[Europa League] JUVENTUS vs Lech Poznan (Sept. 16th 2010)) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It obviously is Hoori but this is Juventus, challenging on all fronts is nothing new. Using injuries & saying the EL is a mickey mouse cup is a pathetic excuse.

If Juve actually win it, i could bet my house that everybody here would immediately give the competition more respect.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
We really need to do well in europe, be it EL OR CL. This club needs a massive positive media boost. Potential players could see that the club can still be among the best in europe & it wouldn't be such a schlep to try & convince them to join the club.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I want Juve to go as far as possible in the EL but our main objectivity is and must be getting a CL place. Fulham didn't get one last season.
Why everyone's worry? It's not like we can't play two games in 1week.

This is Juve people, relax, fatigue will not hit the team. If a player can't play 180min per week then he shouldn't be playing for Juventus. Very simple.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It obviously is Hoori but this is Juventus, challenging on all fronts is nothing new. Using injuries & saying the EL is a mickey mouse cup is a pathetic excuse.

If Juve actually win it, i could bet my house that everybody here would immediately give the competition more respect.
I already respect EL. I'm dying to see Juve doing well in a European cup after God knows how many years but all I'm saying is that I don't care about it as long as we are doing well in the league.

Why everyone's worry? It's not like we can't play two games in 1week.

This is Juve people, relax, fatigue will not hit the team. If a player can't play 180min per week then he shouldn't be playing for Juventus. Very simple.
It's not fatigue I'm worried about. It's the team's depth. We have a pretty decent team which is capable of doing well in the league but our second choice team is far from it quality-wise especially in defense.

Sure, I'll celebrate every Juve win in the EL but I don't mind even if we are eliminated at early stages.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I always knew you strike from behind but blind women are a new low, even for your standards.

Exactly, like we've been winning every damn trophy available. This genius forgets we haven't lifted any silverware for a good five seasons.

So how did Fulham have the depth to compete in the europa league & end up in the final? Their team is by far inferior to ours, player for player.

Chiellini getting injured is bound to happen, that's why other defenders were signed as cover.Same goes for any other player.

So because injuries might occur, Juventus should not compete in the europa league? Juventus should not compete in the europa league because the money is not good enough?

You really are a piece of work, really.

english teams are used to play a crapton of games, alot more then we have in italy.
they are used to this

about the injuries, fatigue is a major reason why muscles are more prone to torn when put preshure on, like a tackle. it allways has an effect
also, more games, is statistically more chance to get injured

to conclude, its a known fact after an european match there is additional fatigue because of the trip etc, and this causes a loss of points often

we simply cant have that.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I already respect EL. I'm dying to see Juve doing well in a European cup after God knows how many years but all I'm saying is that I don't care about it as long as we are doing well in the league..

I'd rather have this team end up in 5th spot, not qualify for CL & win the EL. I wouldn't place a CL spot as a priority over winning actual silverware.

english teams are used to play a crapton of games, alot more then we have in italy.
they are used to this

about the injuries, fatigue is a major reason why muscles are more prone to torn when put preshure on, like a tackle. it allways has an effect
also, more games, is statistically more chance to get injured

to conclude, its a known fact after an european match there is additional fatigue because of the trip etc, and this causes a loss of points often

we simply cant have that.
They play in the EPL, FA Cup, CL/EL & League Cup, one competition more than Italy, that's a pretty poor excuse considering a team like Fulham that was dumped out of the FA & League Cup early on.

You could play two games & still get injured, you could be on the pitch for 2 mins & get injured, that is part & parcel of the game.So because injuries might occur, we shouldn't compete in the EL? So shouldn't we also just scrap playing in the Coppa Italia? Considering it's of less prestige & could result in unnecessary injuries? We need to play in europe be it CL/EL to generate income & gain much needed media focus, to expose the team as a brand.

Yes playing many games tire players but thats why a its a team sport. Emphasis on team here. Substitutes are there to relieve tired players & that's why we buy players to cover different positions.

