because it doesn't just represent Turin, it represents all of Italy and all the fans around the world. Just though i should mention that since you said something similar.:beer:
Niice, respect to GCG :tup:

Aug 1, 2006
Thats mental. Firstly, I am italian i just don't live there anymore. Secondly, if i wasn't i would be merely a football fan who supports a team of his choice. Thats like saying if your not from Torino your a Juve fanboy. Football is a game, a sport, support the team you want. Whts the difference between a fan or a fanboy at the end of the day? Internet nerd terminology is the answer. Hundereds of million of fans round the world support many different teams they have no international association with and as far as im concerned thats fine.
damn you just made me check out the internet to find a fine difference between a regular fan and a 'fanboy' meaning :)
so, this is what i find
definition of fanboy
-A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.
-A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
-A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.
-An arrogant person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned. Fanboys usually acuse others of being fanboys.
-A person who loves something without question.
- Technocratic zealots
it did give a good laugh though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)