[Europa League] fiorentina 0-1 JUVENTUS (March 20th 2014) (6 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Asamoah

• Pirlo

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Isla

• Tevez

• Llorente

• Osvaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ropey start where Juve didn't react well to Fiorentina pressing and trying to force a high tempo, with Juve making poor errors. Juve them calmed down, took control and played a pretty decent game.

They may not have been cutting Fiorentina open, but they were in control of the game and consistently getting into good situations. It was largely down to poor decision making from Juve that so few clear chances were created.

But the concentration and intensity was good and Juve didn't look like giving Fiorentina chances after that opening burst.

Was interesting how Fiorentina shaped up. I'd assumed it would be 3-5-2 from the players they picked, but it was a back four and Vargas trying to beef up their midfield. That worked okay in as much as it was hard for Juve to find time and space in meaningful areas, but Fiorentina's system severely restricted Cuadrado's attacking opportunities. I'd have wanted to give him more freedom and see if he could get the chance to use his pace on the break as Juve pushed up looking for a goal.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Was Andrea testing the wall with the initial run up I wonder? To see whether or not they would jump or stay static?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Does winning the EL give you the same ammount of coefficient points as winning the CL? If I remember, EL games and CL games have the same value in UEFA's retarded system.
Winning the games themselves gives you the same points.

I believe there are bonus points giving for moving through the rounds in the CL in addition to those standard points, though.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #458
    Apparently Pirlo told Ambrosini not to look because the ball was going into the net. :lol:

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #460
    When another player during his time at meelan was gonna take a free kick instead of him Pirlo told him...I didn't tell you I was gonna take it, I ordered you to let me take it. :D

Pirlo> Chuck Norris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)