[Europa League] JUVENTUS vs Lech Poznan (Sept. 16th 2010)) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
Are you kidding? how can you possibly assume this team not conceding?
The problem's been issued and it's obvious that the only solution for any fluent 4-4-2 to work is aquilani-marchisio which won't work bcuz it will be consistently interrupted due to injuries/disqualifications so
The solution -as ugly as it seems- is Red's: sitting way back with two DFs, sending long balls to strikers in hope of free kicks or moments of ingenuity from DP.
Where did I assume they wouldn't concede? It's more of a hope of winning without conceding

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Let's be brief: absolutely dreadful game, fair result. I saw a lot of positives against Samp, very few last night.
The team, just like most of the forum, completely underestimated the opposition. That's how it goes, I guess.

Manninger 5 - Very insecure.
Grygera 5 - Mediocre.
Legrottaglie 5 - Mediocre.
Chiellini 8,5 - Massive game at the back, covered for everyone. And decisive up front.
De Ceglie 5,5 - Mostly decent.
Krasic 6 - Dangerous but sloppy.
Sissoko 6 - At times amazing, at other times rather poor.
Melo 5 - Liability.
Lanzafame 4 - Poor.
Del Piero 7 - Sloppy, slow, selfish. But decisive.
Iaquinta 4 - Poor.

Motta 4,5 - Didn't do enough with the space he was given. Overall poor positioning.
Pepe 5 - Very little impact.
Marchisio -
selfish?

who do you suggest he pass to in the final third?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
2nd goal of lech...this is unthinkable...4 players just stood there and enjoyed the set up like it was a movie..
The big mistake was by Legrottaglie for that goal.

He went diving into a challenge and missed it, which allowed them in behind the defence.

Other things could have been done better, but Legrottalie's mistake was the main one.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The big mistake was by Legrottaglie for that goal.

He went diving into a challenge and missed it, which allowed them in behind the defence.

Other things could have been done better, but Legrottalie's mistake was the main one.
Good catch. ;)

I thought not many noticed this.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Rudnevs fucking owns, a hattrick against Juventus is going into the history of Latvian football for sure. Pahars scored one against United (a good one though :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIbHTHq87o), Verpakovskis a beauty against Real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALNDthuaJ4), but this performance by Rudnevs beats them all. At this form he should walk straight into starting line-up for Latvia.

As for the game, as long as we sort the shit out in Serie A, I couldn't care less about results in Europa League, as we won't have a shot at it anyway. I'd gladly see Rudnevs kicking Juventus out of this competition to be honest :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
There isn't a point in playing an aggressive attacking game with central midfielders like Sissoko and Melo. It would probably be more prudent, as ridiculous as it sounds, for this club to just sit back against Lech and hope they do some foolish things while attacking us. Since it's apparent we cannot create anything unless Del Piero has a free kick or he's running at the defense, all the energy lost in trying to complete simple passes is not worth it. Instead, we should just blast the ball forward to Del Piero and Amauri and make sure they try to win as many freekicks as possible. Have Sissoko and Melo only operate in our half of the field, instructing them to boot the ball as far as they can. At least with this we know that stupid turnovers won't hurt us and the Lech won't be able to run at our central defense with their mighty attackers.

As you can see, I have given up all hope on us playing any meaningfully positive football against anyone. The system and players we are stuck with will simply not allow it, unless somehow Krasic, Marchisio, Aquilani and the recalled Giovinco can magically kick the side in the ass, moving the ball around with pace and a clear objective.

DC was the worst of the worst tonight, along with Lanzafame coming closely in second. Sissoko would be right up there with them if it wasn't for some good defensive pressure in the second half, as everything else he did was either pointless or gave Lech a free lunch at the Four Season's on a tight budget. Even with his defensive pressure, we still gave up three goals to Lech, so he isn't doing much to change my opinion that his destruction in midfield is actually against our own team. The only players that deserve any praise tonight are the usual suspects Del Piero and Chiellini, along with the enigmatic Krasic. Everybody else should probably take a hike from the team. The problem is that even Lech wouldn't buy some of these guys.

