[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (111 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I want to see more of Martinez. Hasnt been able to show himself yet, but he looks like a composed player with ideas. He has an excellent touch which implies there is more to him.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Amauri:

Pepe:

Can't draw too many conclusions based on this match though. The opponents were rubbish and we all know Amauri shines against those teams. Will be interesting to see how well he does this season against real opponents though.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Storari 6
Motta 7
Chiellini 6
Bonucci 6
De Ceglie 6
Pepe 5.5
Marchisio 6
Sissoko 5
Lanzafame 6.5
Diego 7
Amauri 7.5

I think Lanzafame might be a surprise this season
I would like to see more of Pasquato as I think he has potential (I remember seeing him a season ago or two seasons ago don`t remember exactly)

This is our 1st match so I won`t judge now but Pepe didn`t impress me at all regarding to our wingers Pepe or not Pepe we need a great winger! one who can dribble and cross

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I really don't think we need Dzeko. He would be an upgrade but I don't see the point in spending 30m on him when we have 5 forwards who can get the job done with good service. Krasic, a left back and a backup centre back should be our priorities.

Too harsh on Pepe. I cant help thinking i'm reading some predisposed opinions towards him.
Agreed. He had a fine game.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I really don't think we need Dzeko. He would be an upgrade but I don't see the point in spending 30m on him when we have 5 forwards who can get the job done with good service. Krasic, a left back and a backup centre back should be our priorities.

Agreed. He had a fine game.
Do you think the directors see the need as we do? :D If we don't sign a creative midfielder this summer I will just cry all year.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
:lol:at the Irish commentator who kept saying Amauri would be happy with his competitive début
:lol: And he says at the end of the game the third goal killed it for Shamrock :shifty:

Great workout against easy opposition :vinny:

Though I didn't appreciate posters refering to Shamrock as Irish cunts, call them cunts all you like but don't bring their Nationailty into it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Do you think the directors see the need as we do? :D If we don't sign a creative midfielder this summer I will just cry all year.
I hope they do. So far Del Neri and Marotta have shown that they have a pretty good idea of which areas of the team need strengthening.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Did I hear correctly that their supporters where chanting "You'll never play for rovers" to Del Piero? :lol2:

Good first game for us. I really liked Amauri and Motta tonight. Pepe's first touch is horrendous though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)