[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
My ratings for the game :

Storari - 6.5 : Solid as ever when called up, I like how confident he is in goal, seems to me much better than some people around here gave him him credit for, more I see of him more I think this is one awesome signing by Marotta.

Motta - 7 : Had a super game offensively, need`s a bit of work in defense but I think he`ll improve that aspect as he plays. Best signing so far.

Bonucci - 6.5 : Impressive, what i like about him is that he is a good distributer of the ball, him and chiello will make for a great defense.

Chiellini - 6 : Lost his man a couple times on set pieces, maybe just needs some more time to get in his zone.

De Ceglie - 5.5 : Okayish performance, I think this kid plays rather timidly, needs to break free and play confidently like his performance against meelan a few seasons back.

Pepe - 6 : Mixed, mostly good, wth some not so good moments in between. I think he`ll do well here, puts in alot of effort and running which we`ve been lacking for a while.

Marchisio - 6.5 : Nice game, needs a bit more match readiness, liked the way he controlled the tempo around the midfield.

Sissoko - 6 : If only this guy could pass better, what a mid he`d be. Good game winning back the possesion tho, him and claudio complement each other well, wonder where Melo fits in??

Lanzafame - 5.5 : Some good bits of play, will only get better with experience, looked much better when shifted to the right.

Diego - 6.5 : Creative force in our team, need to work and improve his finishing. Also dont we have anyone else who can take a crack at direct FK`s?

Amauri - 7.5 : MOM performance, lots of running, getting into spaces, nothing like the Amauri of last year. Needs to keep this up, good to see him scoring with his feet :p .

Subs :

Martinez - 4.5: Largely missing, TBH i guess he needs time to settle in a bit.

Del Piero - 5 : Still rusty, bear in mind last few seasons Ale`s started slowly, actually hitting form after 4-5 games in. Would have been nice if he`d buried that pass from Pepe.
What a ovation when he came on.

Ekdal : NR

Gigi Del Neri : Has the team looking composed and organised, everyone seems to be aware of their roles and seem to be sticking to it,
I think we`ve probably make more sucessful passes in preseason than the whole of last year . lets hope for more of this.

What we need pronto is a top quality LB, and a LW. Of all out siginings so far, I think its just Martinez whose got me sitting on the fence till now, lets hope i`m wrong.
BTW : Poulsen in the stands and Trez on the bench, Is this a sign??

"From one of the so called Guru`s at VS , this guy was convinced about Krasic coming so dont consider this info a done deal :

Dzeko ours for 29 mil + Poulsen
Ballerina to Atletico for 5.5 mil
Trez to Valencia, Dzeko to sign for 5 yrs with us (50 mil buyout clause)
Spalleti trying to get Iaquinta at Zenit - 9.5 mil + bonus
Krasic signed for Fener - 16 mil , wage - 3.5 mil"

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Decent game last night. Considering how we're still in preseason, I can't be disappointed with what I saw. Even though there were quite a few negatives as well.

Not entirely sure about the formation though. With Diego still dropping back, I fear that our single striker is going to be impossible to reach half of the time. Especially when playing against good teams.

Kudos to the Ramshack Rockers as well. They played pretty much how I expected, but that's not an easy thing to do when you go a goal down within minutes.

Storari 6 - Not much to do, looked confident enough.
Motta 6,5 - Promising. Better 2nd half than the 1st. Nice assist as well.
Bonucci 6 - Decent game. A few small troubles, but that is to be expected.
Chiellini 6,5 - Also a few small difficulties, but anticipated quite well most of the time.
De Ceglie 6 - Exceptionally good at times (mostly in the 1st half, always providing options on the left), the usual at other moments.
Pepe 6 - Did his job.
Sissoko 6,5 - Bossed the midfield, pretty efficient. Looked like he had some fitness troubles in the 2nd half though.
Marchisio 6 - Slow start, got better as the game went on. Silly yellow card though, as usual.
Lanzafame 6 - Got his chance & tried to make the most of it. Lacking end product.
Diego 6 - The most eye catching player out there, but not the best. The usual impressive work rate & he's always available to receive the ball. Sadly, this is coupled with some annoying ball hogging & overcomplicating the simple things. Crap dead ball delivery as well.
Amauri 7,5 - Credit where it's due. 1st half wasn't that great, despite the cool finish. Brilliant 2nd half.

