Europa League 2020-21 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I meant priritizing in the sense of saving players from fatigue, injury whenever possible.

Let me clarify a bit: I wouldn't sacrifice our 5 Scudetti for Sevilla's 5 ELs, I would sacrifice just one Scudetto for just one EL, given the choice.

I THINK it makes sense :D
Yeah me too actually, although a coppa Italia sounds even better. Not that the world works this way but it would be nice to finally win something in Europe. All hypothetical bs but if we're gonna get knocked out in latter stages then might as well come third instead, winning it qualifies us for CL and get two for the price of one because we get chance to add the euro charity shield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Something like this season though, had we gone out in the group stage of CL, we should have be going all out on EL right now. We would have been the best team in the competition and the winner gets CL spot, so even if we fall out of top4 we would qualify. Also wed play the USC, so a chance for 2 european cups
I don’t think anyone would say different. But Elvin is saying he would sacrifice scudetto for EL. Like let’s say one of our close years, where we had a team finish less than 5 pts behind us in league. Would be ridiculous to prioritize tinpot EL over winning scudetto.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I don’t think anyone would say different. But Elvin is saying he would sacrifice scudetto for EL. Like let’s say one of our close years, where we had a team finish less than 5 pts behind us in league. Would be ridiculous to prioritize tinpot EL over winning scudetto.
It's due to scarcity if anything, we have a shit tonn of domestic trophies but only 11 international.

Sue me :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Agreed

I think at our best under Max, we could have won both comfortably. We played on 3 fronts all the time, we had the quality and the depth back then, and Max knew how to pace the team. If we sacked Conte after he lost to Galata during the winter break, wed have a EL trophy now. Possibly one more Coppa as well

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's due to scarcity if anything, we have a shit tonn of domestic trophies but only 11 international.

Sue me :D
You should face litigation for this terrible opinion. Leave Europa League for terrible teams. I’d be happy if we won it in some of our past terrible seasons or when Conte crashed out of CL group stage.

But wanting us to drop into it is just embarrassing. CL group stage exit or failing to finish top 4 in the league would be embarrassing as fuck and outweigh any good feelings about winning this tinpot trophy contested by mid table sides.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
But wanting us to drop into it is just embarrassing. CL group stage exit or failing to finish top 4 in the league would be embarrassing as fuck and outweigh any good feelings about winning this tinpot trophy contested by mid table sides.
I never said that. I said IF we end up dropping there I would prioritize it over Scudetto.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never said that. I said IF we end up dropping there I would prioritize it over Scudetto.
Embarrassing. That’s my opinion. You talk about Dybala’s pathetic mentality, but wanting to win a tinpot trophy contested by the Lazio’s and Roma’s of this league and others over winning scudetto is nonsense. This isn’t the UEFA cup of old, it’s a joke competition.

We could have 100 scudetti and still each and every year scudetto>Europa League. We’re playing in a top 4 European League.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, we’re just gonna have to agree to disagree

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Embarrassing. That’s my opinion. You talk about Dybala’s pathetic mentality, but wanting to win a tinpot trophy contested by the Lazio’s and Roma’s of this league and others over winning scudetto is nonsense. This isn’t the UEFA cup of old, it’s a joke competition.

We could have 100 scudetti and still each and every year scudetto>Europa League. We’re playing in a top 4 European League.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, again, I know the Scudetto is more valuable... normally.
But as far as Juve is concerned, we need an international trophy, like yesterday. Now THAT is what's really embarrassing.

Forza :J:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Bro winning Serie A is not like it once was. The last 4 and even arguably the last 8 in EL are stronger than in Setie A, plus its a European competition

Competition wise i prefer winning the scudetto for incomes and the prestige it once was but winning the EL gets you more recognition in Europe. Thats the sad state Serie A is in

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
IF we go out in GS, we should go out with the mindset to win both the scudetto and EL. But if we have a scudetto decider vs inter in late April, and a EL semifinal 3 days after, are you saying we should rest players for the EL semis?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
IF we go out in GS, we should go out with the mindset to win both the scudetto and EL. But if we have a scudetto decider vs inter in late April, and a EL semifinal 3 days after, are you saying we should rest players for the EL semis?
100%.

Again, Im desperate for an international trophy. I am not desperate for a Scudetto. We have close to 40 of them.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bro winning Serie A is not like it once was. The last 4 and even arguably the last 8 in EL are stronger than in Setie A, plus its a European competition

Competition wise i prefer winning the scudetto for incomes and the prestige it once was but winning the EL gets you more recognition in Europe. Thats the sad state Serie A is in
simply not true. It’s far less prestigious even with the state of Serie a. Sevilla gets zero recognition for winning EL. No one cares ManU won EL a few years ago. I can’t even remember what year it was lol.

And it entirely depends on which CL teams drop into EL as to its quality. Most years its garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

I very much doubt any top team would trade the League for a Europe League win...Let Union be Il nuovo Sevilla.
The same guy who complains endlessly about Juve having a small club mentality, etc, wants us to focus on a competition like this over scudetto. Bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

100%.

Again, Im desperate for an international trophy. I am not desperate for a Scudetto. We have close to 40 of them.
We’re desperate for CL. Europa is trash.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
UEFA Cup was an awesome competition, the EL not really. Mostly just a scraps playing there since they rebranded it.
Nominally the Cup winners Cup was the 2nd competition, but UEFA Cup was just so good. Imagine today, inter, Bayern, Atletico/Real, City, Lille in CL while Juve, Milan, Napoli, Liverpool, Chelsea, ManU, barca, Real/Atletico, Sevilla, Dortmund, RBL, PSG, Lyon all play the UEFA Cup. Thats not a inferior competition at all.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Only way I'd really cherish if Bayern won the EL was if we played big teams in the semis and final.

Meeting someone like Marseille, Arsenal, Benfica or Braga in a final would make it absolutely meh.

But well, still a European trophy.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
simply not true. It’s far less prestigious even with the state of Serie a. Sevilla gets zero recognition for winning EL. No one cares ManU won EL a few years ago. I can’t even remember what year it was lol.

And it entirely depends on which CL teams drop into EL as to its quality. Most years its garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

The same guy who complains endlessly about Juve having a small club mentality, etc, wants us to focus on a competition like this over scudetto. Bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

We’re desperate for CL. Europa is trash.
And winning Serie A after 9 years domination in a terribad league is better?

Im not comparing brand prestige. EL's brand is far from great even trash but its still more competitive than Serie A

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And winning Serie A after 9 years domination in a terribad league is better?

Im not comparing brand name. EL's brand is far from great bur its more competitive than Serie A
I just don’t see it. Competitive? Nah. Italian teams looking for top 4 finish have just not given two shits about that competition. Sevilla wasn’t a better team than everyone in Italy but Juve. Nor was ManU the year they won it. Nor was Chelsea. If you go all the way back to Atlético you could make that argument perhaps. But the teams that have won it more recently are teams that would be fighting for a top 4 finish in Serie A, just like in their domestic leagues.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we're in a competition, we have to win it. No matter what it is.
Yes. Like Serie A. Sacrificing a scudetto race to win this tinpot trophy would be disgusting. If anything we should be winning both if we find ourselves in this.

But let’s be honest here, even finding Juventus playing in this competition would be embarrassing as fuck and mean a massive failure has occurred.

I, for one, hope we never end up playing in this joke of a competition again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)