That's such a weak excuse to use, this is a professional club, the players are professionals & they can handle playing more than one match a week. We have a team of medical experts to handle issues such as injuries.You make it seem like this is a amateur team playing in Serie C, with only 15 professional registered & 8 semi professional players.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
One would think the prize for winning the europa league consists of a years supply of bananas & bubble gum, followed by a trip to nigeria with the negativity surrounded by it, regarding some members here.
I just saw this. :lol:

BTW, totally with you on everything else you said.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
the same seasons that we set a record high on muscle injuries due to fatigue, making us fail the scudetto 2 seasons ago ?

we DONT have the bench to carry international competition
we ARE NOT inter, who can lose any 3 players and still keep winning in serie a if they didnt had a shitcoach like lolbenitez

what if chiellini gets injured for months against salsburg ? DO you have ANY idea how our defence looks without him ?

what if melo and krasic get kicked of the field ? both out 2 months ?

if any of the above two happens (like it did the last 3 years in simular ways) i want YOUR smartass reaction that euroleague was worth it.
Yeah because injuries can't happen in Serie A or in training and professional footballers don't have what it takes to play two games a week.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm surprised how both of you clearly underestimate soccer fatigue.

an european game in lolrussia, isnt a cuppa game against a closeby team.

it means a long flight, long intensive game, flight back, not mentally fresh for the weekend game against a lower team, or clearly tired because of travelling.

There is a reason why its so hard to win the league and in europe, its because you get importand, intensive games the entire season and ur playing twice a week, also the entire season.

seriously, if you cant believe the above, shut the hell up about it cause obviously you dont know a thing about it.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I'm surprised how both of you clearly underestimate soccer fatigue.

an european game in lolrussia, isnt a cuppa game against a closeby team.

it means a long flight, long intensive game, flight back, not mentally fresh for the weekend game against a lower team, or clearly tired because of travelling.

There is a reason why its so hard to win the league and in europe, its because you get importand, intensive games the entire season and ur playing twice a week, also the entire season.

seriously, if you cant believe the above, shut the hell up about it cause obviously you dont know a thing about it.
So your closing argument is shut the hell up?

Seriously?

Really?

That's the best you can use to counter my argument?

So lets say we do qualify for the CL, should we not compete in it because of your lame argument? What it boils down to is your dislike for the EL because we both know you wouldn't bring up this shitty excuse if we were in the CL.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So your closing argument is shut the hell up?

Seriously?

Really?

That's the best you can use to counter my argument?

So lets say we do qualify for the CL, should we not compete in it because of your lame argument? What it boils down to is your dislike for the EL because we both know you wouldn't bring up this shitty excuse if we were in the CL.
Dear Byrone,

It has come to my attention that you may in fact need to shut up.

Yours truly,
Cameron

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dear Cameron,

Your gynecologist called & wants her menopause pills back.

Regards

Byrone
Why? Couldn't she just get her own? And if she gave them to him in the first place, wouldn't she think he needed them? If she asks them back now, it's as if she thinks she has made a mistake and that he doesn't need them at all, because he isn't in his menopause.

I think you may have been stupid here, Byrone.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As long as this competition doesn't interfere with Serie A I'd like to do well in it, but it seems that teams are really treating it as a chance to rotate even if they do still want to win, so it's clearly not a priority. Not at this stage anyway. If you get through the group, that's different.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's not fatigue I'm worried about. It's the team's depth. We have a pretty decent team which is capable of doing well in the league but our second choice team is far from it quality-wise especially in defense.
Our second team;

manninger
grygera legrottaglie rinaudo traore
lanzafame sissoko aquilani martinez
iaquinta amauri

Yeah that has some shortcomings :p

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Why? Couldn't she just get her own? And if she gave them to him in the first place, wouldn't she think he needed them? If she asks them back now, it's as if she thinks she has made a mistake and that he doesn't need them at all, because he isn't in his menopause.

Not my fault you have no sense of humor at all.

Seriously why don't you get some dust, throw it in the air & your invisible friends would be far more visible, after the dust settles.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Exactly. He is an idiot. And so is my gyno.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not my fault you have no sense of humor at all.

Seriously why don't you get some dust, throw it in the air & your invisible friends would be far more visible, after the dust settles.
Well, wouldn't they be less visible once the dust settles? :bianconero:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)