Exchange Almiron-Stendardo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2008
Rumors of last hours declares possibiel an exchange Almiron-Stendardo. Teh first has not been redeemed by Monaco, team to which Juventus has given on loan. He is waiting to know his destiny, because he is not part of Raneiri projects. The manager, instead, believe that Stendardo, is the good alternative to Chiellini and Legrottaglie, above all for the fact that the central defender , has still played with bianconeri for half season. Almiron could come back to play in a reality less competitive than Juventus one, and could find the right motivating force.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
yousef_s_e
May 21, 2008
  • Thread Starter #5
    me 2 ,,, stendardo showed that he is a reliable player + this transfer saves some cash to use it in the weakest positions in our team ( cm , dl ) and some good backup players

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't like either player.
    Neither do i.

It will look like we're paying 9m euro for Stendardo (who'll be our 4th or 5th choice CB) because that's how much we payed for Almiron less than a year ago.
    I prefer selling Almiron. There must be a Spanish mid table team ready to offer some 5m euro for him.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    I like this deal.

Almiron is about as useful to Juventus as a CM as I would be. Which doesn't say much. His resale value is in the toilet.

Stendardo is a serviceable CB, who is not a Zapata or Carvalho by any means, but not a significant downgrade on Barzagli, and for under 9m euro (Almiron is maybe worth 5), the price is right.

This means more resources can be devoted to Grosso/LB and a star quality CM (Deco/Lampard/Xabi/Other)

OP
    yousef_s_e
    May 21, 2008
  • Thread Starter #12
    I like this deal.

Almiron is about as useful to Juventus as a CM as I would be. Which doesn't say much. His resale value is in the toilet.

Stendardo is a serviceable CB, who is not a Zapata or Carvalho by any means, but not a significant downgrade on Barzagli, and for under 9m euro (Almiron is maybe worth 5), the price is right.

This means more resources can be devoted to Grosso/LB and a star quality CM (Deco/Lampard/Xabi/Other)
    thats my opinion tow but we should replace ( maybe exchange molinaro and zebina ) to finalize our defence upgrading

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Why Juve fans want to see Stendardo wearing the Bianconero shirt next season, I will NEVER get. Totally senseless and nonsensical.

Probably the same ones who are saying the world will end if we sign Senderos who is easily the superior player (who I dont want either, mind you).

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    And then trade Stendardo+Legro+Andrade for a world class, reliable defender, much better than Mellberg to partner Chiellini in our defense and keep Mellberg and Criscito as back ups.

10 middle class sub defenders < one world class starter

OP
    yousef_s_e
    May 21, 2008
  • Thread Starter #16
    Why Juve fans want to see Stendardo wearing the Bianconero shirt next season, I will NEVER get. Totally senseless and nonsensical.

Probably the same ones who are saying the world will end if we sign Senderos who is easily the superior player (who I dont want either, mind you).
    thats because we lost faith in the management in signing someone like zapata or any other good defender ,,, soo for me stendardo is good because he is at least proven and ... soo what u know is better from what u dont know ... and i dont think you will be happy if secco sign someone like molinaro once again and destroy our defence

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Proven what? He is proven in being unreliable and error prone low level defender.

Why dont we get Cribari while at it? Lazio has like the second worst defence in the league, and terrible defenders like Cribari leading them. And this oh so good defender was considered better then Stendardo.

OP
    yousef_s_e
    May 21, 2008
  • Thread Starter #19
    That wasn't the stupid part i was reffering to.
    It's stupid to offer the better and the more expensive player of the two + cash in order to buy the worst of the two.
    i didnt mean almiron + cash for stendardo
    i meant they give us cash + stendardo for almiron

Thunderball

May 4, 2007

Its not (at least for me) that Stendardo is a superstar, he's not. He's a serviceable defender, that with time and experience, could continue to improve, with experience in Italy and Juventus, and may come very cheaply (in exchange for valueless deadweight).

Senderos is more than likely another Boumsong... lots of potential, but lacks the focus to put it all together day in and day out. Those guys get picked apart in Italy.

I don't think the board has the ability to get a top class CB, LB and CM, as well as Amauri. Thats why Stendardo isn't a bad move, because between him, Mellberg and hopefully a healthy Andrade... there's hopefully enough decent players there to partner with Chiellini. LB and CM are much bigger priorities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)