[Europa League] JUVENTUS 1-1 fiorentina (March 13th 2014) (22 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Latest probable lineup:

Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Isla, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente.

:tup:

Forza Juve!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Good line up, though I'd start Osvaldo instead of Gio. Llorente and Gio as a combo just look like they'll struggle to score goals. On tends to drift wide and the other can be way too selfless for our own good. Osvaldo is a little more direct as a player in that regard.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Not having much to play for in the league. I think they could still fight for third and the CL. And where he said we have bigger targets than them. it's true we do, but I think it sounded a bit condescending in the way he said it. The only reason I think this, is coz Montella has been showing a lot of respect to Juve in the press, and despite the rivalry, he's not let it affect his admiration for our club.
i understood it as viola will have more desire since they are not realistically playing for 3rd and this competition is their season, our difficulty lies in us going for it on 2 fronts.

May 22, 2013
Not good to miss Tevez, he would be nice to have on the bench, if the game proves to be more difficult than expected. I guess that means Giovinco will start - hopefully he can play as good as last time, would also be a great match to get a nice performance in order to boost his confidence. I would like to see Osvaldo pair with him, not that Llorente hasn't been good enough, but i really liked the chemistry between Gio and Osvaldo. Furthermore, Osvaldo seems to be quite motivated and pretty good finding space in the box. Hard for Conte to choose here, since both Osvaldo and Llorente would be a good choice, providing different optios for the team....

Also, i really, really hope Isla will continue his upward sloping curve of form - and if he can be just a little more cool in the box, picking the right passes or shoot with determination when the opportunity arises, i would be one happy camper :)

Can't wait! Serie A hasn't really been that nerve-wrecking since the Roma game, but this is make it or break it in only two matches, so a bad day can kill us, even though we are the better team.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Caceres-Bonucci-Chiellini is a bit worrisome assuming Chiellini is probably going to be a bit out of form.

But I might question Fiorentina's ambition in this matchup. They are not exactly in the clear for next year's EL qualification, perhaps they'd be wise to concentrate on the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)