Fabiano Santacroce (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2009
I apologise if there is already a thread but I couldn't find one.

Santacroce would seem to be a great signing for Juve and he shouldn't cost too much. With Chiellini staying the too of them in defence would scare many opposition players. They are both really tough players, but I checked Santacroce's record and he only has 1 red card in his career, so he wouldn't be a liability at the back.

Santacroce doesn't get forward as well as Chiellini but he is still growing and improving defensively.

With Grosso all but signing the Juve back 5 could be

______________Buffon____________
Grygera_Santacroce_Chiellini_Grosso

which definately looks a lot stronger than last season.

There is news on the Grosso and Santacroce deals at http://www.worldfootballhere.com/search/label/Juventus

There's some footage of Santacroce on there, though he's playing against Juve this time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I'd sign Santarcoce right away if I had the chance. He can learn alot from Canna and will soon replace Legro.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Santacroce would be a great addition, but i would personally prefer a RB,
as i see this being our priority!

Since Knezevic, Andrade and Mellberg left, i believe there is now space for a new CB, to join, along with Canna.
Our board said that Ariaudo was only held to gain exp.
he will probably, be used enhanced role, to cover both his role and Knezevic's.
As the reserve CB.
Canna will be our new starter and that would mean that we only have one first rate CB to step in, if any of Canna/Chiellini wont be available.

However we can postpone this acquisition for one more year, when Canna and Legro will be one step closer to retirement and probably wont fit enough to start every game...

On the other hand, our need for quality starter on our right flank is urgent.
Zebina is not a reliable solution and Grygera is simply not good enough,
we have seen enough to know this by now!

Strategically, Santacroce's transfer would make great sense, considering his age, quality and potential. But tactically, he is not such a priority...

xkorpyon

Jan 13, 2008
IMO I think that we will need without a doubt a CB, but we should wait at least another season to see who develops better...Santacroce, Bochetti, Zapata and Kjaer...

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Santacroce would be just perfect. Canna will play when we need experience and Santa will play when Canna needs to be rested. Santa can play as a right back too, so if all of our right backs are injured we will have an extra option. i have read some reports that they don't consider him as a starter in napoli for next year. So it will be a easier to sign him. With him and a good right back we will be ok. then a good left back and maybe a new mc will give us something more...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Santacroce would seem to be a great signing for Juve and he shouldn't cost too much. With Chiellini staying the too of them in defence would scare many opposition players. They are both really tough players, but I checked Santacroce's record and he only has 1 red card in his career, so he wouldn't be a liability at the back.
Are you sure about that? I think he has a pretty high red card rate, especially with the Azzurrini.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Getting him nothing but a plus, but FYI he is very unpolished, was very erratic last season, blended good performances with a long line of ill disciplined and shocking ones. Nothing close to his first season of pure excellence. And no, the dude has more then 1 red card, this season alone he has like 2-3.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Santacroce started off the game looking like a bit of Paolo Montero with his inciting and off the ball nonsense but then he settled down and looked inspired. He showed great strength and pace, but perhaps even more impressive for me was his tackling.

If he can deliver performances like that consistently, he could well, along with Chiellini, ensure that for the next decade or so have world class CBs.

He can play right/center back (Mellberg type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)