[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
How good are Shamrock Rovers? I don't know Irish football, should we be worried at all?
A team like Juve should have no problem at all against a team like Shamrock Rovers. It depends on how Juve approach the game though. I have no doubt that we'll go through but if the players go into the game thinking that they just need to show up to win, they'll be in for a very rude awakening. Rovers will be really up for it, especially in the home leg where they have great vocal support. They did well in the last round. Winning in Israel is no easy feat. Juve should win easily over two legs though.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Storari - Motta, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Grosso - Pepe, Poulsen, Marchisio, Martinez - Del Piero, Trezeguet

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Storari - Motta, Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Grosso - Pepe, Poulsen, Marchisio, Martinez - Del Piero, Trezeguet
You would think that with the amount of money we have spent, our team would actually be better than last season..

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Great team :tup: To bad Del Neri will field a 4-4-2 and drop Camo and Gio for Pepe and Martinez

How good are Shamrock Rovers? I don't know Irish football, should we be worried at all?
That team could finish second comfortably :depressed

Yeah see what I said at the top of the page, or what Adrian said below,

Bottom Line: It's 11 V 11, The biggest game in the Shamrock Player's lives, be complacent and it will be tough.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I don't think that we can be worse, or can we? :boh:
we cant i think. This season we bought a few of medioce players again, but new defenders are youngs and persceptive. Our defence will be better than last season, + Juve will buy another left-back. I still we'll get classy winger.. :)

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
lets compare and contrast our squad during 09/10 and now

we have lost
Chimenti
Molinaro
Ariaudo
Cannavaro
Caceres
Candreva
Paolucci

we've brought here:
Storari
Bonucci
Motta
Pepe
Martinez
Lanzafame
Ekdal*
Pasquato*

one thing is for sure.we haven't weakened our squad.and remember its still the 24th of July.

except from Candreva and maybe Caceres(although we replaced him nicely him motta) i wouldn't like any of those who left us back...

our signings so far are not world class but we MUST admit that we have improved from last season.

not to mention that now we have a proper coach,managing director,chairman.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
You would think that with the amount of money we have spent, our team would actually be better than last season..
I think he is being rational. We have added depth thus far, but haven't gained much in terms of quality, with Bonucci @ CB being the notable exception.
So the team is better than the one last season?
That is debatable. Time will tell. Results and performances will prove whether we are indeed better or not ;)
I don't think that we can be worse, or can we? :boh:
What's this got to do with Shamrock Rovers?
i think those are enough.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
A friend has pretty much guaranteed me a ticket :weee: Just need to find out some information about parking and what not because im not familiar with the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)