Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well anything is better than our current leftbacks bar zebinah.

Well de ceglie had a rough night indeed... all the crosses he did were very evry poor..... i dont know where his good crosses were. They were nothing in comparison with the ones he did on CL last term.

I think Grosso is an improvement.... is not saying much... but anyone who can do the job better than our current guys is a plus.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Grosso is certainly better than our left backs and our board confirmed we are in advanced talk for him
I guess we are going to sign him in the upcoming days

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's actually quite confusing and it's probably all in the translation there. Could someone who's fluent in Italian search the web for the quotes? :snoop:

I'm guessing the mercato will be over after Grosso, but I'm always open to surprises. :beer:
That's how I understand it at least.
Earlier we said there would be no more new arrivals, now Gigli is saying someone new might arrive after all. That someone being Grosso.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He has played in the CL already this season, has he not? So we cant use him there..
Lyon's only European games so far were against Anderlecht, no?

He was not called up yesterday and I don't think he played in the first leg either (not sure since I didn't see that one), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully. He will be a big help for us in that position. Lets just hope we get Criscito back in January or next summer.:xfinger: :beer:
That would be the best case scenario.
-Get Grosso now, take the maximum we can get from him and our current options.
-Sell Moli to Napoli, he is not needed, we have Grosso, DC, and Chellini, Caceres, Salih can also help at times.
-Then give some really chance to DC to prove if he is Juve material or not.
If he is, he gradually replace Grosso as a starter.
And if he is not, he will be sold too and permanently replaced with Criscito!

Hopefully, smth similar will happen in our right flank with Caceres too
and then we can sell Zebi or Grygera at x-mas/next season and fund his acquisition next year...

pavelnedy

Juvetus Lover
Oct 26, 2008
Grosso to Juve tomorrow Wednesday 26 August, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus and Lyon have hinted they will strike a deal for Fabio Grosso at tomorrow’s Champions League draw.

The Italian international has long been linked with a return to the peninsula and it seems the matter has come to a head.

“There is some distance between offer and demand, but we are evaluating the situation,” confessed Bianconeri President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

In France there are reports Olympique Lyonnais patron Jean Michel Aulas has said there will be a crunch meeting between the clubs in Montecarlo tomorrow.

All of Europe’s top sides will be present for the Champions League group phase draw and it is the perfect opportunity to complete negotiations.

Grosso was left out of the squad that thrashed Anderlecht 3-1 last night, qualifying 8-2 on aggregate, so he will not be cup-tied for Juventus.

If he does arrive in Turin, it means Juve will have three-quarters of the expected Italy defence going into the 2010 World Cup with Fabio Cannavaro, Giorgio Chiellini and Grosso.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
WC 2010 is going to based heavily around Juventus:

--------------Buffon----------
Zambrotta-----Cannavaro----Chillieni------Grosso
--------------Pirlo------------------
--Camo-----De Rossi-------Gattuso/Marchisio--
---------Amauri------------Rossi/Del Piero/Cassano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)