[EUROPA League] Ajax 1-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 18th 2010) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match - MoM

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
They lie comfortably third and chasing top two in league. They are in good form winning 4 out of their 5 previous games, whilst the 5th being a draw away to feyenoord. For me the one to watch has to be luis suarez, a player i like a lot, 35goals in 33 appearances (all competitions) says a hell of a lot (despite it being eridivisie), hot property who would be on his way to world cup with uruguay and definetly leaving for a bigger club.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do Ajax play anything resembling a traditional Dutch 4-3-3 at the moment?

If they do, things could get nasty if Juve try to face up against it with a three man defence.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Do Ajax play anything resembling a traditional Dutch 4-3-3 at the moment?

If they do, things could get nasty if Juve try to face up against it with a three man defence.
Yes, they play 4-3-3, with usually suarez - pantelic - urby

or

due to emmanuelson's injury we could see

rommedahl - pantelic - suarez

Theres a few combinations to choose from but yes I expect a 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 with de jong playing behind 3. Actually just add that theres a chance of a diamond 4-4-2 as well as Jol has used this in tougher matches. Regardless our 3 man defence will have a torrid time. Another player to keep an eye out on would be their hard workman like midfielder de zeeur, expect some fire between him and melo.

On a side note I really like lodeiro this kid's got potential but hopefully we wont be seeing him.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
This kind of thing them will make them popular and unpopular with certain members here.

any reason for the Jew love?
:tup:

The funny thing is that the first europen football match i ever saw was the CL final of Juve-Ajax.
No need to mention that all my friend were supporting Ajax and being the non-conformisit that Im i choose Juve for that match for spite and the rest is history.

Astalaro

May 7, 2008
any reason for the Jew love?
Wiki:

Ajax is popularly seen as having "Jewish roots" and in the 1970s supporters of rival teams began taunting Ajax fans by calling them Jews.[14][15] Ajax fans (few of whom are actually Jewish[14]) responded by embracing Ajax's "Jewish" identity: calling themselves "super Jews," chanting "Jews, Jews" ("Joden, Joden") at games, and adopting Jewish symbols such as the Star of David and the Israeli flag.[14][15] Some sources say that Ajax fans began doing this after seeing Tottenham Hotspur fans employing similar symbolism.[16][17] This Jewish imagery eventually became a central part of Ajax fans' culture.[15] At one point ringtones of "Hava Nagila", a Hebrew folk song, could be downloaded from the club's official website.[14] Beginning in the 1980s, fans of Ajax's rivals escalated their antisemitic rhetoric, chanting slogans like "Hamas, Hamas/Jews to the gas" ("Hamas, hamas, joden aan het gas"), hissing to imitate the flow of gas, giving Nazi salutes, etc.[14][16] The eventual result was that many (genuinely) Jewish Ajax fans stopped going to games.[14] In the 2000s the club began trying to persuade fans to drop their Jewish image.[16][18]

Fans of the Polish team Cracovia Kraków use similar symbolism.

:google:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)