[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2009
that just proves my point, most off you lads are not proper fans you'se are football supporters
How many people do you think are out there in the world who have put themselves into debt saving their local club?

You make it sound like everyone and their uncle is doing something so foolish.

Also, I'd say you got the fan and supporter thing mixed. You're definitely supporting that club if you've put yourself into debt over it. No one here's done that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
ok lads when you guys put yourself into debt for life to save your football club you can call yourself fans, when you lads take out 2nd and 3rd mortgages to save your club you'se can be called fans when you lads work 17 hours day to save your football club you can call youself fans, has any off you lads done that ? has any off you lads card 17 hours a day ? lucky luke you are an absolute arsehole ! you told me juve WILL win 5-0 against us so called lesser opponents ! you wer lucky to win 2-0 pal get over yourself
That means you can only be a fan if your clubs is in dire financial straits?

My club is better run than that and various members of my family are shareholders.

Are we not proper fans because our club isn't completely broke?

SRFC-HOOP

Jul 26, 2010
there is alot of teams that do this, this is the great thing about supporting smaller clubs its like a big family who will always be there, i personally have not put myself into debt as at the time i could not afford to do it, i was just about able to get 10 euro a week to see them, my father did and i donate money monthly to our great club

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
that just proves my point, most off you lads are not proper fans you'se are football supporters
I've had this discussion with fans before, and it's a mundane one. It was Newcastle fans I believe, those who's whole life is taken up by supporting their club. Some people prefer to do other things with their time than become totally enveloped in their club, that's their choice. What qualifies you as a great fan? By spending thousands watching your team? Do you see it as a badge of honour because you have nothing else to do with your time? That is up to you, but don't look down on other people just because you choose to spend your time that way.

Personally speaking I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years at my local club Coventry, but I am probably not going to get one this year because that is my choice, looking at it objectively, I will go to many games but at this point want to spend my time doing other things as well. If people don't see me as a proper Coventry fan anymore I don't care, it doesn't lessen my support, the opinion of others matters little. If you don't go to every away game you are seen as a lesser supporter, I wonder up to what point do you need to qualify to be a super fan? Buy every shirt, short and socks including the goalkeepers? Get a tattoo of your teams emblem inked onto you? Perhaps you score more points if it's on your face?

In case you are wondering I am Juventino through family but it's also my choice to follow this team, I could quite easily not do that, but because I don't spend every weekend, hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of pounds per year travelling from Coventry to Turin don't start taking some kind of moral high ground on what makes a supporter. I make a couple of games per season, but I could make more if I wanted to take my whole weekend up with football and put my time and money into that. You are a local fan who supports your team, that's fair enough and great for you, but you have no idea what it means to follow anyone else. If you or your family moved to mainland Europe or North America or Australia and you couldn't go to most games does that mean you are not a proper Shamrock supporter anymore? Of course there will be people here with varying degrees of allegiance to Juventus but I'm really tired of this 'I'm a better fan than you' argument, it is a source of pride for those who put a lot into their team but nothing more.

SRFC-HOOP

Jul 26, 2010

My club is better run than that and various members of my family are shareholders.

what i was trying to say was that fans are prepared to do this for their clubs, and have and will, im saying many on this forum wont even go to a game never mind donate money into there club, therefore are not fans but they are supporters of juve

SRFC-HOOP

Jul 26, 2010
Personally speaking I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years at my local club Coventry, but I am probably not going to get one this year because that is my choice, looking at it objectively, I will go to many games but at this point want to spend my time doing other things as well. If people don't see me as a proper Coventry fan anymore I don't care, it doesn't lessen my support, the opinion of others matters little. If you don't go to every away game you are seen as a lesser supporter, I wonder up to what point do you need to qualify to be a super fan? Buy every shirt, short and socks including the goalkeepers? Get a tattoo of your teams emblem inked onto you? Perhaps you score more points if it's on your face?

i understand this and i myself do not travel to all away games as i have other commitments and i believe more important commitments, i do have a tatoo but that was my choice i have many tatoos of things i believe are important to me, i myself dont have a jersey, but as i said before many people here are supporters of juve not fans !

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003

It seems I have to spread some reputation around before +repping Red again. Slow down with the good posts, damn it.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
the game was good,the fans chants not a big issue,happens at only the best places and the worst
yeah it was a big match for shamrock rovers,but they did nothing to deserve a match against juve,it was just juve having a bad season and having to pay for it...

but i think even the shamrock rovers playing XI have moved on with "we had a match against juventus!" phase and sadly a few of their fans can't...

did someone nuke that shamrock rover fan? i liked his "scratching the nails on the board" attitude..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
what i was trying to say was that fans are prepared to do this for their clubs, and have and will, im saying many on this forum wont even go to a game never mind donate money into there club, therefore are not fans but they are supporters of juve
i understand this and i myself do not travel to all away games as i have other commitments and i believe more important commitments, i do have a tatoo but that was my choice i have many tatoos of things i believe are important to me, i myself dont have a jersey, but as i said before many people here are supporters of juve not fans !
Wow I can't believe that I was defending the Rovers fans earlier.
Thats low of you to come on this forum and assume that you can all us all not fans :tdown:

I live on the other side of the fuckin planet, I don't have to go to every game to prove that I'm a fan.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I feeling like a fan even i never been at Juve game. Juventus is my lifestyle, in Lithuania we even have our fan site, it is very small country but we love Juve and live with this. I thinking about Juve every minute and i doesnt feel im supporter, im huge fan of Juventus. Forza Juve Per sempre. :bigscarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)