If the obvious problems are not sorted out soon, the frustration will build and we will be off to a head-start on last season's death spiral. The team needs some good results under its belt FAR MORE than time to gel, as one of our biggest problems is that we have little confidence and heart as a team. We need results NOW. There isn't any time left to screw around if we want to build a winning mentality for the rest of the season.

Manninger - 5.5
Grygera - 5
Legro - 5
Chiellini 7.5
DC - 3.5
Krasic - 7
Sissoko - 5
Melo - 5
Lanzafame - 4
Del Piero - 7
Iaquinta - 5
Motta - 5.5
Pepe - 5
Marchisio - NA (I would rather have him be invisible on the pitch than have to count the mistakes of Melo and Sissoko)
100% agree...

also, who would believe that Chellini would be more of an offensive threat than Lanzafame ??

More wasted money....

Juve struggled to get a draw against the WEAKEST team in the group and one of the WEAKEST teams in the whole comp!
yeah, that about sums things up

We are a disgrace... This is truly embarrassing

Sack everyone, the club and management needs to go back to the people that made this club great and knew how to achieve success
I have Moggi on speed-dial, hopefully Andrea does as well !! :p

A really disappointing result but rather than being so negative, i try to keep get the positive from this result.. Our players attitude that can come from behind in the last 2 matches is better than last season, we can score lot of goals, DC is injured so he won't played in Sunday against Udinese that have Sanchez as RW, The problem in defense exist and appear since season start so Marotta better realize this thing and start scouting on defender especially fullbacks then try to sign the players in January, Also i hope this game make DN realize he can't play Melo alongside Momo, it must either one of them..
and what might that be...that we didnt lose ???

At least Del Neri is aware of the weaknesses unlike Zacc and Ranieri who would have said "we showed character"
no difference, same results

Welcome to Humiliantus FC, Source of absolute disgrace. Where shit happens.
:)

This touches on a point I've been wanting to bring up. I don't think Del Neri's 4-4-2 is going to work with this team given the players available. The central midfielders require different attributes, mainly consistency and tactical solidity (Sissoko?!), and the back line requires compactness and teamwork. Given our fullbacks, this is never going to happen.

It's widely regarded that the days of 4-4-2 are over given the dynamism of more complicated modern formations. A good coach can play a variety of formations depending on which one highlights the strengths and masks the weaknesses of the team at his disposal. Del Neri seems to want to shovel the team into his one and only system regardless of whether the player's attributes fit it or not. Worrying days ahead.
I agree

2nd goal of lech...this is unthinkable...4 players just stood there and enjoyed the set up like it was a movie..
all 4 should be sold....no fucking excuses !!!

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
01/10/10 UEL Manchester City vs Juventus

04/10/10 SEA Internazionale vs Juventus
Hopefully Juve could take the opportunity to get good results against a stronger opposition so early in the season. Juve will get a huge morale boost if they do, and that will help them in their campaign for a top four finish.

:sergio:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Rudnevs fucking owns, a hattrick against Juventus is going into the history of Latvian football for sure. Pahars scored one against United (a good one though :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIbHTHq87o), Verpakovskis a beauty against Real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALNDthuaJ4), but this performance by Rudnevs beats them all. At this form he should walk straight into starting line-up for Latvia.

As for the game, as long as we sort the shit out in Serie A, I couldn't care less about results in Europa League, as we won't have a shot at it anyway. I'd gladly see Rudnevs kicking Juventus out of this competition to be honest :D
I hope he does'nt going to score against us in the Euro qualifiers (israel)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Since when do we give a crap about this euroleague ?

the objective is finishing third, and not get more injuries or fatigue.

in that regard, it was smart of del neri to experiment a bit with some players who didnt play competitive this year yet like legro, and try out how melo-sissoko works out.
also he could see how iaquanta's form is progressing.

consider it a friendly match, where del neri saw what he needed to see to prepare for udinese.

we'll win from udinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)