[Europa League] JUVENTUS 3-1 Fulham (Mar. 11th 2010) (14 Viewers)

2010-03-11 Juve-Fulham Man of the Match

• Manninger

• Zebina

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Salihamidzic

• Poulsen

• Marchisio

• Candreva

• Diego

• Trezeguet

• Camoranesi

• Iaquinta

• Sissoko

• Zaccheroni

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
i remember 10 years ago or 12 when we last played in this competion, we were kicked out by Celta viego, what was the score back then 4-0 ?
That's correct, it was in the 1999-2000 edition of the Uefa Cup. We won our home game 1-0, but we were humiliated away, we lost 0-4, with an aggregated score of 1-4.

Deja vu in the midst, against Fulham?:shifty:

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
That's correct, it was in the 1999-2000 edition of the Uefa Cup. We won our home game 1-0, but we were humiliated away, we lost 0-4, with an aggregated score of 1-4.

Deja vu in the midst, against Fulham?:shifty:
To be honest back then we had a much better overall team with a much better coach and managment.

Damn you Mcarthy , not sure about the spelling though

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Watched few games for fulham this season and in a way there are similarities between them and cagliari IMO. Both Very organized teams with decent managers. Can trouble any team on their day.

Hope we win this game but i won't be surprised if they knocked us out of the competition. 10 years ago that thought would've been a joke but not today....

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Zolly's Euro Dream

Zoltan Gera is expected to partner Bobby Zamora in attack against Juventus in the first leg of the last 16 of the UEFA Europa League on Thursday night.

The Hungarian is clearly looking forward to challenging one of the giants of world football in Torino and spoke of his desire to repeat another sensational result on the European stage.

“It’s a very good opportunity for us to play against one of the best clubs in the world,”
Gera explained.

“We are very happy to be at this stage, playing for a place in the Quarter-Finals. It’s very good for the supporters and the Club.

“I like to watch football in general so I know Juventus and the players. I watch a lot of games from the Italian and Spanish leagues so there won’t be any surprises because I’ve seen them a few times.

“They have very talented players, especially up front with players like Del Piero and Trezeguet. They are good defensively and offensively but hopefully we can do a good job on Thursday night.”

Fulham will return to the Cottage next Thursday for the return leg and when questioned whether playing away first hands Fulham an early advantage, Gera preferred to focus on the fine performance Fulham gave the last time they made the trip to Italy.

“I don’t know if there’s any advantage playing away first,”
said Gera. “Normally it’s better to play away from home in the first leg. Hopefully we can just get a good result in Torino and give ourselves a good chance to go through at the Cottage.

“There will be a big difference between Shakhtar Donetsk and Juventus. We played against Roma twice and played very well and hopefully we can do the same against Juventus and get a result.”

Fulhamfc.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We are in deep shit.

Sissoko and Marchisio might miss this one...De Ceglie still in pains.
:shocked:

Melo is already out, if these two are aswell..

Of all games.. against the fast and physical team we're gonna have to play people like Brazzo in our midfield.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Its on ITV4 UKers

----

Whats wrong with Momo & Marchisio?

I just read on Juve's site that PDC is good to go against Fulham?

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Camo - Poulsen - Candreva
Diego
Trez - Ale​

Is Camo fit to play? It's a bit quiet around him.

Or why not go nuts and field:

Poulsen - Candreva
Camo - Diego - Iaquinta
Trez​

With our defence, especially without Chiellini, we probably need a midfield that's more capable of covering defensively though.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Its on ITV4 UKers

----

Whats wrong with Momo & Marchisio?

I just read on Juve's site that PDC is good to go against Fulham?
De Ceglie might be ok but who cares about him now.

Sissoko has a muscle fatigue and he worked only in the gym while Marchisio has throat problems or something. Both are at rist apparently.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
They say he can't really play 90'

De Ceglie - Poulsen - Sali

:shifty:
:scared:

We might aswell not show up. PDC's pace can't do any harm really, but Brazzo really tends to disappear, which we can't have against a fast team, in our current state.

A left side of Grosso and PDC, pure football poetry. :sergio:

Atleast Cáceres is back, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)