[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
My insights:
1- Very Good result....
2- The team is starting to adapt to 3-4-3, but we are way far from excelling in it.
3- Del Piero was our link today. He connected all our lines together and produced some very genuine performances. He created the first goal, and assisted the second.
4- We suffered alot in the counters, and this was not because of the 3 men defenders, rather our DMs were skinned easily which caused out defense line to get stretched.
5- We are damn lucky not to conceded from the shot that hit the woodworth :D
6- Amauri proved today that all he needs is service. He might not be the best forward in the world and he might not be as lethal as Trezeguet, but he is definitely not a bad player as some have described him.
7- Zacch did something today that was dangerous yet needed (although i would have definitely done it in a different way). His shift from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2 was good but the way was not as good. Taking off Amauri gave their defense line all the comfort to push forward. We did not have any striker for 10 or so minutes. I would have taken off Amauri for Trezeguet, then brought in Brazzo for Diego.
That is said, the reason he did this maybe obvious that Trezeguet is not fit yet to play more than 10-15 min and we had at least 20+ min on the clock. But didn't we have Paolucci on the bench?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't mind Brazzo. He is another useful squad player with experience, and he does come in handy with the odd goal or assist. I thought his red was harsh, how many people have been sent off for a high foot before? I assume the ref thought he was trying to kick De Jong in the face? Ridiculous.
How is he useful? He can't pass, he can't cross, he's not creative, he's not smart, and he constantly fouls people. He's a good runner and that's it. I don't even care that he got sent off today, he shouldn't be playing anyway.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
where was caceres today?
who is zebina? :sergio:

btw,the greek commendator kept insisting that zebina plays better as CB and this is his natural position.he said that he cant adapt well in the RB position...what the hell,he has been playing RB since he came here in 2004...

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
My insights:
1- Very Good result....
2- The team is starting to adapt to 3-4-3, but we are way far from excelling in it.
3- Del Piero was our link today. He connected all our lines together and produced some very genuine performances. He created the first goal, and assisted the second.
4- We suffered alot in the counters, and this was not because of the 3 men defenders, rather our DMs were skinned easily which caused out defense line to get stretched.
5- We are damn lucky not to conceded from the shot that hit the woodworth :D
6- Amauri proved today that all he needs is service. He might not be the best forward in the world and he might not be as lethal as Trezeguet, but he is definitely not a bad player as some have described him.
7- Zacch did something today that was dangerous yet needed (although i would have definitely done it in a different way). His shift from 3-4-3 to 4-4-2 was good but the way was not as good. Taking off Amauri gave their defense line all the comfort to push forward. We did not have any striker for 10 or so minutes. I would have taken off Amauri for Trezeguet, then brought in Brazzo for Diego.
That is said, the reason he did this maybe obvious that Trezeguet is not fit yet to play more than 10-15 min and we had at least 20+ min on the clock. But didn't we have Paolucci on the bench?
i agree but instead of trez he could've sent in giovinco he would've caused there defence some trouble and its a much better sub to be honest bec even if he did introduce trez earlier it would'nt have made any difference as trez is still getting his form.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
lets be honest about trez' performance today ...

regardless of if we would have brought him on earlier or not a would have DEMANDED that he would put himself even more into the service of the team. i think when you know that there is only 10 minutes left in the game there is NO excuse to just walk around instead of jogg or run around in our own half to help defending and put pressure on the opponents from the halfway line.

that was very dissappointing today ... i mean i saw him same times just walk like he was having a walk in the park and the others running their ass off to close the gaps ... is it too much if i demand that if he only plays 10 minutes that he actually is in movement for 10 minutes ? if his fitness was so bad, that he actually was saving energy because he cant run for 10 minutes that i gotta say he better have told the coach to play someone willing to run his heart out on the pitch.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
DC's cross was good, DP's cross was pure gold.
It was like he's trowing it with hand.

By the way, What's up with this? :

Looks like we need to teach them a much harder lesson with our second leg.
Great. Now our ultra will cause problems in the return leg.

Get ready for more fines and/or a stadium ban.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
i agree but instead of trez he could've sent in giovinco he would've caused there defence some trouble and its a much better sub to be honest bec even if he did introduce trez earlier it would'nt have made any difference as trez is still getting his form.
Nope. You have to have a striker to keep the pressure up. Del Piero, Diego, and Giovinco will return back to help out the midfield.
The only way to do so is to ask either Del Piero or Diego to stay up ahead as a lone striker for a short period. You need a player who can work as a target man, Del Piero can but giovinco can't. Its a very delicate call. But the outcome was ok I guess.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I will keep this short, because its late here, and I just watched the game on tape

The scoreline was great, I'm extremely happy for it, but we were outplayed the entire damn game

I still dont think the 3 man defense is the way to go, ESPECIALLY with questionable defending from Legro, and Zebina should retire RIGHT NOW !!

