[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (107 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Every game is a potential banana skin, unless we are well prepared, have at least a few of our best players fit, and collectively determined.

i am looking forward to this game, though I wont be able to watch it, and will be forced to use you folks as my eyes when I wake in the morning and find out what has happened...

What is the likely line up????

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Line up not known at the moment.
Cheers for letting me know there is no need to wade back through these pages, mr A...and yes, i'm getting ahead of myself, we are many hours from kick off, but i just really wanna fucking KNOW...hohooho!...as does everyone else I suppose...who will be our starting Xi for our first competitive game of this new dawn of Juve.

I guess all we can do is work on what we know from the friendlies, and of current fitness...or wait it out.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
At least we are in a better position than Liverpool...Hodgson is looking at lining up with a starting XI lacking almost all of his star players.

Liverpool (4-5-1, possible): Cavalieri; Kelly, Skrtel, Krygiakos, Agger; Amoo, Spearing, Lucas, Aquilani, Jovanovic; Ngog

I hope he does well, unless that is, we meet them later in the tournament, then i will hope he gets mauled by a lion during the first ten minutes of the match. and gerrard gets shot by a sniper...before finally, torress succumbs to Ebola during half time.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Juventus

Storari

Motta Bonucci Chiellini De Ceglie

Pepe Marchisio Sissoko Lanzafame

Amauri Diego​

panchina: Manninger,Grygera,Martinez,Trezeget,Del Piero,Poulsen,Ekdal

Shamrock D. 4-5-1

Mannus;
Silves,Price,Mmurray,Stevens;
Chambers,Turner,Stewart,Rice,Dennehy;
Twigg​

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Juventino[RUS];2610347 said:
Storari
Motta - Own goal man - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Pepe - Marchisio - Sissoko - Catania
Diego
Trezeguet

please:shifty:
It should be written as:

Storari
Motta - Own goal man - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Our worst signing so far - Marchisio - Sissoko - Martinez
Diego
Trezeguet

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
First official game of the season, nice and early, hopefully a good showing and well deserved win. Good stuff, glad we're back in action already, i have missed being able to watch Juve during the summer break even after such a shite last season, FORZA JUVE!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
At yesterday’s press conference in Tallaght Del Neri seemed businesslike in an underwhelming sort of way but there is clearly an element of bravery too, for it seems unlikely that he will start tonight’s match with club captain Alesandro Del Piero on the field, something the former Italian international striker, sitting immediately to his right, didn’t seem entirely thrilled about.

Del Piero described games like this as “pure football” and said he was excited by the prospect of being involved.

Asked why this wasn’t enough on its own to merit the player’s inclusion, Delneri, who said just after his recent appointment that keeping Del Piero and Gianluigi Buffon at the club was important from “an image standpoint,” replied that every player was passionate about games and that he would make his decision on who to start here shortly before kick off.

He was pressed too on why he had left Fabio Grosso, Mauro Camoranesi and Felipe Melo back in Italy and said it was for “tactical” reasons while Nicola Legrottaglie, like Vincenzo Iaquinta, is injured.

The explanation was quietly accepted by a travelling press corps whose demeanour suggested they might be keeping their powder dry.

For all their problems, Delneri’s side possesses a fair bit of firepower and the much travelled coach had better hope his strikers aren’t doing the same this evening.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0729/1224275693551.html

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Michael O'Neill, the manager of Rovers:

I think we have a group of players here that are capable of ruffling a few feathers in the Juventus team and who knows what will happen on the night. I think the atmosphere [of playing against Real before a year] helped. Familiarity of having done that will help them to a certain point. You obviously respect the opposition, and you respect what they've done in the game. But it doesn't over-awe you and obviously affect your own game. In my own mind I'm clear about what we need to do. Our preparation has been concentrated on us, looking at the positive side of our games and making the players aware of the positive side of our games and that's where our focus will be.
Rovers midfielder Stephen Rice:

We've just got to go out and enjoy it. Last year when we played Madrid, it's like one of those things when you say your never going to get the opportunity to play against these players again. Little did we know 12 months later in Tallaght that we were going to have an even bigger game in my view because it's a competitive game and there's something to play for.
Bookmakers William Hill have put the Dublin squad at 8/1 to cause a shock and clinch the game, and 12/1 to be the only team to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)