Martinez 5 - Uninvolved.
Del Piero -
Ekdal -

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
can you tell me when rovers cheated please ? it was a fair game ref was decent apart from 2 things, we should have had a penalty in second half when chillani completly took out Tommy Stewart (i think, not sure) and in the last few minutes when number 2 off juve punched Chris Turner in the face definitly should have been sent off bad decision !
Bayly cheated, but then he has always been a little cunt so that didn't surprise anyone. Watch that Chiellini 'foul' again and you will laugh at yourself for even mentioning it, just because your fans were appealing for every throw in like a baying mob it doesn't make every bit of contact a foul. Motta punched Turner in the face? :lol: This isn't even real life you are talking about here.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
no i dont want you to feel sorry, i am proud to be a fan of shamrock rovers i am proud to be a season ticket holder i am proud to donate money into OUR club every month, i am just saying if i was manager of juventus i would have a long think before the game on thursday because this game is not over at all, i would also sort out the back 4 apart from chelleni they were terrible against (by your high standards) a bad side !
I don't agree at all to be honest. As far as people talking about your chanting, you have to remember that not a lot of people on here (this is a forum for Juve fans around the world, many of whom do not speak English as a first language) are from the UK and Ireland so maybe would take your sarcastic chants as a direct insult.

Apr 15, 2006
I think some of you seemed to have taken us the wrong way,makin fun of us because you won 2 nil.our cup final was against the israelis.this was a bonus for us and a great occasion.take the piss all you want but our fans grew up around the same place and we had no choice but to support rovers,its in our blood.im sure most of you wont understand this but anyway..was a good match i thought.you deserved it obviosly.the big greasy chap was your best player,lovely header for the 2nd.
anyway most of you seem sound,except for that alen cunt who makes fun of a little kid behind his computer and the scottish chap who doesnt even support juve probably needs to get laid more often,other thn that its cool.
hope to see most of you in italy(probably not tho i expect :))
Shamrock is a local club with local fans. Juventus is a club with fans all over the world. The ones who are not in Italy and can't make it to the stadium are the ones who post here. I'm sure most of you hoopers don't understand this too!

Now jog on!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Shamrock is a local club with local fans. Juventus is a club with fans all over the world. The ones who are not in Italy and can't make it to the stadium are the ones who post here. I'm sure most of you hoopers don't understand this too!

Now jog on!
I don't think he gets it.

Juventus: 180 million fans worldwide (estimate)
Population of Italy: 60 million
Population of Turin: 0.9 million

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
mate there were some times where i laughed and noticed the sarcasm, such as when you boys chanted youll never play for rovers to del piero...quite funny :lol:

but same of juve always cheating for no reason was stupid, remember it was your poor sportsmanship that turned the match from one in good spirits to perhaps a more angry affair.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Decent game last night. Considering how we're still in preseason, I can't be disappointed with what I saw. Even though there were quite a few negatives as well.

Not entirely sure about the formation though. With Diego still dropping back, I fear that our single striker is going to be impossible to reach half of the time. Especially when playing against good teams.

Kudos to the Ramshack Rockers as well. They played pretty much how I expected, but that's not an easy thing to do when you go a goal down within minutes.

Storari 6 - Not much to do, looked confident enough.
Motta 6,5 - Promising. Better 2nd half than the 1st. Nice assist as well.
Bonucci 6 - Decent game. A few small troubles, but that is to be expected.
Chiellini 6,5 - Also a few small difficulties, but anticipated quite well most of the time.
De Ceglie 6 - Exceptionally good at times (mostly in the 1st half, always providing options on the left), the usual at other moments.
Pepe 6 - Did his job.
Sissoko 6,5 - Bossed the midfield, pretty efficient. Looked like he had some fitness troubles in the 2nd half though.
Marchisio 6 - Slow start, got better as the game went on. Silly yellow card though, as usual.
Lanzafame 6 - Got his chance & tried to make the most of it. Lacking end product.
Diego 6 - The most eye catching player out there, but not the best. The usual impressive work rate & he's always available to receive the ball. Sadly, this is coupled with some annoying ball hogging & overcomplicating the simple things. Crap dead ball delivery as well.
Amauri 7,5 - Credit where it's due. 1st half wasn't that great, despite the cool finish. Brilliant 2nd half.

Martinez 5 - Uninvolved.
Del Piero -
Ekdal -
I like your ratings Buck.

However Diego did not ball hog last night at any point, his set-pieces sucked alot but he was far from a ball hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)