[Europa League] Benfica 2-1 JUVENTUS (April 24th 2014) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
At least you guys will know the outcome first. I'm taping the match and wont be home til 1:00am of the next day.

Imagine being :scared: all night long not knowing what happened.
I know that feeling.I could turn to my phone internet for the result but I dont want to disturb my watching so I dont do internet,papers,friends ....,

- - - Updated - - -

And it depends how Conte prepares the team.And he usually prepares excellent the players.He is maybe stubborn with his tactics but his match preparation are world class.I think that he went already 100 times across the possible game.Also we usually play good in big matches.Just concentration and determination.And yes fit Vidal will surely kick their asses.I really think that he is fit and that we will see good old warrior Pardo there.Also I will start with Pirlo not with Claudio.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
When I have a good feeling about a match we usually end up in trouble and I have a good feeling about this one. Actually I am quite confident that we are going through to the final but only to lose there. It's actually a dilemma now, I cannot be wrong on both encounters .... mind is almost getting blown.
I feel like we'll lose in the final, too. That would be a little heartbreaking.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We lost too many finals.Last one against Milan on penalties back in 2003 still hurts me bad.Now is our time Conte not to be Lippi as a coach who lost three finals.
I think three.Dortmund final was under him coaching us.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Didn't that happen to you for that Galatasaray game that got postponed? :D
I watched 3 games this season on tape as I couldn't catch them live, not knowing their results beforehand. Fiorentina in autumn, Parma in autumn and Galatasaray away. Yeah. Not doing that ever again.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I watched 3 games this season on tape as I couldn't catch them live, not knowing their results beforehand. Fiorentina in autumn, Parma in autumn and Galatasaray away. Yeah. Not doing that ever again.
I never get to see weekend evening games unless I take a sick day. :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We lost too many finals.Last one against Milan on penalties back in 2003 still hurts me bad.Now is our time Conte not to be Lippi as a coach who lost three finals.
I think three.Dortmund final was under him coaching us.
We got screwed over by the ref in the 2nd leg against Madrid in 2003, that yellow to Nedved was an absolute joke and the ref knowing that he was one away from suspension should never have given it. And lo and behold the thing we were lacking in the final was Nedved's pace out wide and energy, and that creativity of his.

There is not a doubt in my mind, we would have scored at least twice against Milan with Nedved in the side, we were so brilliant in the run up to that final.

- - - Updated - - -

We're actually very good in Europa/UEFA cup finals. Our record is 3-1 (as opposed to 2-5 in UCL finals). If we get to the final, there is not a doubt in my mind that we shall win it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We're actually very good in Europa/UEFA cup finals. Our record is 3-1 (as opposed to 2-5 in UCL finals). If we get to the final, there is not a doubt in my mind that we shall win it.
i think only Bayern lost as much finals as we did. if we had won 2 more no one would point out to us saying we are bad in Europe.

and im confident we will win the EL this year. then, in a few years, the CL also. i know we will. i trust this coach and management, they have the right mentality, and they are making us stronger every year in each aspect. we just need to have a little more patience :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i think only Bayern lost as much finals as we did. if we had won 2 more no one would point out to us saying we are bad in Europe.

and im confident we will win the EL this year. then, in a few years, the CL also. i know we will. i trust this coach and management, they have the right mentality, and they are making us stronger every year in each aspect. we just need to have a little more patience :D
Benfica is 2-5 in UCL finals also. But they are also 0-2 in Europa finals. Combined is 2-7.

Combined European finals, all inclusive, we're actually 9-6. If we throw the Intercontinental cup in there we go to 11-6. 11-6 in International Club Competition finals is a pretty good record in my books.

Mar 4, 2007
Benfica is 2-5 in UCL finals also. But they are also 0-2 in Europa finals. Combined is 2-7.

Combined European finals, all inclusive, we're actually 9-6. If we throw the Intercontinental cup in there we go to 11-6. 11-6 in International Club Competition finals is a pretty good record in my books.
Post more often bro.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My point is that we don-t have to watch games with every team we play, on the tactic side there are a lot in Juve-s stuff to do this. Besides that in Portugal only 3 names are known in Europe, their championship isn-t that great as we assume
Then why ridicule people if they actually either a) like the Portuguese liga and see Benfica games (they're the most commonly covered), or b) bother to show enough curiosity to back up what you say with something more than a couple of YouTube scouting videos?

It's not like we're saying they're a bunch of retards who religiously watch only Man United matches.

Juventino[RUS];4515374 said:

Benfica's fans :scared:
Praça Marquês de Pombal can get crazy. But how Benfica lost the championship last year was bordering 5/5/2002 for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)