Speaking of retirement, I never want to see Brazzo in a Juve jersey again, he offers NOTHING to this team, and has zero skills

What the hell was Zac thinking going super defensive ala Catenaccio at the 70th minute ?? I'm glad he came to his senses (a bit) and realized we were being shelled after he threw on Brazzo, and called on Trez to give us some attacking threat (which we never really got going, tbh). The game wasnt over at the 70th minute, and we should have tried to seal the deal to make it 3-1, rather than defend a weak lead for 20 plus minutes

Sissoko better NEVER try to dribble out of our side of the field again, we almost paid dearly for that mistake

On the positive side, DP was fantastic, and Amauri gets the M.O.M. award with 2 goals:flag4:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, I thought it was a pretty entertaining game & for the second time in 1 week, luck was on our side. We still don't look like world beaters, but at least I feel we're gradually improving. Also, it's good to see that Zac isn't too stubborn, since we went back to the more suitable 4 man defence.

That being said, despite some promising signs, we really should be able to do better. Especially once we take the lead. I am well aware of what we were trying to do (keep possession, kill the game, etc) but we really didn't manage to do that.

Buffon 6 - Some good saves, coupled with some rather insecure moments. Embarrassing way to concede a goal though.
Zebina 4 - Oh my. Skinned for the goal, barely made any decent challenges.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Good positioning, some excellent interceptions.
Chiellini 6,5 - Does what he's supposed to & more.
De Ceglie 6,5 - Pretty good game. Used his pace & stamina really well. Maybe a few niggles at the back, but what an assist.
Sissoko 5,5 - Not one of his better games. A lot of bad passes (again) & had troubles imposing his game.
Melo 6 - Good game, nothing spectacular.
Marchisio 6 - Good game, nothing spectacular.
Diego 6 - Some really good moments, coupled with some rather poor ones. The usual if you ask me.
Del Piero 6,5 - Overall, you can't say he played a brilliant game, but he was involved in both goals & set up Diego quite nicely. I'm satisfied.
Amauri 7 - Credit where it's due. Made life impossible for the Ajax defense at times & showed some rather good positional sense. Powerful headers.

Grygera 6 - Massive improvement over Zebina.
Salihamidzic 5 - Good workrate but mostly bad passing, which didn't make life easier for us. His ridiculous challenge ended up with a deserved red card.
Trezeguet -

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Finally some semblance of chances being created from open play, we were quite decent in the mid portions of the game, major gripe being why we let them hit back post the 65-70th minute. Why cant our damn mid`s pass the freaking ball, schoolboy errors here and there with astonishing regularity.
Zebina and Brazzo have no place in this squad, just watched the replay of Ajax`s goal and im shocked at how slow he was jogging back to cover the attacker instead of going at full tilt...shocking really.....Brazzo well.....make a simple 5 yd pass for gods sake.
Melo was quite effective yesterday sitting back and covering the D, notice a few decent long range passes as well from him that more or less found their mark.
Diego was a bit of a letdown, Gio could have come in for him instead of the Sali switch..would have given us pace to exploit the open spaces ajax had towards the end.
3 man def has gotta go till we get some better d`s, anyway good to see the team getting its groove back, also think its a matter of rebuilding our shattered confidence.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
the ajax goal was just funny, apart of having a goal against us but the defensive play as a whole was just funny.
Zebina was trying to do a WC defensive trick in pushing the ajax forward to the edge and closeing the angle of shooting thus playing with his head more than his feet and i can see that Buffon understanded the move that his defensive player was trying to pull. in this goal i don't blame Zebina as much as i blame Buffon for actually trusting him to pull such a move as if he forgot that this is Zebina not Nesta.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Great. Now our ultra will cause problems in the return leg.

Get ready for more fines and/or a stadium ban.
I hope so. The majority of their fans are real fools, can only scream ''we are Ajax Amsterdam'' and ''jews''. Screw them and their jewish/Israeli shit, there is no jewish player on the field and only a very small number of their fans are jews.
They don't really like Juve because they are together with ADO Den Haag. Their ''ultras'' searched for Juve fans, but there was so much police that a confrontation was kept to a minimium. I hope the drughi teach them a lesson in Turin though.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
:D Just scanned through the thread and it looks like there's a lot of confusion about the formation we used.

Thought it was a 4 man backline myself. The way I see it, Zac ordered Zebina/Grygera to stay back mostly, while our left side (in this case DC) was expected to push forward more. Difference between the right side & the left one became even bigger than expected though, due to Zebina's off game.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
seriously are most of you blind, we clearly played 4 at the back and 3 in the middle.

Good game, good result. Zaccheroni was spot on and the formation was good.

Sal sub was perfect, it killed the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)